MFT report your successful installations or problems

You can try a new APIM as c_bova mentions but to be honest they are hit and miss. Some have had luck other have not, and some had temporary relief. If your system was working without these errors before and all that changed was the software update I seriously doubt it is your APIM. I had a similar situation going from 2.8 to 2.11 and an APIM replacement didn't help. Thankfully the software rewrite has helped me but it is still far from perfect or even acceptable. I still think there is some other hardware issue or conflict that Ford knows about but doesn't quite know how to make the software work with all variations.

Is there any other manufacturer offering something similar to MFT?

Ā 

It's getting close to time to get my wife another car and there is simply no way I'm buying a Ford for her.

Ā 

I can just imagine what I'd here when she calls me with an issue and I say to her, "Now open the door and get on your knees, now look for fuse 29".

• 3 weeks later...

Ā 

(1) As reported here previously, the steering wheel controls for the station select going in the wrong direction is the only problem I have encountered so far. Sort of a funny one for them to let slip out of qualty control - not that obscure of a function.

(2) Not putting the outside temp somewhere (right next to the time maybe) is a miss in the design.

Ā 

Ā 

I'm with you and the others on the steering wheel seek direction being reversed and the temperature readout being removed from the main display. How was this missed? Or was is acknowledged and the update pushed out anyway? I'll admit that this update has improved performance in the navigation portion and the UI is better in some areas, especially with larger font. However, I am waiting for this 2.0 "public beta" version to be updated; hopefully that will be soon.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone.

Ā 

We upgraded our 2011 Edge limited by the end of last May.

It's been okay, with definitely greater Nav capability. I just hate the fact that as soon as you scale out a little, you loose a lot of details and secondary roads.

Ā 

We've had the black screen at start, followed by the diagnostic screen, a couple times, though. As mentioned previously by another person, glad we were not relying on Nav for those occasions...

Ā 

Ā 

Hi,

First post here,

I'd like to say right from the start that i'm realy enjoying our new 2013 awd Edge limited. Traded in our 2010 F-150 fx4 crew...after a few mishaps on my part, really didn't need it any more, had to sell all my toys that I hauled with it, won't be using them anymore after a couple of neck surgerys !......so, for the first time in about 20 years, after owning 1 88 mustang gt convertible ( wich got stolen in my driveway), 1 89 5.0 lx sedan, 1 93 lx sedan, and later on , a 2002 v6 escape ( what a tank....i beat that poor little truck, and it took it like a champ ) , a 2006 4.6 Explorer, and the 2010 F-150........for the first time ever, I let the wife decide on the car, so the Edge was her vehicle of choice, and I must admit I'm realy enjoying the creature comforts.

My onlly complaint so far is with the navigation system, actually, the lack of udpates. Precisely, my vehicle does have the newest update installed, but that update was obsolete before being delivered !

I use pay per use major bridge that was opened 2 years a go linking Montreal to it's north shore and when ford updated it's software, it was not even included in it. Makes using the '' travel back home'' from favorites pretty much useless whenever i'm anywhere either in Montreal or on it's south shore ........navigations makes me travel useless detour of about 28 miles.

Might seem petty complaint, but makes me wonder if that situation might be common to more parts of north america.........Montreal has a population of about 4 million.....if you forgot to include a bridge that was built 2 years a go....what else did you leave out?

• 2 weeks later...

After the MFT update, we were unable to use our early-model android smartphone (about 2 years old). After replacing it with an Apple 4GS, everything worked well until we went on vacation. The Edge sat for a couple of weeks and would not recognize the cell phone upon our return. A call to the 800 number fixed the problem. They told me that we should do soft reboots on the cell phone every 3 weeks because the bluetooth signal degenerates. We never had to do this during the 3 months in which the system worked well. I hope no one else has this problem. Customer satisfaction levels will not be good if people have to reboot their cell phones every 3 weeks. A friend who purchased a 2012 Edge will not be a repeat customer.

Ā 

My non-MFT Sync system in my Focus works pretty good. I am very satisfied with that system.

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up my 2011 Edge. Had problems with the Sirius stations disappearing plus the weather map radar wasn't there most of the time. Turns out there is a TSB 12-09-01 which should resolve the problem. This TSB puts an update to MFT and now I have the outside temp on the MyFord Touch screen "again" :) .

