TSB on Alignment

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks ontheedge!

Ā 

I wouldn't pay any mind to 07MKX or ClubwagaonXLT...they obviously have no issues with their Edge! I do and still am and I noticed my roof is making a rattling noise around the control area...I mentioned this last time it was at the dealer but they never checked it out. Also, it's making this clunking noise when you stop and you can actually hear the gas in the take swishing (spelling) around. Plus it's been rolling back when stopped at a light (incline) when you take your foot off the brake to accelerate it's starts rolling. I'm no mechanic but I would think a automatic wouldn't do that.

Ā 

Yes, Lawyers may be grubbing hungry folk but Ford leaves us poor souls with issues no other choice!

Ā 

Ā 

fitz, Thanks, and yes their are a lot of Immature people on these forums so I just ignore them.

Ā 

fitz, I also had the rollback ( And forward ) problem and it is on all of them.

This was mentioned in a review that I read on the web and the guy that did the review said he had even let his roll forward by mistake while testing it and that he hit some bushes and scratched it up, he said that Ford needed to address the issue.

My wife said it felt like driving a stick shift because you have to ether hold the brake all the time or keep a slight pressure on the gas pedal or you will roll forward are backwards into something.

fitz, Thanks, and yes their are a lot of Immature people on these forums so I just ignore them.

Ā 

fitz, I also had the rollback ( And forward ) problem and it is on all of them.

This was mentioned in a review that I read on the web and the guy that did the review said he had even let his roll forward by mistake while testing it and that he hit some bushes and scratched it up, he said that Ford needed to address the issue.

My wife said it felt like driving a stick shift because you have to ether hold the brake all the time or keep a slight pressure on the gas pedal or you will roll forward are backwards into something.

Ā 

Maybe I'm over analyzing this complaint but...or then again, maybe I'm just confused.

Ā 

I know you all aren't saying that automatic transmission vehicles aren't suppose to move if you don't have your foot on the brake.

Ā 

You mention above that the review stated that he "let his roll forward by mistake while testing..."

Ā 

Well, if the car was in drive and his foot wasn't on the brake, of course the car will roll?

Ā 

If I'm on an incline at a red light, and my foot isn't on the brake - and I'm in "D" - my car is going to roll if the incline is angled enough.

Maybe I'm over analyzing this complaint but...or then again, maybe I'm just confused.

Ā 

I know you all aren't saying that automatic transmission vehicles aren't suppose to move if you don't have your foot on the brake.

Ā 

You mention above that the review stated that he "let his roll forward by mistake while testing..."

Ā 

Well, if the car was in drive and his foot wasn't on the brake, of course the car will roll?

Ā 

If I'm on an incline at a red light, and my foot isn't on the brake - and I'm in "D" - my car is going to roll if the incline is angled enough.

Ā 

Exactly. The torque converter in the Edge does allow more roll than other vehicles but that's why they put brakes on the darn things. And as poor as the brakes may be (according to some folks) I'm pretty sure they'll hold the vehicle in place when your foot isn't on the accelerator.

Ā 

I was behind a Lexus RX300 this morning and it was rolling backwards on a slight hill also.

Exactly. The torque converter in the Edge does allow more roll than other vehicles but that's why they put brakes on the darn things. And as poor as the brakes may be (according to some folks) I'm pretty sure they'll hold the vehicle in place when your foot isn't on the accelerator.

Ā 

I was behind a Lexus RX300 this morning and it was rolling backwards on a slight hill also.

Ā 

OK. Thank you.

Ā 

I thought I was losing my mind.

Ā 

I see it all the time...even the smallest of inclines/declines..cars rollling.

Ā 

And to quite akirby, "And as poor as the brakes may be (according to some folks) I'm pretty sure they'll hold the vehicle in place when your foot isn't on the accelerator."

Ā 

Soooo...the answer, boys and girls, is...

