MFT upgrade overview

What version should I be watching for?

Thanks JD

2.11 is the most recent bad software version. So something greater than that would be a good sign. To upgrade from to version 2.11 all you really had to do was stick a memory stick in the car and let the car run for an hour. It sounds like the "big fix" is going to be the same thing. To be honest, I hate this car. I would not have bought it if I knew that any interaction with the MyF'dupTouch would make me angry. In your position, I would not take the car till I saw the new version of Myfordtouch. If the new version still crashes daily and cant McDonald's faster than driving down any road till you pass one I would find a non-ford car.

Edited by GeneBopp

• 4 weeks later...

2013s will come with the new version, 2012s will not.

Been away from forum awhile- see all the chatter here & on the smr forum- the release of the new MFT upgrade? I see talk of few weeks, 1st qtr, Spring, not till 2013 taurus release, I see postcards- wow head spins...

Any new reliable news on the best estimate of when?

I got my new issue of the Ford magazine they send out to new owners and it talked about the upgrade and that it will be coming shortly (whatever that means). If it looks like the picture they showed and works like they say, it will be 100% better than the current version. Can't remember which version I have, and haven't had a lot of problems with the system, but it is quirky and definitely needs some help. My Edge is only 6 months old and I will give it at least until the warranty is up to get fixed or will be looking for a new vehicle. Don't need computer problems with no warranty, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed because other than that, we love our Edge.

I contacted Ford Customer Service about the upgrade and they would not provide any details on when we would be receiving the update. However, they did inform me that my system would require 2.11 in order for the upgrade to work. I had to take my Edge to the dealership and have them install 2.11. I know they are advertising the fact that the new update will not require a dealer install but the vast majority of people don't have 2.11 and, as a result, will be required to go to the dealership to get the update before installing the new one (3.0?). Kind of defeats the purpose and I feel like this is another example of Ford not being completely honest with their customers.

3.0 better be amazing!

• Like 2

I contacted Ford Customer Service about the upgrade and they would not provide any details on when we would be receiving the update. However, they did inform me that my system would require 2.11 in order for the upgrade to work. I had to take my Edge to the dealership and have them install 2.11. I know they are advertising the fact that the new update will not require a dealer install but the vast majority of people don't have 2.11 and, as a result, will be required to go to the dealership to get the update before installing the new one (3.0?). Kind of defeats the purpose and I feel like this is another example of Ford not being completely honest with their customers.

3.0 better be amazing!

Very interesting. 2.11 is required to install the new version?

Bring it on! I have the 2.11 "pig" installed

Currently, to self install an update you have to be on (I think) 2.7.

3.0 better be amazing!

Thanks for sharing

Been away from forum awhile- see all the chatter here & on the smr forum- the release of the new MFT upgrade? I see talk of few weeks, 1st qtr, Spring, not till 2013 taurus release, I see postcards- wow head spins...

Any new reliable news on the best estimate of when?

I'll answer my own question the mod. at smr posted... http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=54&nav=messages&webtag=fordsyncmb&tid=4569

"...beta-testing phase is still ongoing .. coming this spring, and within the next few months."

I think you have to be at least on 2.7 to do it - at least that is what I remember the rep on fb telling me. I am still waiting till the 3.0 comes out and will have the dealership do it all themselves. No reason for me to mess mine up now.

Good idea. No need to go to 2.11 now. You seem to have had very good luck with your system.

3.0 better be amazing!

You can do the 2.11 upgrade at home with a usb thumb drive.. You download through sync my ride.... It is really simple. You plug it in the computer download the file to it go out in your car start it and insert usb drive in usb port and wait for it to be completely done. Once completely done shut off car bring in thumb drive and plug into computer. Sync my ride confirms everything downloaded correctly.

You can do the 2.11 upgrade at home with a usb thumb drive.. You download through sync my ride.... It is really simple. You plug it in the computer download the file to it go out in your car start it and insert usb drive in usb port and wait for it to be completely done. Once completely done shut off car bring in thumb drive and plug into computer. Sync my ride confirms everything downloaded correctly.

If you don't have 2.7 or above, you can't do the 2.11 update yourself.

My update:

Had my '11 Edge in for scheduled maintenance last week. I asked about the new MFT software upgrade and the email I got from Ford stating Q1 2012.

