What made you choose your Edge?

I was looking to replace my trusty Toyota Tacoma with an F-150. I drove some and they were cool but i wanted something smoother and quieter. I drove the Edge once and that's all it took. I never thought in a million years that i'd buy a vehicle like this one. I've always been a truck guy....i think i'm getting old.

Careful with the word "old"...they prefer "wise" and "distguinished"...

Ā 

On topic: I too was a truck guy, then had kids, been in SUVs since. I have a small trailer, so I can use it as needed since I don't have a truck bed. The Edge was the perfect size and had the most interior legroom for the back seat.

Edited by carbonedge+

Careful with the word "old"...they prefer "wise" and "distguinished"...

Ā 

On topic: I too was a truck guy, then had kids, been in SUVs since. I have a small trailer, so I can use it as needed since I don't have a truck bed. The Edge was the perfect size and had the most interior legroom for the back seat.

Ā 

Maybe i should say "i think i'm becoming mature"...my wife doesn't think so though. I had to go the SUV route too. The Edge fits the wife and two kids just as good as our Expedition, we just can't bring as much stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

I just saw and EDGE ...........same color ........same almost everything as my $40k Lincoln MKX

Ā 

No offense to the Ford owners out there, however, I'm not a happy puppy that these two cars are SO alike. I mean almost twins.

Ā 

I'm not sure what the price is on the EDGE here in upstate NY, but I'm sure, I paid a lot more than the average EDGE price.

Ā 

I hope there is some difference.

Ā 

Wish I had seen the EDGE before I bought my MKX.

Ā 

B

I just saw and EDGE ...........same color ........same almost everything as my $40k Lincoln MKX

Ā 

No offense to the Ford owners out there, however, I'm not a happy puppy that these two cars are SO alike. I mean almost twins.

Ā 

I'm not sure what the price is on the EDGE here in upstate NY, but I'm sure, I paid a lot more than the average EDGE price.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

B

Ā 

:banghead:

Ā 

WOW! I am PISSED! I recently bought an MKX also, and had never noticed this til you mentioned it. To other purchasers:

Check yours and report back...this is MESSED UP! Man, am I MAD!

Since you posted the same thing on another site, you just have one more to go, to warn everyone else in the world.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

B

Ā 

It's not like they were hiding them. The MKX has a lot of features that the Edge doesn't have including a much nicer interior, cooled seats, better sound deadening, etc.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

B

Ā 

You mean Ford and Lincoln make nearly identical vehicles but call them different names?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

B

Ā 

WOW! Look what you Wrote! on another site.

Ā 

#33 of 72 Re: Good deal or no deal for a MKX lease [ridge2] by bromano May 23, 2007 (1:35 pm)

Replying to: ridge2 (May 23, 2007 8:57 am)

Dear Ridge2. We're in the process of buying much the same car in a dif color. Offer we got was $38,000 at 1.5%, too. We haven't talked payments yet. The dealer here (Drivers' village), has not mentioned the incentives and rebates you noted in your message....so that's good to hear about. I'll have to ask! Thanks. emo_blush.gif

well my story to th edge is a little starnge but true!! so i had a hond civic ex and it was ok, not so much of a car person more of a truck girl!! i got a brand new 03 honda, it was ok because it had great gas millage and since i was 17, i had to pay for gas, honda was my best friend. haha then i got a brand new yellow lab named maggy in 05 and honda worked for a while till she reached about 60lbs, not so good now. i sold it and got a 99 jeep grand cherokee it was ok but i must say i learned my lesson on buying cars from previous owners. that thing was a huge POS but perfect for the dog!! then my mom had a stroke in 06 and in 05 my younger sis crashed awesome comaro (loaded) slp edition i think. so this year she was going back to school and needed a car, so i gave her my jeep to take colorado since it snows like no other!! and i drive my mom around in her acura MDXwhich is nice but a little much for me and my dog is going to destroy the nice leather seats. so since she wants to start driving HER car that leaves me with nothing. as a gift and a thankyou for taking car of the family and juggling college since my mom had her stroke in 06 my dad is offering to buy me a vehicle. and i searched all the other competitors. since im buying a car basically for my dog and all the road trips i take to LA (i live in SF). i was set on the vue until i drove by the local ford dealer and remembered the edge. i went for a quick test drive and was immediatly in love the only thing to check was if the back seats folded flat.......and they did!!! match made in heaven. i also love the leg room, im 5'9" and love wearing 3"-4" heels!! i get my edge next week..........sooooooooooooooo excited!! and so is maggie!

This thread caused me to recall the factors that drove our decision to lease the MKX. There was less than $4,000 difference in MSRP based on what we wanted, or could get versus the Edge. The Lincoln dealership offered us $1,000 more on our '05 Montego than the Ford dealer would give. So for about $60 per month more on a two year lease, Mama is in the MKX. We did not get bamr, dvd or nav but most other options.

