2011 Edge/MKX My Touch and Sync Problems

I just purchased a new 2012. I have been reading about the Touch issues for years here on the Edge Forums. I did not hesitate on the new Edge mainly because, I know a fix is looming. Sure it may not be perfect... but if a fix is pending.... I will risk it.

I tried the 2012 Audi with MMI and the Wife has a 2010 Honda CRV with Nav... in my opinion Sync still BLOWS away at least those two options... buggy or not.

Rayo

Careful! Sync and My FordTouch are two separate platforms. Sync works great and has the Apps Link feature. MFT is the buggy one.

I hope this means it is coming soon. Mine flat out sucks right now. I have to believe just about anything would be an improvement.

I couldn't agree with you more. Every time I get in my car it sickens me to think Ford could release a product as bad as this. MFT was not ready for release and Ford went ahead and burned all these buyers

• Like 1

I hope this means it is coming soon. Mine flat out sucks right now. I have to believe just about anything would be an improvement.

I couldn't agree with you more. Every time I get in my car it sickens me to think Ford could release a product as bad as this. MFT was not ready for release and Ford went ahead and burned all these buyers

• Like 1

This comment is EPIC and says it all!!!

"I think under special conditions it works well."

Thanks for the laugh!

I've asked you not to ridicule other people's statements and opinions about MFT. It's just plain nasty and totally not necessary. Everyone (including you) is entitled to their own opinions and experiences even if you don't like them.

• Like 2

I've asked you not to ridicule other people's statements and opinions about MFT. It's just plain nasty and totally not necessary. Everyone (including you) is entitled to their own opinions and experiences even if you don't like them.

WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

I enjoyed the comment. and thanked him for it.

By the way, stop ridiculing my statements.

This is another example of you trying to put a negative spin on what I am posting.

Edited by wilsons66604

And yet somehow it's OK for you to do it? - http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/8960-looking-for-a-2011-edge-questions/page__st__20

I think you just nailed it. Misery loves company.

Fight fight! ah just kidding...I really just want NEED this software update. Sucks that one of the main reasons we bought this vehicle was its seamless integration of phone and media but as of late Ford has recommended I no longer pair phones and anything USB is dead. Please Ford send me the update...

I'd like to have a fixed MFT. It's been a year and a half and I'm still stuck with this POS.

I'd like to have a forum where opinions are excepted for what they are.

...A forum where posts are not deleted if the moderator does not share the opinion.

I'd like to be able to participate in a forum where the moderator does not feel compelled to argue with me.

I think the first item on this list is more likely to happen than the rest.

Well I've finally gotten screwed. I was worried about going to the Gen 2 MFT update a few months ago just based on what I had read on here... I used to have some problems but everything I was reading was worse.

Now I have a radio that doesn't respond to any channel commands, and it's winter and my seat heaters don't respond to anything. SYNC will successfully interpret my commands, buttons will change but the only thing that works on my stereo is the volume. Gee glad it didn't get stuck on the '40s channel or something.

I'm about ot take this POS back to ford. I guess I could try pulling the fuse or whatever that fixed the Sirius radio last time but this is ridiculous. I just want this crap to WORK.

• Like 1

Well I've finally gotten screwed. I was worried about going to the Gen 2 MFT update a few months ago just based on what I had read on here... I used to have some problems but everything I was reading was worse.

Now I have a radio that doesn't respond to any channel commands, and it's winter and my seat heaters don't respond to anything. SYNC will successfully interpret my commands, buttons will change but the only thing that works on my stereo is the volume. Gee glad it didn't get stuck on the '40s channel or something.

I'm about ot take this POS back to ford. I guess I could try pulling the fuse or whatever that fixed the Sirius radio last time but this is ridiculous. I just want this crap to WORK.

Try disconnecting your negative battery cable for a minute and then hook it back up. Worked for me.

I feel for you. Pulling fuses, battery cables and reboot apps are only temporary solutions at best. I recently had a lock up whereeven the reboot app Ford gave me didn't work. Luckily it wasn't a particularly cold day so not having heat wasn't too big a deal this time. I am in the same boat, trying to decide if we should just pursue a lemon law case or hope the new software is a huge improvement. We like a lot of other things about the car but I just don't trust it. Not to mention I have no faith left in my dealer and dwindling faith in Ford CS.

• Like 1

Had the wife's MKS in thisn past week for LOF & tire rotation, talking with the Service tech about problems people are having, he said until the update isn out, disconnect the Postive(red) battery cable for 5-10 minutes, not just a few seconds or 1 minute. He said that, like a computer, every app should shut down completely before reconnecting (reboot). This dealership ( Maplecrest ) is the same one that helped out another forum member out in 'Vegas, who's dealership had no idea about the program rewrite for the rear liftgate.

• Like 1

Had the wife's MKS in thisn past week for LOF & tire rotation, talking with the Service tech about problems people are having, he said until the update isn out, disconnect the Postive(red) battery cable for 5-10 minutes, not just a few seconds or 1 minute. He said that, like a computer, every app should shut down completely before reconnecting (reboot). This dealership ( Maplecrest ) is the same one that helped out another forum member out in 'Vegas, who's dealership had no idea about the program rewrite for the rear liftgate.

Been there done that..unfortuantely nothing makes the system stable. At one point and time I thought these things bought me a few days but then I had a few problems within hours. I barely have a stable system with the MFT doing nothing but HVAC and radio. We no longer use teh phones with the system and the nav is garbage. I tried to use it yesterday but since I was in motion the only option I had was voice commands so I had to pull over. Even then the routing wasn't quite right and we still have issues with our location being off. I really wish this thing had a mode like many portable units that lets you see how many satellites and sees and at what strength. I constantly get the GPS with red X through it symbol in the top left of the screen. Scary if it can't see the satelites now without leaves on the trees, once summer comes I'll never get a signal. Really pissed I spent the money on this.

• Like 1

WOW - you reallym are having your share of problems. Can't figure it out, some people are really in bad shape, and other have little or no problems at all.

Yeah it really sucks. Just happy that so far this winter has been mild so there have only been a few days I didn't feel safe leaving it for the wife and kid. I can tolerate lack of heat better then they can. What I think bothers me the most is that I think the last few months has really ruined this ownership experience. So even if the new software fixes everything it will be a while if ever that I trust the thing again and start to really enjoy it.

WOW - you reallym are having your share of problems. Can't figure it out, some people are really in bad shape, and other have little or no problems at all.

I'm leaning towards a flaky APIM for those having severe problems. I think Ford should at least attempt to replace the APIM for these owners while waiting for the rewrite.