Ā 

PUT YOUR FOOT ON THE BRAKE WHEN AT A STOP AND IN "D"

We are just implying that the edge has just got more tendency to roll than normal and that if you are on a slight incline ether way and have to go from brake to gas "Quickly" it rolls quite a bit, because some people will ride right upon your butt at a stop sign or light.

I have owned more cars than most people, and have never had one roll so easily.

Ā 

And let me just state that their are people on here that will argue (Dispute) about anything and I just don't understand that, try helping people sometimes it will make the world a better place to live, and I am sorry if some of you want to just live with a vehicle that cost so much and ignore the issues with it like they just don't exist because they do, so I guess it is like the old saying people will defend anything that they over pay for so they don't look like dummies for buying it. :finger:

..... and I am sorry if some of you want to just live with a vehicle that cost so much and ignore the issues with it like they just don't exist because they do, so I guess it is like the old saying people will defend anything that they over pay for so they don't look like dummies for buying it. :finger:

Ā 

If it doesn't happen to us, we aren't ignoring it.

Ā 

You can't ignore something that doesn't exist.

Some people on this forum are assholes, and I ignore them.

Ā 

The roll back, according to a Ford engineer at blueovalforums.com, is due to the torque converter stall speed, programmed for fuel economy. It is my understanding that the engineers who worked on the transmission voiced their concerns to the higher ups, but fuel economy won out over rolling. Just use that big, rectangular pedal to keep the vehicle from rolling...use your left foot on it, and your right foot on the accelerator, and don't give the "This shouldn't be in a $30,000.00 car" bullshit line....a $30,000.00 car today is just the average car...not super luxury, or super high tech, or the ultimate road machine. It's basic transportation. If you have done your homework, and took the car for an extensive test drive or drives, you would have noticed all the little annoyances.

Ā 

Ā 

Oh, Ok use both feet! It shouldn't happen with an automatic....my taurus nor my husbands F150 and all the other cars I've owned never did that. Of course the Ford engineer says so so it must just be the way the car is made. My Bad!

Oh, Ok use both feet! It shouldn't happen with an automatic....my taurus nor my husbands F150 and all the other cars I've owned never did that. Of course the Ford engineer says so so it must just be the way the car is made. My Bad!

Ā 

But it does happen with other vehicles - just not the ones you've driven. Any car will do it given enough incline - it is a function of the torque converter stall speed.

• 1 month later...
We are just implying that the edge has just got more tendency to roll than normal and that if you are on a slight incline ether way and have to go from brake to gas "Quickly" it rolls quite a bit, because some people will ride right upon your butt at a stop sign or light.

I have owned more cars than most people, and have never had one roll so easily.

Ā 

And let me just state that their are people on here that will argue (Dispute) about anything and I just don't understand that, try helping people sometimes it will make the world a better place to live, and I am sorry if some of you want to just live with a vehicle that cost so much and ignore the issues with it like they just don't exist because they do, so I guess it is like the old saying people will defend anything that they over pay for so they don't look like dummies for buying it. :finger:

Edited by jrstorm1007

• 4 weeks later...
Ontheedge. Congrats on getting a Tundra that has way more serious problems than a 7 sec pull to the right. Hope you are happy with 14MPG also.

Ā 

There are only a few people on this forum bitching about pulling and over 160k Edge/MKX on the road. I think that is an acceptable percentage. STFU please.

Ā 

Ā 

Good for you not having any issues! I still have the pulling problem...would love the tsb# for parts being replaced. They've performed the 7-7-6 tsb# (no parts replaced) still pulls...drove a AWD/17" Tires for rental (mine fwd/18"Clad) and that edge did not pull one bit..got mine back drove on same roads and all it does is pull. I think more people are out there they just are listening to the dealers when they tell them it's the road crownage! BS! If it was the road crownage than the rental I had should have drove the same! I only get 16mpg, what's up with that?

• 1 month later...