Plus they were able to enable my USA Edge DRL's :)

So far so good

Edited by tpm419419

for those that want the new update but don't want to go to their dealer: http://www.syncmyrid....atepackage.exe

Ā 

extract to usb drive that is at least 2GB. it wasn't available from syncmyride.com

Ā 

install is the same as 3.0.2

Ā 

new version is 3.2

"Customers with the above referenced vehicles may experience the following concerns with their MyFord

Touch / MyLincoln Touch technology. The MyFord Touch / MyLincoln Touch Software Release v3.2 will address the following conditions and provide all previous performance upgrade enhancements:

*Missing radio preset text

*Radio stays on key off after opening the door

*Voice recognition inoperative - pressing the push to talk button on the steering wheel does not initiate audio prompt "please say a command"; only Listening icon is displayed

*Sirius travel link fuel prices show as unsubscribed when it is subscribed"

Edited by c_bova

We are starting to have more issues again with our system but I think I might hold off and see what the consensus is on this update. The 2.11 update was a complete mess for us so I am a bit hesitant, but thanks for the link. I will download it and keep it handy just in case it get to the point of no return anyway.

We are starting to have more issues again with our system but I think I might hold off and see what the consensus is on this update. The 2.11 update was a complete mess for us so I am a bit hesitant, but thanks for the link. I will download it and keep it handy just in case it get to the point of no return anyway.

Ā 

Ā 

I think you will be pleased with the newest update. Version 3 is a huge improvement (coming from someone who has had all of the versions starting back in September of 2010)

I think you will be pleased with the newest update. Version 3 is a huge improvement (coming from someone who has had all of the versions starting back in September of 2010)

So far 3.02 has been much better. It started off a little shaky with a few glitches int eh first few days then was pretty solid. But recently has started to act up again doing strange things far more often. No voice commands, changing audio sources, phones intermittently connecting, staying on after key and door opened. Most of the times it seems to recover faster than previous version but still needs some stability improvements. Would love to get more functionality but I can live without that if this thing just does the simple stuff well and is stable.

2011 Ford Edge , V3.0.2 was installed a few months ago from the Ford Flash Drive that was received in the mail without any problems.

GREATLY NEEDED update , interface was made simplier , HOWEVER

Ā 

. Seems that the reboots are well hidden after the ignition is turned off

. With the radio turned off , there have been a few times that when the ignition is turned off and the door is opened , the radio comes on !! Tried to close the door , turn the ignition back on , radio control is lost , and I just leave the volume low and eventually it times out ... Maybe with a reboot.

Ā 

Removing the outside temperature for the center display is a BIG MISTAKE..... What do I need another compass display for ???? You can hardly see the temperature (gray very small font) on the drivers display !!

Ā 

What did the large 'beta tester ' group look for when they were checking the overall funtion and ergonomics ??

Ā 

Still not happy , V3.0.2 is NOT STABLE AND IS NOT PRODUCTION ACCEPTABLE YET !! :redcard:

2011 Ford Edge , V3.0.2 was installed a few months ago from the Ford Flash Drive that was received in the mail without any problems.

GREATLY NEEDED update , interface was made simplier , HOWEVER

Ā 

. Seems that the reboots are well hidden after the ignition is turned off

. With the radio turned off , there have been a few times that when the ignition is turned off and the door is opened , the radio comes on !! Tried to close the door , turn the ignition back on , radio control is lost , and I just leave the volume low and eventually it times out ... Maybe with a reboot.

Ā 

Removing the outside temperature for the center display is a BIG MISTAKE..... What do I need another compass display for ???? You can hardly see the temperature (gray very small font) on the drivers display !!

Ā 

What did the large 'beta tester ' group look for when they were checking the overall funtion and ergonomics ??

Ā 

Still not happy , V3.0.2 is NOT STABLE AND IS NOT PRODUCTION ACCEPTABLE YET !! :redcard:

Ā 

The new version was out for a couple of days but got pulled. It does put the temp back in the main screen.

After the MFT update, we were unable to use our early-model android smartphone (about 2 years old). After replacing it with an Apple 4GS, everything worked well until we went on vacation. The Edge sat for a couple of weeks and would not recognize the cell phone upon our return. A call to the 800 number fixed the problem. They told me that we should do soft reboots on the cell phone every 3 weeks because the bluetooth signal degenerates. We never had to do this during the 3 months in which the system worked well. I hope no one else has this problem. Customer satisfaction levels will not be good if people have to reboot their cell phones every 3 weeks. A friend who purchased a 2012 Edge will not be a repeat customer.

Ā 

My non-MFT Sync system in my Focus works pretty good. I am very satisfied with that system.

Ā 

I'm not sure that one is Fords fault. I've had to reboot my iPhone 4 to get the bluetooth functioning properly even when it wasn't related to my vehicle.

While I do agree it isn't unusual to say you need to reboot your phone on occasion the reasoning is BS. As far as I know there is nothing that can degrade the signal but sometimes resources can be an issue. Just like any OS a fresh boot can do wonders. Also some phones have this built in...my wifes phone had a notification saying a reboot was recommended since it had been x days since last reboot.

