im from iran

i live in kish island

and need your help

my car is ford edge model 2011

and sync is my ford touch

i want update my system because to issue :

1- my rear camera bad working

2- system need reinstall update

i search and find website can help me , but sys your system is up to date !!

there are now any dealership in my country for ford product .

and i need installation file to copy my flash drive and update my sync system .

my sync software history shows :

date confirmed :aug 18 2010 and version : gen2 v 1.8

and BT4T-14D544-AJ is sync gen2 image

please send files as link to download for me

thanks all

Edited by 1004ron
Don't add all the line spacing

• 5 months later...

This forum looks dead but I'll try anyway.

I understand there is a MFT v3.8 for my 2011 Edge SEL. But SyncMyRide says my current v3.6 is up to date.

My SyncMyRide subscription expired years ago, is this why it won't show the v3.8 update?

Or do I need to visit the dealer to get it?

Yes, for some reason Ford moved to Dealer installation of the updates without officially announcing it, so SyncMyRide will show whatever you have as up to date. There is a V3.8 from more than a year ago. You will either need to visit your dealer for the update or search for a download link & do it your self.

Here is a link I found for NA: http://ivsu.binaries.ford.com/swparts/Gen2v38build15128updatepackageNARev2.zip

This forum looks dead but I'll try anyway.

I understand there is a MFT v3.8 for my 2011 Edge SEL. But SyncMyRide says my current v3.6 is up to date.

My SyncMyRide subscription expired years ago, is this why it won't show the v3.8 update?

Or do I need to visit the dealer to get it?

Hey Armadillo,

I responded and answered both of your questions here: http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/21726-sync-resurrection/?do=findComment&comment=162886 Check it out.

Shaay

Edited by FordIVTteam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Yes, for some reason Ford moved to Dealer installation of the updates without officially announcing it, so SyncMyRide will show whatever you have as up to date. There is a V3.8 from more than a year ago. You will either need to visit your dealer for the update or search for a download link & do it your self.

Here is a link I found for NA: http://ivsu.binaries.ford.com/swparts/Gen2v38build15128updatepackageNARev2.zip

Omar, do you know if this is the release for vehicles with NAV? I may be wrong but I remember reading elsewhere that there were two versions of Fords Updates one for NAV and one without and also reading if you load the non NAV version to a NAV vehicle it would disable the NAV feature.

• Like 1

As far as I know, and from all official releases, the update files were always the same for NAV & non-NAV versions.

Edit: for Sync 3, yes, there are different update files for NAV & non-NAV, but not for MFT (Sync version 2).

Edited by omar302
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...
  • 5 months later...
On 6/29/2017 at 12:43 PM, omar302 said:

As far as I know, and from all official releases, the update files were always the same for NAV & non-NAV versions.

Edit: for Sync 3, yes, there are different update files for NAV & non-NAV, but not for MFT (Sync version 2).

The ones with factory NAV have one additional file package installed.  I think its EA5T-14F657-AG.zip for Sync2  version 3.10