I read all the issues about the Edge pulling to the right. Is anyone having a problem with the CUV pulling to the left? 2 days after I had bought the edge, I had to take it in because of the pull to the left. They adjusted the tire pressure and did an alignment. It is still pulling. The only time it will go straight is when i drive in the right side of the road and the road crown slopes down on the right...

• 1 month later...

There is a new TSB that was just issued for drift/pull concern on March 20, 2008. This TSB is an update and supersedes TSB 07-7-6. The new TSB is 08-7-3. This covers both the righ drift/pull and left drift/pull concerns. The new TSB is the same as the old one. It just adds the 2008 model year.

Ā 

I had mine into the dealership last Friday because it pulls to the left. They checked the alignment and rotated the tires. This did not fix the issue. Tomorrow, I have an appointment to readdress this concern. I am taking a copy of the new TSB with me so they get it fixed this time.

There is a new TSB that was just issued for drift/pull concern on March 20, 2008. This TSB is an update and supersedes TSB 07-7-6. The new TSB is 08-7-3. This covers both the righ drift/pull and left drift/pull concerns. The new TSB is the same as the old one. It just adds the 2008 model year.

Ā 

I had mine into the dealership last Friday because it pulls to the left. They checked the alignment and rotated the tires. This did not fix the issue. Tomorrow, I have an appointment to readdress this concern. I am taking a copy of the new TSB with me so they get it fixed this time.

How did you make out with the pull and the TSB at the dealer???

I go in next week and will be bringing in the same TSB.

How did you make out with the pull and the TSB at the dealer???

I go in next week and will be bringing in the same TSB.

It is not 100% perfect but definitely much improved. I have yet to get my Edge out on the open highway for a long trip and will wait to do so before decide if I am going to seek further repair work. I can tell driving on the interstates here in town that it is much better and I no longer feel like I am fighting the steering wheel. This repair takes several hours so see if your dealer will give you a free rental. Mine gave me one even though I don't have the extended warranty/service plan.

Ā 

:rockon:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I had the alignment TSB done and it does track much better.

Hi! After lots of arguing with my dealership-they will be performing the tsb as this site suggests (regarding the pulling problem). This will be done this Friday. I saw somewhere else on this site that the owner of the vehicle was forced to pay for the repair. May I ask you, PrinzII-DID you have to pay for your repair?

Hi! After lots of arguing with my dealership-they will be performing the tsb as this site suggests (regarding the pulling problem). This will be done this Friday. I saw somewhere else on this site that the owner of the vehicle was forced to pay for the repair. May I ask you, PrinzII-DID you have to pay for your repair?

I didn't have to pay for my repair as it was under warranty. As long as the vehicle is less than 3 years old and has less than 36,000 miles on it the warranty will cover the cost. I had to be assertive with my dealership too. The first time I took it in all they did was check the alignment and rotate the tires. I took a copy of the TSB in and demanded they do the repairs listed in the TSB. It drives like a dream now. Good luck! :rockon:

I didn't have to pay for my repair as it was under warranty. As long as the vehicle is less than 3 years old and has less than 36,000 miles on it the warranty will cover the cost. I had to be assertive with my dealership too. The first time I took it in all they did was check the alignment and rotate the tires. I took a copy of the TSB in and demanded they do the repairs listed in the TSB. It drives like a dream now. Good luck! :rockon:

Ā 

Well I took mine in to the Ford dealership yesterday, 2007 Edge SEL with 26k miles and they refuse to do it under warranty, they said it is only covered under the 12 month/12k mile provisional warranty. You got lucky getting a dealership that repaired it under warranty.

Obviously-the hope is that the tsb "fix" will actually work:) I certainly don't want to have to pay for this-as I just drove it off the lot about two weeks ago. I know this may be kind of forward, but may I ask what dealership (town & state) allowed the warranty to cover it? I'm bringing it in tomorrow am (Friday) & anything I can go in armed with will help. Like the other posts-I'm really "fighting" with the dealership over this whole ordeal. I JUST HOPE THAT CAR DOESN'T pull anymore after all of this. Thanks again for everything!!!!!