TSB on Alignment

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, never had a problem. I special ordered mine. Maybe there is a difference in quality control when one is specially ordered, rather than buying off the lot, I don't know. With 17,000 miles after 8 months, I have not had a single problem what so ever, except that the significant other gets the Edge 5 days a week, and I get it on the weekend.

I'm with you on this. Only 5K miles since June but I drive it every day (well, except for a few when the weather was too nice to keep the jeep in the garage).

But I digress.

I have NEVER had even the slightest problem with this.

I hate it for both of you that you have though - the Edge is such a nice vehicle.

(I don't quite understand why someone in a class-action lawsuit has been instructed not to talk about it)

I'm with you on this. Only 5K miles since June but I drive it every day (well, except for a few when the weather was too nice to keep the jeep in the garage).

But I digress.

I hate it for both of you that you have though - the Edge is such a nice vehicle.

(I don't quite understand why someone in a class-action lawsuit has been instructed not to talk about it)

But I digress.

This is one of the reasons why I bought the Edge...People like yourselves...Loving it! I spoke with several people and they all loved it. I finally drove one and I was sold. Then I buy one..Redfire Red (love that color) and it's got issues....Hey have you driven with just the back windows down, even just half way...if you haven't...I ask you to try it and tell me what you think!

I wish you continued luck with your edge!

This is one of the reasons why I bought the Edge...People like yourselves...Loving it! I spoke with several people and they all loved it. I finally drove one and I was sold. Then I buy one..Redfire Red (love that color) and it's got issues....Hey have you driven with just the back windows down, even just half way...if you haven't...I ask you to try it and tell me what you think!

I wish you continued luck with your edge!

To be honest, my back windows have never been rolled down, even once. And I really don't anticipate them ever being rolled down. It's just the two of us and if anything is open, it's the BAMR (something with the front windows down, sometimes not).

Hello All, (all that care to listen)

Got the Edge back Friday and just as I suspected it's still pulling to the right. Drove all weekend and it's still pulling. I am so frustrated...had my cousins husband take it for a spin last night and he couldn't believe how bad it was and he said he started rolling back when he took his foot off the brake to hit the gas from a stop. He was on a incline....I noticed that myself too, it only happens when your on an incline so it seems. Anybody else having that experience? I am just at the end of my rope....my husband is looking into the lemon Law issue...It makes me sad we have to go this root but we've gotten no respect from Ford whatsoever, dealers, headquarters, none of them give a hoot about the consumer.

Can someone explain to me why some edges are doing this (pulling) and some aren't, I don't understand if they are all coming off the same platform?

I'm jealous of all you fellow edge owners that have no issues......!

Hello All, (all that care to listen)

Got the Edge back Friday and just as I suspected it's still pulling to the right. Drove all weekend and it's still pulling. I am so frustrated...had my cousins husband take it for a spin last night and he couldn't believe how bad it was and he said he started rolling back when he took his foot off the brake to hit the gas from a stop. He was on a incline....I noticed that myself too, it only happens when your on an incline so it seems. Anybody else having that experience? I am just at the end of my rope....my husband is looking into the lemon Law issue...It makes me sad we have to go this root but we've gotten no respect from Ford whatsoever, dealers, headquarters, none of them give a hoot about the consumer.

Can someone explain to me why some edges are doing this (pulling) and some aren't, I don't understand if they are all coming off the same platform?

I'm jealous of all you fellow edge owners that have no issues......!

That just sucks. Do you have someone from the dealership get in with you (and then they drive it) to show them exactly what it does? I had to do that with the BAMR rattle. Kept telling them it was still rattling until I finally insisted that someone ride with me and listen. After that, problem was fixed.

If so, what do they say when it keeps pulling?

It not, maybe you need to try that?

That just sucks. Do you have someone from the dealership get in with you (and then they drive it) to show them exactly what it does? I had to do that with the BAMR rattle. Kept telling them it was still rattling until I finally insisted that someone ride with me and listen. After that, problem was fixed.

If so, what do they say when it keeps pulling?

It not, maybe you need to try that?

Good Morning GoodHands!

