2011 Edge/MKX My Touch and Sync Problems

Have a 2012 Edge Limited purchased new. Love the car--the way it handles & rides & the gas mileage--everything except the SYNC system. Sync has always been quirky, just changing up display on its own or turning off the radio and often difficult to get it turned back on. Each time there was an update, it was no better and sometimes worse. One thing I really loved was the compass; very helpful in finding my way around. About six months ago, the car battery died. Had it replaced and most everything worked again; had to call Sirius radio for a total reboot but worked the same as always once that was done. The compass, however, was stuck on "E", the direction the car was sitting when the battery died. I followed the instructions in the User Guide & tried numerous times to get it working again. Called Ford & explained my problem and was told I would probably have to take to dealer. The dealer is 35 miles away so I waited until an oil change was due & mentioned my Compass problem to the service person, hoping to get it repaired on the same trip. I was told they didn't know when they would have anyone available to find out what was wrong & that I would need to "drop it off" for a few days to let them check it out. So I am still driving around without the use of what I consider to be one of the most important options. Very annoying.

Did you try disconnecting the battery for ~10 minutes & then re-connecting it? Maybe the compass would reset & work. As for your Sync issues (display changing on its own or turning off the radio, often difficult to turned back on), these are not normal issues & you should mention this to your dealer. You have an extended warranty on the APIM that is responsible for MyFord Touch. It might be a hardware issue or it might require a complete re-flash that only a dealer can do.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

8/14/17 been away for while...

Last update I have on my 2011 Linc MKX is Sync 2 3.6.... back in July 2015.

Was there any more for the Edge/MKX prior to moving to sync 3?

Yes- I did check web site but that has been unreliable in past as to the updates that were there & then not there & then back etc.

Thanks... The owner site for my vehicle shows 3.6 as last install. I ran a VHR & opened but nothing on site updated. When I pull up in vehicle I see CCPU/SW: 3.08.15128.ea.10_Product ...I guess I do have 3.8 & there was been nothing newer since now Ford moved on with Sync 3.

BTW I also see where sync services is no longer for purchase. GOOD!! way back $200 for linc but only $60 for Ford- & most features were avail elsewhere free. That was an issue that I guess in time is now in graveyard.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I updated SYNC 2 in my 2011 Lincoln MKX to v3.10 this past Sunday. It totally wiped out my navigation system. It now will not allow me to reinstall the update. I took my car to the dealership yesterday and they wanted to charge me $200 to reinstall the free update. I’ve been on the phone for the better part of yesterday and most of today with multiple departments at Lincoln to finally be told that there is absolutely nothing they can do for me. They are not willing to pick up the bill to fix my navigation system even though it was their free download that corrupted it. I have done a master reset to no avail. Has anybody else had this issue and if so, do you have any other suggestions for me?

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2020 at 2:31 PM, DaRev said:

I updated SYNC 2 in my 2011 Lincoln MKX to v3.10 this past Sunday. It totally wiped out my navigation system. It now will not allow me to reinstall the update. I took my car to the dealership yesterday and they wanted to charge me $200 to reinstall the free update. I’ve been on the phone for the better part of yesterday and most of today with multiple departments at Lincoln to finally be told that there is absolutely nothing they can do for me. They are not willing to pick up the bill to fix my navigation system even though it was their free download that corrupted it. I have done a master reset to no avail. Has anybody else had this issue and if so, do you have any other suggestions for me?

Post Autoinstall.lst content here, maybe there was a chance you installed the version for non-nav system which doesnt have navigation package