Service guy made a call and then told me the new software was in. I was right...at least in Canada they are not sending out flash drives. The upgrade is done by the dealer.

I'm booked in for later this morning. I'll let you guys know how it goes. *crossing my fingers*

My update:

Had my '11 Edge in for scheduled maintenance last week. I asked about the new MFT software upgrade and the email I got from Ford stating Q1 2012.

Service guy made a call and then told me the new software was in. I was right...at least in Canada they are not sending out flash drives. The upgrade is done by the dealer.

I'm booked in for later this morning. I'll let you guys know how it goes. *crossing my fingers*

i could be wrong man, but i think the upgrade you're getting is just a software update to the current MyTouch version. i dont think you're getting the new version. i've made several phone calls this AM to reps, FSE's, and the Sync Tech Hotline. Nobody knows anything about it being released. Your dealer may be a lil confused. I hope not, I hope the new update is out so we can just forget all this mess from the previous mytouch version, lol.

just don't be too upset if its only a minor software/firmware update and not the full new version everyone is waiting for

My update:

I already received the mailer saying that users will be mailed flash drives (I'm in toronto, canada).. so it sounds like your getting the 2.11 update which has been out for quite some time.

M.

Man, if this is just the 2.11 I'll be a little upset. I purposely stayed at v2.4 version because of all the comments some folks here made that their MFT worked crappier with 2.11. Mine was working pretty good already

I'm still here at the dealer, 1.5 hours and counting.

ETA: OK. Got my car back. Yep, you were right. It's v2.11. I confirmed it on Syncmyride.com. What a waste of time. At quick glance it looks like it works at least as well as before. I could tell it was v2.11 when I saw the same old screens. That guy didn't know what he was talking about or he was just BSing me. Last week he said that the upgrade just came in the week before. I knew 2.11 was out for quite a while, so I figured if this just came out it must be the rewrite. Ahh, well....

Edited by seabee78

Man, if this is just the 2.11 I'll be a little upset. I purposely stayed at v2.4 version because of all the comments some folks here made that their MFT worked crappier with 2.11. Mine was working pretty good already

I'm still here at the dealer, 1.5 hours and counting.

ETA: OK. Got my car back. Yep, you were right. It's v2.11. I confirmed it on Syncmyride.com. What a waste of time. At quick glance it looks like it works at least as well as before. I could tell it was v2.11 when I saw the same old screens. That guy didn't know what he was talking about or he was just BSing me. Last week he said that the upgrade just came in the week before. I knew 2.11 was out for quite a while, so I figured if this just came out it must be the rewrite. Ahh, well....

Did you not get a notification yet about the update being sent to you via a flash drive. I received notification 2 or 3 weeks ago. Bummer for you but my understanding is we all have to get the 2.11 update done before installing the one we received on the flash drive. So you are one step ahead of me. I'm still running 2.7 without any significant problems.

Did you not get a notification yet about the update being sent to you via a flash drive. I received notification 2 or 3 weeks ago. Bummer for you but my understanding is we all have to get the 2.11 update done before installing the one we received on the flash drive. So you are one step ahead of me. I'm still running 2.7 without any significant problems.

update version won't matter when it comes to the new one.

Oh really. I was advised and I believe it was on this forum that 2.11 must be installed before continuing with the new one. Well that's great news because I was a bit hesitant about installing 2:11 when my system was working so well. Thanks.

the reason i say it wont matter is that when you take it in to have the upgrade to the new system installed, they'll just update it to whatever version is current and required then install the new version on top of that.

so if you're running good right now just leave it be

the reason i say it wont matter is that when you take it in to have the upgrade to the new system installed, they'll just update it to whatever version is current and required then install the new version on top of that.

so if you're running good right now just leave it be

But it matters if you're doing the upgrade yourself because I don't think you can self-upgrade prior to 2.7.

But it matters if you're doing the upgrade yourself because I don't think you can self-upgrade prior to 2.7.

Yes that's what I was thinking. As a matter of fact I think you have to have at least 2.7 before you can do the 2.11 yourself and then the final update yourself. There was some concern that if you lived in Canada you would have to download the final update but apparently that is not the case. I have already received notification that a USB flash drive will be sent to me when available. Anyway thanks for the info and keep it coming.