Yes, the third time I went back to the Forman/Person who performed the fix (tsb#07-7-6) the second time asked to drive w/me but he wanted to drive. So we drive and he's slightly pullling the steering wheel to the left and was making comments like I don't normally drive with my hands off the wheel (I took offense to that comment I don't drive around with my hands off the wheel either but when you have to hold the wheel to the left. anyway, so then he lets go and it starts to drift and he says it's because of the road crowning. I was fuming at this point and told him I would be back when my tires wear wrong. then he says it must be the roads I drive on. I couldn't believe my ears...I guess he thought I was a dumb chick. Then we pull back at the dealer and he says well you can come back in if you want..well needless to say I didn't and left pissed off. So a few days later I had it back at the dealer I purchased from and the paperwork said realigned toe to specs. And now you know the rest.....STILL PULLING!!!!!!

I would love to know about Hamman and how he made out the third time but doesn't seem like he's been on! It's just fustrating cause I really really love the car...especially the BAMR!!! The other thing is it's not just me as you can see from several people on this forum how can it be that only some have this problem and others don't...My car was built in August 07....My Husband said somebody wasn't paying attention on that day!! Very Funny..NOT!

Sorry to rant on about it....thanks for listening and have a great day!

Good Morning GoodHands!

Yes, the third time I went back to the Forman/Person who performed the fix (tsb#07-7-6) the second time asked to drive w/me but he wanted to drive. So we drive and he's slightly pullling the steering wheel to the left and was making comments like I don't normally drive with my hands off the wheel (I took offense to that comment I don't drive around with my hands off the wheel either but when you have to hold the wheel to the left. anyway, so then he lets go and it starts to drift and he says it's because of the road crowning. I was fuming at this point and told him I would be back when my tires wear wrong. then he says it must be the roads I drive on. I couldn't believe my ears...I guess he thought I was a dumb chick. Then we pull back at the dealer and he says well you can come back in if you want..well needless to say I didn't and left pissed off. So a few days later I had it back at the dealer I purchased from and the paperwork said realigned toe to specs. And now you know the rest.....STILL PULLING!!!!!!

I would love to know about Hamman and how he made out the third time but doesn't seem like he's been on! It's just fustrating cause I really really love the car...especially the BAMR!!! The other thing is it's not just me as you can see from several people on this forum how can it be that only some have this problem and others don't...My car was built in August 07....My Husband said somebody wasn't paying attention on that day!! Very Funny..NOT!

Sorry to rant on about it....thanks for listening and have a great day!

I have a May 07 build date - picked up in June - and no problems.

I hate to say that..but your husband could be right. I mean, one of the robots/line people could have been off calibration that day.

Is there another Ford dealer where you live?

:redcard:

Hey Fitz...

When you do these "test" drives, are the windows down and BAMR open? If so, could this "pressure wave?" be what is causing the drift and pull?

Just a thought.

No, it's not the bamr....it pulls with or without the window or bmar open. My Cousin said she can't drive with just her back windows down either (she has a durango). That really doesn't concern me as much as the pulling problem. The BAMR is awesome....I've had no problems with that...hope I didn't just jinx myself. I've taken it to two different dealers.....I'm done dealing with the ford dealers....I'm going to try our local mechanic (he's reliable + no BS with him) hopefully he can figure out what the HEdoublehockey sticks is going on. And if he does...I'll be taking it back to the dealer!

:redcard:

No, it's not the bamr....it pulls with or without the window or bmar open. My Cousin said she can't drive with just her back windows down either (she has a durango). That really doesn't concern me as much as the pulling problem. The BAMR is awesome....I've had no problems with that...hope I didn't just jinx myself. I've taken it to two different dealers.....I'm done dealing with the ford dealers....I'm going to try our local mechanic (he's reliable + no BS with him) hopefully he can figure out what the HEdoublehockey sticks is going on. And if he does...I'll be taking it back to the dealer!

I never drive with just the back windows down; in fact, I don't think they have ever been down.

Keep us posted on what your local mechanic says. It will be very helpful to the others here who have the same problem.

When the rear windows are down, a pressure wave is created...I am told this is due to a design flaw...that is also why the little screen comes up when the Vista roof is opened...reduce the pressure wave.

I never had the little screen come up when my BAMR is open. Design Flaw???? So, will they be fixing this design flaw?

Hey Fitz...

