NEW MFT UPDATE IS OUT!!!!

Nav seemed to be faster. I haven't tried too many addresses, though, so I don't know if it'll be more effective.

If there's a web browser there, I didn't see it.

This would be the first I've heard about a web browser. Not sure where that came from.

On the nav, I would love for one of you guys to tell me if typing in an address has been improved. Old system was so frustrating.

And one more thing, if I've read this thread accurately, nobody has received this through the mail at home, only via the dealer, correct?

Peace,

DM

The web browser was advertised as late availability when MFT first debuted but never appeared. The hope was that it would be included with the update.

I just read that the code for the web browser is in the new release but it is disabled at this time.

Oh, also, if anyone in the Atlanta area is impatient and wants it now instead of waiting, let me know. I have it here and don't mind sharing. You'll have to wait for the nav card in the mail, though.

Dingo can you take an ISO image of the flash drive and upload it to dropbox or something similar and PM me the link! That way can create my own usb drive

Edited by NWS Alpine

Ok thanks though!

If anyone has one currently please take a quick ISO image of their drive and upload it somewhere like skydrive/dropbox/sharefile/etc and PM people who are requesting it. Would be much appreciated. I don't use my nav system and would love to avoid a trip to the dealer while I wait for my USB drive to come.

I heard that the hardware for MFT includes a CPU and a separate graphics CPU - like a graphics card in desktops / laptops - has always been there. However, the graphics processor was never utilized. The main processor was doing all the MFT work AND all the nav + other graphics work. But now, with this performance upgrade, they have enabled the graphics CPU. (Why on earth it wasn't like that from day 1, I'll never know.) That in and of itself should make the entire system tons speedier.

I heard that the hardware for MFT includes a CPU and a separate graphics CPU - like a graphics card in desktops / laptops - has always been there. However, the graphics processor was never utilized. The main processor was doing all the MFT work AND all the nav + other graphics work. But now, with this performance upgrade, they have enabled the graphics CPU. (Why on earth it wasn't like that from day 1, I'll never know.) That in and of itself should make the entire system tons speedier.

Correct. You'd have to ask BSquare why it wasn't used from day one. Either they didn't know how, they didn't have time or it wasn't in the specs. Given how screwed up everything else was it's not surprising.

They didn't properly plan or didn't have developers who were capable of programming openGL. I'm sure they had to scrap plans as they were even able to get required features to even work. If they hired good developers from the start the code would have been much cleaners and proper the first time. It's always a mess fixing bad code. Easier to start fresh sometimes if you know what your doing and have the proper time.

They didn't properly plan or didn't have developers who were capable of programming openGL. I'm sure they had to scrap plans as they were even able to get required features to even work. If they hired good developers from the start the code would have been much cleaners and proper the first time. It's always a mess fixing bad code. Easier to start fresh sometimes if you know what your doing and have the proper time.

Very true. I wonder why they used Microsoft for Sync but then BSquare for MFT. Cost?

Good Day Fellow Edge Owners,

I'm new to the forum as of today but just wanted to say Thanks to all members that have been posting status updates on the new release. I've been trolling the internet for posts, articles, and videos related to the upgrade and appreciate that others are just as anxious as I am to see the upgraded MFT in action. Everything that I have read on here and seen on YouTube has been positive, so it just makes waiting for my package to arrive in the mail that much more painful. And worse, I read a moderator post on SyncMyRide.Com that packages won't even be mailed until later this week so I just might inquire about getting the dealer upgrade this weekend because the suspense is killing me.

I'll be sure to provide any updates to this thread should mine arrive or get installed sooner than everyone elses.

I seem to remember something about the update being posted for download on syncmyride.com as well as the drives/cards being mailed to us. Does that ring a bell with anyone else?

Either way, I never use my navigation, so if anyone can post an iso of the USB drive somewhere that would be fantastic.

Here's a great walkthrough video I found. Goes into a great amount of detail as the software is installed on an Edge.

The upgrades to the system, particularly Navigation and system speed and smoothness, are very exciting.

Looks pretty snappy. That same guy (on youtube) installs a wallpaper on the new MFT system. Not real thrilled with the end result, but it's a small thing.

Peace,

DM