Rear Bumper Protector

bpalez

I agree, I looked at the Ford Edge specific bumper guards and they just did not look good, plus the quality did not sound that great, so I took Igcitng's advice and ordered it from StreetSide Auto.com (Scion xB bumper guard) made by Bushwacker, it arrived last night, my wife and I installed it and it fit like it was made for the Edge, plus the lip that turns down adds more protection to the bumper. I believe it was 62.00 and free shipping.

Highly recommend it!!!

Will psot pics this weekend.

• 5 months later...

I have a 2011 Edge Sport as well. Bit the bullet and ordered the rear bumper protector from streetsideauto.com.. It arrived today and is almost a perfect fit. Install took all of 3 minutes and it should protect the rear bumper for years to come.

Order one for a 2010 Scion xB but before placing your order google for coupons as there is a $5 off coupon available. Well worth the money....

Edited by KonaBlueSport

I plan on putting a clear bra on that part to keep the scuffs down.

Thanks for the great idea!!!! I've used some of the clear stuff to protect the lower body of my F150 and it held up really well. Most autoparts stores sell small rolls of the stuff. It's not the clear bra but it does work well on flat surfaces. When it wears out ya just pull it off and put a new strip on.

Well, I ordered the FORD OEM bumper part and after another 2 weeks wait since dealer had to reorder because the first was in such bad shape, I finally got it. Looked pretty good until I followed the install instructions from FORD and put it on. Got lots of bubbles under the flimsy overlay which you cannot get out. I tried making holes with a pin and that was moderately successful, most of the big bubbles are gone but its very hard to get all the trapped air out. in retrospect, I should have used the install technique from the tinted window people, spray the bumper with an alcohol, water, detergent mix and squeegee the water out. this prevents air from being entrapped. Now its a mess. I probably will get the rigid streetsideauto.com part for the Scion xb and just put it over the OEM one. (ps, my wife liked the EDGE name on the OEM product but it doesn't look good with little bubbles trapped underneath). Its too thin, in my opinion.

• 1 month later...

Just finished installing a clear bumper protector. I've been using a product by Trimbrite for years to protect certain areas of the many vehicles I've owned. It's a thick clear vinyl that is removable. I did the bumper, sideview mirrors and headlights on my 2010 SEL. This product is not as optically clear as the bra products and is only good for flat surfaces. It's a very thick vinyl and does a very good job protecting anything it's applied to.

http://www.amazon.com/Trimbrite-TRIMBRITE-T9020/dp/B000HNFCHQ

I just picked up a roll at Pepboys for 20 bucks.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a 2011 Edge Sport as well. Bit the bullet and ordered the rear bumper protector from streetsideauto.com.. It arrived today and is almost a perfect fit. Install took all of 3 minutes and it should protect the rear bumper for years to come.

Order one for a 2010 Scion xB but before placing your order google for coupons as there is a $5 off coupon available. Well worth the money....

Ordered 2 Scion bumper guards today (for my daughter's '11 Edge and mine). "Bushwacker 114001 OE Bumper Protector for Scion XB 08-10". Went through Amazon. I'll post results after I install these.

This is for everyone that has a 2011 MKX. I decided to take a chance and order the Scion XB Bumper Protector and I received it today. I Installed it with out any problems. The fit is really good. I did add some additional 3M tape at each end along the flat surface and at the back edge corners to seal it from any water penetration. I also closed off the slight gap at each rear corner with Black Marine adhesive silicon.

Ordered 2 Scion bumper guards today (for my daughter's '11 Edge and mine). "Bushwacker 114001 OE Bumper Protector for Scion XB 08-10". Went through Amazon. I'll post results after I install these.

Installed the Scion guard on my '11 Edge today. Followed the enclosed instructions. I did notice this guard has a very slightly different curve than the bumper. It would have been helpful to have an assistant press the guard to the bumper while I removed the tape. I had to do some gymnastics to hold, bend, force the guard to conform. Again, not too far off, but I wanted a snug fit. I also had to use a putty knife (protected with duct tape) rather than the provided plastic tool to lift the rear edge allowing tape removal. It's on tight now, looks good!

Does anyone know if these would work for a 2012? I don't know how much difference between the bumpers of the 11 and 12. I'd think there's not a great deal, but don't know if it's enough to keep this Scion guard from fitting as well. Sure is a great option though - kudos to the person who figured out the fit! :)

There is no difference.

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe I am missing something, but my 2011 Edge rear bumper does not look to have the same shape as the Scion Xb. The Edge bumper has a 45 degree curve before going 90 degrees. The Scion bumper looks to roll to a 90 degree. Does this make sense? I would really like to use the Bushwacker cover as it does lip over and protect more verses the factory Ford Edge cover. Does anyone have a picture of their Scion cover on their Edge they can post?

2011 Edge;

BT4Z-17B807-A-2.jpg?1317286655

2010 Scion Xb;

114001_v1_20110615.jpg

Edited by NIKAL

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I ordered my 2012 with the Cargo Accessory Package. It included the OEM rear bumper protector. The protector doesn't shield the bumper's edge at all, but the horizontal side is covered to some degree. In any case, I don't purposefully drag things across my bumper. I ordered it only as a precautionary measure.

• 5 months later...