When you do these "test" drives, are the windows down and BAMR open? If so, could this "pressure wave?" be what is causing the drift and pull?

Just a thought.

:hysterical: that's not nice :hysterical:

Have you ever had one of Arby's hamburgers? They are delicious. They are not on the menu, you have to ask for them...

:hysterical: that's not nice :hysterical:

Have you ever had one of Arby's hamburgers? They are delicious. They are not on the menu, you have to ask for them...

Now, now, now....you are implying that I was messing with Fitz and not sincerely trying to help her with her problem.

Tsk tsk tsk. That is absolutely not true.

(I did tell someone once that if they took bananas to the zoo, they would get a discount on the admission fee)

Now, now, now....you are implying that I was messing with Fitz and not sincerely trying to help her with her problem.

Tsk tsk tsk. That is absolutely not true.

(I did tell someone once that if they took bananas to the zoo, they would get a discount on the admission fee)

Oh, my bad, wink wink nudge nudge...

Hello all, I was just reading the updated post and noticed some were also having the BAMR rattle.

Ok, now get this, when they so call fix the rattle it is by adding Velcro and double sided sticky tape, believe me it is on my work order. And it still rattled. What kind of patch work are they trying to get by with? Also when they pull the headliner out check closely around the moonroof openings for the sag it causes when it is removed and re-installed, Look under the back small moonroof area were the dome light is and you will see the wiring harness is dangling with glue all over it were it used to be mounted to the head liner but isn't anymore.

Again, I have Ford engineer tech support papers that I can e-mail anyone that states that they are having alignment issues with the 18" wheels & tires & suggesting me to buy and try a known good set of 17" wheels and tires to see if it would correct my drift problem. My lawyer loved this one. LoL :hysterical: ( It's a design issue )

Listen there was no bigger Ford fan than I until all this took place, so I am no Ford basher (Well maybe now).

Everyone having these same type problems just open your eyes and lets make some noise, Ford and the dealerships service Dept's are both treating us like we should just shut up and go away.

Don't have to worry about mine any longer because I traded it in :hyper: :happy feet:

But I would still like to help anyone who would like any of the information I have and documents I possess.

Here is just part of the document About the tires. And notice how things seem to change from one hour to the next.

post-964-1192497325_thumb.jpg

post-964-1192497392_thumb.jpg

Edited by ontheedge

Hello all, I was just reading the updated post and noticed some were also having the BAMR rattle.

Ok, now get this, when they so call fix the rattle it is by adding Velcro and double sided sticky tape, believe me it is on my work order. And it still rattled. What kind of patch work are they trying to get by with? Also when they pull the headliner out check closely around the moonroof openings for the sag it causes when it is removed and re-installed, Look under the back small moonroof area were the dome light is and you will see the wiring harness is dangling with glue all over it were it used to be mounted to the head liner but isn't anymore.

Again, I have Ford engineer tech support papers that I can e-mail anyone that states that they are having alignment issues with the 18" wheels & tires & suggesting me to buy and try a known good set of 17" wheels and tires to see if it would correct my drift problem. My lawyer loved this one. LoL :hysterical: ( It's a design issue )

Listen there was no bigger Ford fan than I until all this took place, so I am no Ford basher (Well maybe now).

Everyone having these same type problems just open your eyes and lets make some noise, Ford and the dealerships service Dept's are both treating us like we should just shut up and go away.

Don't have to worry about mine any longer because I traded it in :hyper: :happy feet:

But I would still like to help anyone who would like any of the information I have and documents I possess.

Here is just part of the document About the tires. And notice how things seem to change from one hour to the next.

Thanks ontheedge!

I wouldn't pay any mind to 07MKX or ClubwagaonXLT...they obviously have no issues with their Edge! I do and still am and I noticed my roof is making a rattling noise around the control area...I mentioned this last time it was at the dealer but they never checked it out. Also, it's making this clunking noise when you stop and you can actually hear the gas in the take swishing (spelling) around. Plus it's been rolling back when stopped at a light (incline) when you take your foot off the brake to accelerate it's starts rolling. I'm no mechanic but I would think a automatic wouldn't do that.

Yes, Lawyers may be grubbing hungry folk but Ford leaves us poor souls with issues no other choice!