Digital Cameras...

Dingo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a coinsidence. I'm a Joey too and a Mazda6club member until it was traded for an Edge over two weeks ago. ;)

Wow...well, we all make mistakes in life. :D

Worst car I ever owned. :banghead: I just posted a pic on mine on the 'other car' thread...28 consecutive days in the shop. I think I hold some sort of record.

Edited by ShopVac

I'm running the older brother to the D7000, the D90. I've had it for a few years and love it. Photoshop, Photomatix, Topaz and Lightroom are a must IMO.

Here are a few of mine taken over the years...

Dawntawn2.jpg

MINI_HDR_Waterfall.jpg

Banggai.jpg

Butterfly.jpg

NightBridges.jpg

CitronellaFlame.jpg

Venezia_Night_Edge.jpg

Holy HDR, Batman! I like 'em!

• 2 weeks later...

Since people are sharing camera.gif. Thought I would throw some out there. I haven't spent a lot of time editing photos yet, so these are just raw.

Just realized these pics are way to big to view like this banghead.gif. Sorry guys. I can reload them at a smaller size if you want. I don't want to spam~

post-20945-0-23695800-1333825331_thumb.jpg

post-20945-0-57955300-1333825357_thumb.jpg

post-20945-0-22226000-1333825389_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cellbine

Wow, great pics everyone! I use a D90, but its about time for us to upgrade to the 5100. I just really don't like the flippy LCD. I love the original button layout and that LCD screen just screws everything up!

Don't go with a D5100...while newer, it's a downgrade from the D90. The D90 is equivalent to the D7000, so going to that model would be a slight upgrade (but not by much). It's worth it to go to the D7000 if you take video...but the rest of the functionality is similar.

And although the d5100 is more pixels, the d90 takes better photos with more features. You can get barely used 7000s on Craigslist all day for around $1k.

What's that phrase, "size isn't everything" :)

Here's my shot for the day...sticking with some foreign themes above.

Col3.jpg

Don't go with a D5100...while newer, it's a downgrade from the D90. The D90 is equivalent to the D7000, so going to that model would be a slight upgrade (but not by much). It's worth it to go to the D7000 if you take video...but the rest of the functionality is similar.

I really love the D90 for taking pictures. Ive played around with the 5100 and it is nice. I like some of the new photo modes like color selection. But we are primarily buying a new camera for the video function. I don't want to buy a camcorder and the video on the D90 does not meet our needs. I'm actually leaning towards a cannon atm. oh, we also have to stay under the $900 range, thats our budget.

What's that phrase, "size isn't everything" :)

Here's my shot for the day...sticking with some foreign themes above.

Nice shot. We haven't been there yet, but its on our list while we live in Germany.

• 2 weeks later...

here are some shots from savannah and hilton head from our vacation. tell me what you think! especially the more experienced shooters. i want some feedback from everyone.

Great shots! My only real input is that you need a kaesmann cpl. Especially the bridge pic and the lighthouse pic.

Great shots! My only real input is that you need a kaesmann cpl. Especially the bridge pic and the lighthouse pic.

thanks man! i'm really pushing myself to get more distinctive and deeper shots. i'm ordering my nifty fifty tonite. and i believe next week i'll be ordering a Hoya filter kit from b&h. its not quite as good and b-w but hoya filters from what ive read are still really good quality and strength. but the hoya kit come with a nd, cpl, and uv filter