Ā 

If it holds it's value, then our daughter (son's wife) will buy it after the lease is up. It won't have many miles - perhaps 15,000 in two years, so she will still have a lot of warranty left if she decides to take it.

Ā 

After driving it for a while, I would not want to give up the heated/cooled seats, the classic front end look or the headlamps that turn with the front wheels. :happy feet:

Why did I choose an Edge? Hrm...

Ā 

I like its styling and I'm pleased there is very little, "badging," on the exterior of the Edge. The amenities offered on the vehicle appeal to me, and it has a smooth ride for a crossover. Whereas it's many safety features weren't a determining factor in my purchasing decision, they are most certainly a welcome bonus. The 3.5L powerplant combined with it's suspension tuning give the Edge a peppy feel on the road; it acquits itself well in all manner of traffic/highway situations.

Ā 

I like its practicality. The interior is spacious and comfortable with plenty of room for several people. The Edge's stated gas mileage was acceptable to me and after about 600 miles on the clock my real world observations bear those numbers out (so far pulling down around 19 mpg).

Ā 

Overall, the Edge seems to be a good value for the money and I'm very happy with it.

Ā 

The Edge is a complete departure from my previous car: a 2006 Pontiac GTO. It was a fun car to drive, but that's about it. Considering how much I'm enjoying my new Edge, it's obvious to me that I needed a departure :D

• 3 weeks later...

I chose my Edge because of the good looks, complete option package and availability of AWD. I was a long time GM guy and most recently two-time Chev Trailblazer driver (2002, 2004) and wanted something different.

Ā 

The Edge is good on gas, rides and handles excellent. I took delivery of a new SEL AWD in May and have 24,000 km's so far. Like others, I initially didn't like the headrests, but don't notice anymore.

Ā 

Overall a great vehicle. Well done Ford!

Edited by Edgeguy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We were visiting my sister last month and she had just purchased a new 07 Edge. I loved the look and BAMER. The interior was very comfortable and I am 6'4" and 275 lbs, so I wanted leg room and seat room. As we drove home in our Buick Rendezvous we decided to just look at the Edge. We liked the safety rating from the IIHS crash tests and side curtain air bags for the safety of our kids. We also took advantage of my sister's A plan before it was set to expire.

Ā 

We have had it only four days, but my wife is really happy and so am I.

Ā 

Love our new 07 SEL plus AWD!

My wife hated driving and riding in my 06 F-150, a basic work truck with a 6 cylinder and stick shift, rubber floors, crank windows. I liked it though for it's simplicity and honesty.

Ā 

So anyway we decided to get a station wagon and the Edge fit the bill---very sharp styling, excellent ride and handling, good pick-up, fun to drive. We got a loaded one with leather, heated seats, sunroof and so on and it got me over my Cadillac CTS envy: we had an 05 CTS which we traded in last year on a Saab convertible and I really missed the CTS. The Edge is nicely comparable to the CTS in feel and, oh I dunno, All American style koolness. The Saab is nice but not cool, know what I mean? Kind of a metrasexual's car.

Ā 

Today my wife took the Edge and I'm stuck with the Saab. The Saab is supposed to be "her" car. ;)

Edited by irishtom

My '98 Explorer had 228,000 miles on it and the transmission was starting to slip. Okay, it was actually slipping. I loved it still, it had been wonderful to me, butchaknow...it was time.

Ā 

I test drove everything under the sun, it seemed, for weeks.

Ā 

I visited the Lexus, Toyota, GMC, Chevy, Dodge, Jeep, Volkswagen, Nissan, Saturn, Mercury etc lots, I drove cars, trucks, SUVs and CUVs just to drive some of them. The two that surprised me were the Lexus 400h (for a $50,000 car, I expected luxury. It's all there, but no zha zha zhu) and the Saturn Outlook. Couldn't find the Outlook equipped the way I wanted it, didn't figure I had time to order one before the Explorer gave up the ghost.

Ā 

I figured I'd just go buy an Expedition. I'd put off driving the Explorer and Expedition for some reason. And after driving them....I didn't like them.

Ā 

Walking out of the Ford lot, something I hadn't noticed before caught my eye. I drove it. I LOVED it. Open, well equipped, cool featured, tight turning radius, smooth stopping, smooth riding, nimble, AWD, decent gas mileage, doesn't look like a station wagon, Edge.

Ā 

And, WOW! X-plan thru the office.

Ā 

Done.

Ā 

I might have bought the one I drove, but it was black and I live in Phoenix. Black cars with black leather interiors? In Phoenix? One word: insane.

Ā 

So, I bought the AWD creme brulee SEL+ with a camel interior, the vista roof and some other stuff. Added DVD headrests and haven't looked back.