2011 Ford Edge 200 Series Remote Start DIY (BB5Z-19G364-C)

Thought this might be a good DIY to have.
**First working on your own vehicle you so at your own risk**
**Second this is the way I chose to do it, and is purely for guidance/help, I do not work for Ford, nor am I a Ford Technician**

Tools Needed:
T50 Torx Bit
Body Clip tool, or flat blade screw driver, or needle nose pliers
Diagonal Nose Wire Cutter Pliers (dykes)

Optional Tools:
Extra Wire Ties
10mm socket
Electrical Tape

200 Series Kit (Part #: BB5Z-19G364-C)
edge_rs001.jpg

Whats Included in the Kit
edge_rs002.jpg

1) Open the rear hatch and remove the center trim piece(no tools are required just, raise the hooks, and a good pull will do)
edge_rs004.jpg

2) Raise the rear cargo/spare tire cover and remove
edge_rs005.jpg

3) Remove the left rear plastic cargo/storage tray
edge_rs006.jpg

4) Using body clip tool/flat blade screw driver/needle nose pliers remove the 2 plastic clips on the floor from the left rear side panel(these suck...so be patient)
edge_rs009.jpg

Also be sure to unscrew and remove the top left rear cargo anchor

5) Open the left rear door and remove the small plastic cover in the door way(no tools required, simply a good pull will do)
edge_rs011.jpg

6) Using a T50 Torx bit, remove the left rear seat belt anchor
edge_rs012.jpg
edge_rs020.jpg

7) You can then begin to separate the left rear panel from the vehicle(DO NOT pull this all the way off yet, since there are wires attached)
edge_rs023.jpg

**NOTE when you separate the rear section of the left rear panel from the vehicle, be careful when pulling away the black rubber molding as Ford uses a tan grease/sealant on this, and it is hard to get off of things)
edge_rs010.jpg

8) With the panel leaned over unplug all the connections that are attached to the left rear panel

edge_rs026.jpg

Edited by j3st3r
  • Like 1

Since you are only allowed to post so many images at a time I had to make multiple posts....

9) Once you have all of the wires removed, remove the 2 white plastic body clips from the panel
edge_rs027.jpg
edge_rs028.jpg

10) Remove the left rear panel
edge_rs029.jpg
edge_rs030.jpg

The first item to go in will be the antenna module
edge_rs031.jpg

This is where the antenna module will mount
edge_rs032.jpg

11)Plug in the grey plugged antenna wire(it is the one with several body clips attached to it)
edge_rs033.jpg

12) Using the supplied white wire ties attach the antenna to the vehicle
edge_rs035.jpg
edge_rs037.jpg

13) Its now time to mount the antenna
edge_rs043.jpg

Plug the black 5-wire harness into the antenna
edge_rs044.jpg

14) Route 5-wire antenna harness through the plastic C-Pillar cover
edge_rs051.jpg

15) Remove the protective film from the double sided tape on the back of the antenna and attach to rear window(You may want to clean the window with alcohol before sticking antenna to window)
edge_rs052.jpg
edge_rs047.jpg
edge_rs053.jpg

Edited by j3st3r

Its now time to mount the remote start module
edge_rs058.jpg

This is where the module will mount
edge_rs055.jpg

16) Remove the protective film from the velcro on the remote start module and attach to vehicle fender well
edge_rs059.jpg

17) Plug in the 5-wire antenna wire to the remote start module
edge_rs061.jpg

18) Using extra wire ties clean up the excess wiring
edge_rs062.jpg
edge_rs063.jpg

19) Now attach the main harness to the remote start module(The plugs are poka-yoked so only one will fit the plug on the remote start unit)
edge_rs040-XL.jpg
edge_rs066.jpg

Now we will run the led, and the valet switch to the front of the vehicle

20) Open the drivers side door and remove the plastic trim piece from the door way(no tools required, and good pull will do)
edge_rs081.jpg

While your here go ahead and pop open the plastic covers(we will be running the wires along side the factory runs)
edge_rs072.jpg

20) Remove the B-pillar plastic cover(no tools required, a good pull will do)
edge_rs079.jpg
edge_rs080.jpg
edge_rs069.jpg

20b **This step is optional, but it makes things eaiser**
Where you removed the plastic cover in step 5 there is a black plastic cover that houses the wires. If you lift up slightly on the carpet there you will notice 2 10mm nuts. Remove these, but do not remove the plastic piece. We will leave this loose so we can route our led, and valet switch through it
edge_rs071.jpg