• 4 weeks later...

Updated to the new V3.2.2 version today.

USB Installation Directive File

; 3.2.2 (12156) Update from:

; 10308,10337,11038,11063,11081,11134

; 11339,11346,12023,12094,12131

Went smotthly and no issues though it took about 35 minutes to install. Some nice fetaure I noticed right off is the temperature is back on the main display with the clock. I was kind of sorry to see it go with the 3.02 MFT update that was mailed to me by Ford. I was not having issues to speak of so was trying to see what was fixed with this update. I did notice my texting seems to be supported for my Android Galaxy 2 Sx phone though I have not had a chance to test much (Anddoid ICS OS).Also Sirius Radio came back online without issue. Voice commands seem to be working as well.

I'll play some more and report back on other stuff but so far I did not see anything broken. More curious as to what is added. Are there relaease notes around for this version?

Has anyone else downloded the update yet?

Any feedback?

I did mine on my own and everything appears to be working fine. I've only had my 2011 Edge for a few months but loving it so far. It did confuse me a little as it directed me to install the sd card that I didn't have. Contacted Ford via email and they sent me to the dealer who quoted me $110 for a new card. Contacted Ford again, this time via chat, and they verified I have the latest updates and sd card. :hyper:

• 2 weeks later...

New Edge owner here. I just updated Sync from 3.02 to 3.22. Followed the instructions on syncmyride.com and had no problems. The update process took about 35 minutes. A couple of times it seemed stuck but I was patient and it kept working. During one of the reboots, the system appeared to be off for several minutes, but restarted on its own. All settings and radio presents were retained. The only thing I needed to do after the update was re-pair my bluetooth phone.

Ā 

Like others have reported, the temperature now displays on the main screen. Another thing I noticed, but have not seen mentioned is the date is now correct on the calendar.

We purchased our new Ford Edge in early 2012. Sirius Weather Radar Map have never worked reliably. We recently had a horrible weather system come through the Mid Atlantic Area while on the road June 29th 2012. We could not view Weather Maps. We were hoping the "Performance Upgrade" was going to resolve this issue but never did. Ford replaced the entertainment head unit in the dash board. We continued to have this issue. Before the head unit was replaced we could see Charts and Storm data but not Radar. With the replacement of the head unit we see none of the weather overlays, Radar, Storm or Charts. It's been pretty frustrating. I'm going to return our vehicle one more time for a resolution. At times we only see some of the Sirius Weather Radar Map. There is a defined cutoff of the Map Image with no Chart Data. The only way to resolve this symptom was by removing thumb drive and SD card than performing a "Master Reset". Once Master Reset was complete, we would plug in the Navigation SD Card. All of the functions of Sirius Weather would return to normal.

Ā 

I just received an update from Ford. They are aware of this specific issue. See comment from our Ford Dealer below. The battery disconnect did not resolve this issue but removing the Navigation SD card and re-installing did temporary fix the problem.

Ā 

Ā 

"Since the prior contact engineering is investigating this concern, please monitor Oasis for updates. In the interim, removing the SD card or performing a battery disconnect should temporarily resolve the concern."

Ā 

'monitoring Oasis' is watching for a Field Service Action or Technical Service Bulletin to bring in affected vehicles once Ford has a resolution, which they clearly do not have at this time. I will monitor the situation, but we are on a wait and see setting at this time. If you would like for us to attempt the reset noted by Hotline above (battery disconnect/SD card removal) for a possible temporary resolution, please feel free to stop

Ā 

Update: On September 12th 2012 Ford provided an Update Sync VersionGen2 - V3.2.2. I was successfull in performing this update. Unfortunately it did not resolved the navigation fault issue that I've been experiancing since we made our purchase earlier this year. A new update V3.5.1 update was just posted on Nov. 5th, 2012. This does come with a new Navigation SD card. No indication that this will resolve this issue.

Edited by editwiz

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I am a newbie 2011 Sport owner. I downloaded and installed V3.22 a couple of days ago and everything seemed fine... until my phone would not reconnect, I did a system reset and I swear it rolled me back to my previous version I lost the temperature being displayed by the time and my calendar date now say Apr 15. Being IT geek, I thought I would go back to the sync webpage and just download/reinstall, but because I reported a successful upgrade, that option is not available to me. The dealership says I can leave it for a day (or longer) and they will investigate. I don't suppose anyone has the install package and could email it to me? I just have a feeling that I need to reapply the update and then never reset it again ;)

Thanks in advacne for any help or suggestions

G