2011 Ford Edge AWD Problem

bad_andy

My klunk can at 25-30 mph and while excellerating. Dealership says the TSB is for it when it happens after a rolling stop. It hasn't happened again, I've had this Edge 3 weeks.

It can happen at 25-30. A 30mph "rolling stop" as in going through a toll gate will do it.

If your transmission meets the TSB requirements (verified by looking at the dipstick and mfg date) then tell your dealership that you want the TSB applied.

On mine, the klunk still happens from time to time but not like it used to.

Edited by wilsons66604

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Unbelievable that this has not been done as a 2011 AWD recall! If Ford really gave a shit about their buyers they would have sent all the owners of the applicable vehicles a letter to bring in the Edge and they will change out the rear end diff and whatever parts are necessary for the fix. This is the kind of crap that sometimes makes me wonder if I made a mistake coming back to an American brand. I bought a Ford out of the whole "Buy American" campaign and because of a general patriotic attitude I have. I sure as hell hope I don't regret it.

We have an Infiniti and if there is even the slightest of problems we take that car in and they get us in and out with a really nice loaner and get the car fixed without hesitation or doubting what we think is wrong. I have not experienced this yet when I take my Edge in for a problem and I've had to do that twice since I bought it in September 2011.

• 2 weeks later...

I had this transmission lurching when accelerating from low speed conditions since my MKX was new. After the dealer performed (I believe) TSB 11-5-6, it seemed like it was fixed since it did not reoccur for about a year. However for the past several months the problem has reappeared and it is worse than it was before. It is now virtually a daily occurrence but the dealer can not reproduce it nor are there any error codes being generated. A few of these "bad shifts" are very severe and almost feel like someone has hit me from behind. My dealer really doesn't seem to care. This dealer has been a continuing source of frustration for this and several other issues I've have/had but they are the only Lincoln dealer anywhere near me. They can't even confirm that the TSB they implemented was indeed 11-5-6. I'm not sure what I should be do now, other than looking into buying an extended warranty.