Edited by j3st3r

21) Begin routing/securing the led, and valet switch to the front of the vehicle along the factory wiring harness, using electrical tape, or wire ties
edge_rs067.jpg
edge_rs068.jpg

Route the wires through the black plastic piece from Optional Step 20b
edge_rs070.jpg

Continue following factory harness past the B-Pillar
edge_rs069.jpg

Route the 2 wires through the drivers side factory loom in the door way
edge_rs072.jpg
edge_rs076.jpg
[imghttps://photos.smugmug.com/DIY/2011FordEdgeRemoteStart/i-ZWWv7CN/0/O/edge_rs077.jpg[/img]

Once you have these 2 wires up front near the fuse panel under the dash you can then close the plastic doors that cover the wires in the door way
edge_rs078.jpg

22) Go ahead and then tighten the 2 10mm screws, if you used the Optional 20b step
edge_rs071.jpg

23) Re-attach the B-Pillar cover
edge_rs080.jpg

24) Reinstall the plastic trim piece in on the drivers side door well
edge_rs081.jpg

25) Next we will install the shock sensor, remove the protective film from the double sided tape and attach shock sensor to vehicle
edge_rs083.jpg

26) Plug the shock sensor into the main remote starter wiring harness
edge_rs084.jpg

27) Plug the square vehicle wiring harness plug into the remote starter wiring harness
edge_rs085.jpg
edge_rs086.jpg

Its now time to reinstall the left rear cover panel

Edited by j3st3r

28) Set the left rear panel back in the vehicle so that you can reattach all of the wiring to it
Attach the grey plugged harness for the light

edge_rs089.jpg

29 Attach the grey plugged harness from the remote start antenna module, and the black & white square plugged harness from the remote start module to the panel
edge_rs041.jpg
edge_rs042.jpg
edge_rs092.jpg

30) Tidy up all your wiring using electrical tape or wire ties
edge_rs093.jpg
edge_rs094.jpg

***Its worth noting here that the multiple body clips on the antenna wire harness are not used or attached to anything on the 2011 Edge ***
edge_rs095.jpg

31) If your vehicle is equipped also re-attach the wire harness for the rear seat fold down switches and the 12v outlet
edge_rs097.jpg

32) Re-install the left rear cover panel
edge_rs100.jpg

Make sure you reinstall the 2 plastic body clips in the panel to the floor
edge_rs009.jpg

33) Reattach the cargo net anchor
edge_rs102.jpg

34) Using T50 Torx bit reattach seat belt anchor
edge_rs106.jpg
edge_rs012.jpg

35) Place left rear cargo/storage tray back into place
edge_rs107.jpg

Edited by j3st3r

36) Re-attach center trim piece
edge_rs108.jpg

37) Put spare tire cover back in place(if you removed it)
edge_rs109.jpg

38) Re-attach the floor trim piece you removed in step 5
edge_rs011.jpg

39) Put the cargo cover back into place
edge_rs110.jpg
edge_rs111.jpg

At this point everything is buttoned up.....except for where you want to mount your LED and Valet switch, right now they should be sticking out of your fuse box cover. I will let you decide on where you want to mount these to best suite your personal preference
edge_rs082.jpg

The other thing that I did not put in the guide yet is the hood pin switch. This is required for the installation(Part # BT4Z-19G366-A)...I did not put it in this DIY yet because when I ordered the remote start I forgot to order it...:-( The part is ordered and will be in this week, so as soon as it is in, I will include it in the DIY. The hood pin switch is VERY easy to install, should not take more than 20 seconds.

Once everything is installed you will need to go to your dealer and have the unit activated via IDS. From what I have read the price is varying from dealer to dealer, our dealer here said it would be $79 to do. Again this will be done this week and I will post the results/process/experience as well as a video of it in action.

I hope this has helped, I know in watching the video(that video was from an F-150), that was posted on other thread/forums it would have you believe this install takes 30 minutes...while it might be possible to do it in that short of time, in my opinion to do it right it will take you a bit longer. While the install is not hard at all on the Edge, there are just a few more steps you have to go through.

Edited by j3st3r

Oh and one more thing! Where did you buy from and what was the price?

I got mine from Josh at Tasco Automotive Group, I am not sure if he wants the price posted so I will just give you his email address: jlaliberte@tasca.com

Ā 

The original email I sent to him read

"....Hello, I have a 2011 Ford Edge and would like a price on the BB5Z-19G364-C remote start kit. Thanks!...."

