Rear Bumper Protector

bpalez

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Ordered my Ford OEM bumper guard from a friend that works for an Autobody shop. $45

Looks great - but as others have said, doesn't cover the edge (no pun intended) of the bumper, but that's Ok for me.

It took only a couple mins to put on, but I did end up with about 3 small (less than pinky finger nail) bubbles - just don't look that closely at it.

I can try to post a close-up if anyone cares :)

Go to a drug store. Buy an insulin syringe. Fill it with water. Poke the needle through the protector at the very edge of the bubble. Inject the bubble with water (it'll dome up some if you do it right). Then, remove the needle and milk the water out of the syringe hole with a credit card. No more bubble.

• Like 1

Here are the pics....took a while to figure out how to upload them (and probably didn't do it the easiest way).

Hopefully, I attached them properly, and you can see a couple bubbles on the end, then one faintly under the "D", and finally a couple at the end of the "E", but otherwise, un-noticable really.

Bumper Protector I

Bumper Protector II

If I decide it bothers me (or my wife mentions it - ever), then I may see if it's something I can easily correct with Dingo's procedure.

If so, I'll post pics of course! :)

On a side note - We did also get the OEM All Weather mats for it - very good choice, we really like them. Those were about $75 too.

The driver side snaps down on the two hold posts which is nice. and the back is one piece - covers pretty much all the carpet in the back.

Considered the Cargo mat too (~$80), but we figured we'd just throw towels down, or if that won't do - we have an F150.

...no lack of accessories for these Edges.

• 5 years later...