22" TSW Snetterton

Eatinitup

Just personal prefrence. ALL black wheels makes me think of taxi cabs, no definition. A pain to keep clean, but great if you have a lot of brake dust. :lol:

You need a polished lip to seperate the wheel, and the tire.

I have a set of 2010 Sport take offs on my 'Splorer' now, but also have 2012 Sports that I will install as soon as my tires come.

Explorer2012.jpg

Xgotsnewshoesyo.jpg

I looked into the 2012 Sport 22's but the price tag on them was ridiculous.. Dealer wanted like 700/rim.. i almost choked.. The 22 TSW Snettertons I have and Tires cost me 2310.00$ installed and from Discount Tire with extra warranty purchased on Tires..

$700 was a steal, they are almost $1500 up here! :banghead:

I looked into the 2012 Sport 22's but the price tag on them was ridiculous.. Dealer wanted like 700/rim.. i almost choked.. The 22 TSW Snettertons I have and Tires cost me 2310.00$ installed and from Discount Tire with extra warranty purchased on Tires..

They'll fit. I'll make them. I will buy a wheel shoehorn.

Hell even if they didn't fit, id have them machined to fit.. For that matter, you can have them custom made for less than 6k.. I would never spend 6k on a set of rims.. NOT EVEN IF THEY WERE SPINNERS, LOL.. 2310.00$ out the door for my wheels, and they are really popular brand and tires are very nice. 2300 included warranty on rims and tires for 3 years.. Anything happens to them, they replace them 100%.

Looks nice with the new wheels, But one thing had me scratching my head the entire time. Did you guys actually buy an Edge for speed and running 1/4 miles down the track? I never thought an Edge would be great at the track. And if you want the best grip I would run slicks on it at the track on 15" rims. I run 18" rims on my mustang but at the track I swap the rears off for slicks on 15" rims to get the extra grip. The slick combo is actually heavier than the 18" and tire, but I get no grip from them at all.

Two things you don't play around with are Rims and Paint. You don't buy rims because you don't have the money to get the ones you want and you don't paint things on your car that can't be returned to stock in case you don't like it. Save up if you are worried about the "Dolla Dolla Bills Yall". As for racing an Edge at the track, I would have never put 22's on my Edge if I thought I wanted to partake in some "Smokey and the Bandit" on the weekends.. Although, there is a video of a guy on Youtube sporting a 2007 Edge SEL with catback exhaust, airaid intake, sct x3 tune and throttle body spacer running mid 15's on 22's @ 87mph I believe.. Don't quote me on the MPH but thats pretty damn good for a CUV with simple bolt ons running 22's.... IMHO that is.

[

Drag racing an Edge, what a waste of time! Lets get a heavier underpowered 'box' to 'walk' the track!!! :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

quote name='Eatinitup' timestamp='1332852416' post='77216]

Two things you don't play around with are Rims and Paint. You don't buy rims because you don't have the money to get the ones you want and you don't paint things on your car that can't be returned to stock in case you don't like it. Save up if you are worried about the "Dolla Dolla Bills Yall". As for racing an Edge at the track, I would have never put 22's on my Edge if I thought I wanted to partake in some "Smokey and the Bandit" on the weekends.. Although, there is a video of a guy on Youtube sporting a 2007 Edge SEL with catback exhaust, airaid intake, sct x3 tune and throttle body spacer running mid 15's on 22's @ 87mph I believe.. Don't quote me on the MPH but thats pretty damn good for a CUV with simple bolt ons running 22's.... IMHO that is.

Edited by JETZ