Ā 

I will say though that its was under $280!!

Edited by j3st3r

OK...I might have missed it but where do you connect the first antenna (the one that has body clips attached to wire)? I think this gets plugged into the TPMS box but not 100% sure. And what is the purpose of the second antenna?

Ā 

When you get everything initialized let me know how the security system works. I had a dealer installed shock sensor on another car that was worthless. Initially it was set to be so sensitive it went off with heavy wind, they adjusted it but then it wouldn't go off even if I rocked the car by pulling the bike rack. If the system works well I would get the 200 series otherwise I may opt for the same system without the alarm. By the way I was told by an online retailer that you can purchase 9G1Z-15K601-A-F509 if you need another remote.

Wow, the dealer by my office is completely off their rocker. They quoted me $156 to program the BCM and said there were no guarantees. Well I guess I know where I won't be going. The salesman was going to quote the whole system installed but based on their initialization price I am sure they are going to be too expensive. Still can't believe they want to charge that much, that gets me half way to owning my own hardware/software to do it myself. If I thought there were more people interested in my area I would buy the software and install these on the side to pay for the software. Oh well, got to call other dealers now.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok got everything done today so here is the rest

Ā 

Hood Pin Installation

edgers018.jpg

edgers007.jpg

Ā 

40) Open your hood and you will see the place where the hood pin will install too

edgers005.jpg

Ā 

41) The plug for the hood pin switch is just under the hood pin switch mounting point, unplug this from the factory plastic piece

edgers002.jpg

edgers009-XL.jpg

Ā 

42) The hood pin switch only goes in one way so push it into the mounting hole until it clips in

edgers012.jpg

Ā 

43) Plug the plug you unplugged in step 41 into the bottom of the hood pin switch

edgers016.jpg

Ā 

Installation is now complete!!!

Ā 

You will then need to go to your local dealer and have the remote start activated with IDS. I have heard and seen a lot of different prices for this....HOWEVER it took my dealer all of 30 minutes to do and was $45 for labor. If your dealer is gouging you or charging something else I would either report them to Ford, or find another dealer

receipt004.jpg

Ā 

receipt003.jpg

Ā 

Here is how the remote functions

Ā 

...and here are the new Remote Start MyTouch Menus

Edited by j3st3r

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The only way to activate this is using Ford VCM IDS? My local dealer (I'm in Central America) wants to charge way too much (close to the price of the module itself) for activation. Are there any alternative ways? I even thought about buying a used or Chinese (probably clone) VCM IDS kit on eBay. Do you think that car diagnostic shops could have the VCM IDS?

Edited by rsucre

• 3 months later...

My remote start kit (series 200) got installed and activated. The car is remote starting but I have two issues:

Ā 

1. Only the key fob that I took with me to the dealer when the remote start was activated is working. My spare (factory) key fob, is no longer working. Is there any way to fix that without taking it back to the dealer? The message that I get when using the spare key fob is Starter System Failed. The unlock/lock buttons of the spare key fob are working, it's not good for starting.

Ā 

2. The shock sensor and anti-theft part of the series 200 does not seem to be working. I can hit the car and the alarm does not get activated. I can also get in into the car, lock the door (in theory that activates the security alarm), move all I want, open the door, etc. and no alarm (horn) gets activated. Any ideas?

Ā 

Thanks.

OK, I took the car back to the dealer and they added my spare key to the system. Now everything is OK with the remote start.

Ā 

My only outstanding issue is #2 above, that the anti-theft/alarm part of the Series 200 kit is not working. Any ideas? Can you lead me to a setup guide or help me troubleshoot?

• 2 weeks later...

leave drivers window open.lock doors with remote,wait sixty seconds,reach in window and open door with inside handel,not by remote, if you have an alarm in the car something wil start to happen.If not maybe the dealer never activated it and go back there again.

Hi Gary. I performed the test that you indicated and the alarm gets activated, the car starts to honk. Do you have the instructions for configuring the shock sensor sensitivity on a Ford Edge 2013? The instructions that I read on the internet (ignition switch to ON position, wait 10 secs, keep override button pressed until one honk then again until 4 honks) do not work (I keep getting only one honk). Your help is appreciated. I need to lower the sensitivity of the full shock setting as it never gets fully activated by impact. The warning (lower) setting is OK as I get the warning (one) honk if I hit the car softly.

Ā 

Thanks again.

Edited by rsucre