Engine stalled while backing up

AXCL

Low oil pressure light just means the Key on Engine not running. Thus a low oil pressure light. Normal response by the system when engine dies. TB is at issue most likely in the Electronics not the physical part. Change the TB and reprogram the PCM with updated programing.

By the way in reference to the previous post as Throttle Body does not cost 1K dollars. Highly over exaggerated figure unless multiple other issues were also addressed.

Edited by macbwt
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

By the way in reference to the previous post as Throttle Body does not cost 1K dollars. Highly over exaggerated figure unless multiple other issues were also addressed.

I'd be willing to speculate that it the computer was not throwing any codes (as she had related), that possibly the dealer had ran up a large labor bill in checking everything, just to be certain he had covered all possible causes.

What would one expect to pay does to replace a throttle body at a Ford dealer?

I'd be willing to speculate that it the computer was not throwing any codes (as she had related), that possibly the dealer had ran up a large labor bill in checking everything, just to be certain he had covered all possible causes.

What would one expect to pay does to replace a throttle body at a Ford dealer?

Last time I checked a throttle body cost around $65. You can change it in 30 minutes yourself. Should be lots of youtube videos on how to do it. If you have a 2011-2012 there is a Customer Satisfaction Program 16B23 that your Edge may be covered under. My local Ford dealer did my 2011 3.7L Mustang for free of charge :)

• Like 1