transmission thump

TSB 11-5-6

6F50/6F55 TRANSMISSION—SLUGGISH ACCELERATION FROM 0-8 KM\H (0-5 MPH) FOLLOWED BY A HARSH BUMP OR A SLIP ON TAKE-OFF FOLLOWED BY A BUMP—BUILT ON OR BEFORE 4/15/2011

"may have a sluggish acceleration or hesitation feel during a rolling stop 0-8 Km/h (0-5 MPH) followed by a harsh bump or feel like a slip on take-off from a stop followed by a harsh bump"

I've had this exact event happen on my MKX 3 times and will be asking my dealer about it.

I just got my Edge back from having this done. So far, so good. You can see my detailed post here: http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/14223-transmission-question-and-service-bulletin/?p=110073

Peace,

DM

Edited by Davom97

• 3 years later...

I recently purchased a used Ford Edge Limited and it has the documented issue with the transmission thumping on the the way up at 30 mph. It is very consistent.

How do I determine which service bulletin would go with my issue and get this fixed?

Thanks

• 2 years later...
On 1/26/2014 at 8:59 AM, wlepse said:

Had the TSB performed on our Edge a while back and behavior is back, not sure if anyone else is in the same boat. Actually wonder if it was even done correctly in the first place. At the same time they performed fix for ticking on start up and forgot to put the hood switch back. Then tried to convince me I never had one and it wasn't related to remote start no longer working. So needless to say I think they do shoddy work and haven't gone back there.

I know this is an old thread, but which TSB did you have performed? 11-12-10 or 11-5-6.  Did you ever end getting the issue resolved?  Thanks!