OEM Roof Rack install ?

I'm thinking of hunting down a used roof rack at a junk yard, if I can find it.

Do you think I'd be able to take it apart cleanly enough so that it would install on my vehicle without any issues?

Yup. Just make sure you grab everything including the white plastic brackets, screws and black strips. Gimp's instructions on the first page of this thread are really good.

Edited by fishx65

• 1 month later...

So installed the OEM roof rails yesterday. Everything went ok until....I ran out of the longer screws. Apparently the directions tell you to remove the middle brackets when you don't need to and I replaced one bracket with the longer screw that comes with the rails. I should have re-used the shorter screw, and actually, I should have never even removed the middle bracket since there is no need to, and. I realized this when I installed the second rail. So I didn't realize I was short a screw until the very end. I tried to remove the snap on end covers to remove the middle bracket to get the longer screw but those snap on end covers don't seem to come off. So now I am short a screw. Tried finding one at hardware store but couldn't find a match. Called my local ford dealer and he said he could locate one but it will take a few days. What a pain in the ass. Stupid directions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi. Just bought an Edge with BAMR and need to get a roof rack for my boards. I want to use the OEM rails but need more clearance on the crossbars. Do you have any pictures of your set up yet so I can see what it looks like?

Thanks!

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi all,

I have a 2014 Edge with no rails and no Vista roof. I have a Thule rack system including the Hullivator that I want to put on the roof. Both Thule, and Yakima have solutions but I can't find anything that says that any combination will support the Hullivator and the weight that it will support.

I have two fiberglass kayaks that I want to carry, one sitting on the Hullivator.

Anybody out there have any thoughts?

Thanks

Don

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

None, sorry. Haven't found anyone yet to do a trade and I just can't bring myself to buy them for $200. And the local salvage yards don't seem to have any Edges' as yet. Still running with no rails.

Edit: ... and I never heard from Farquhar.

Edited by chefduane

After a good night's sleep it was clear to see how they go on. I got the kit for the side rails. Instructions say 10 on the longer bolts, well they only supply 8 in the kit. I re-used 2 of the original bolts in the center retaining track on each side. I'm hoping it isn't a noticeable increase in wind noise.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...