Sign in to follow this  
Tomcat

battery saver

My battery went dead while towing it. Since I recharged the battery, I get the message "battery saver disabled" when I turn the car off. I can't find any reference to battery saver in the manual. Any ideas?

It talks about it when in accessory mode if I recall. Also, I think the lights won't stay on longer than 10 minutes once the ignition is turned off.

I need to better understand my battery saver......as last evening, my new Limited with 302A on it had a dead battery in the morning.....as my parking lights were on all night. I recognize part of it was my fault for leaving the parking lights on, but part of me thought that the battery saver would protect itself and start "load shedding" to protect the battery. Maybe I have a setting not set properly....but I thought I had it all set properly.

Thanks,

Rick

I need to better understand my battery saver......as last evening, my new Limited with 302A on it had a dead battery in the morning.....as my parking lights were on all night. I recognize part of it was my fault for leaving the parking lights on, but part of me thought that the battery saver would protect itself and start "load shedding" to protect the battery. Maybe I have a setting not set properly....but I thought I had it all set properly.

Thanks,

Rick

Apparently the parking lights are not on the batter saver circuit - just the headlights and interior lights. Not sure why.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this