MFT report your successful installations or problems

You are correct in that you can’t re-install the update.

Regarding your phone not re-connecting, try deleting the phone’s pairing information from the MFT system AND within the phone – then perform the pairing operation anew.

Check your MFT system’s settings page to see if the temperature display setting is enabled, it is configurable, now.

Search this site for info. on the date problem, it has been discussed here and on the syncmyride.com forum.

There is a newer MFT update available (V3.5.1) for download, from here:

http://www.syncmyride.com/syncmedia/swparts/Gen2v351build12285updatepackageRev3.exe

The above link was copied from TSB12-11-01, which explains the MFT update.

If your car has navigation, you’ll need a new A4 navigation map card to go along with the update; otherwise your navigation will cease to work without it. Currently the A4 map card is only available from a dealer. Apparently, Ford will make the V3.5.1 update available for download from the normal syncmyride.com site beginning Dec. 10th, for those without navigation, and sometime in January 2013 for those with navigation.

We purchased our new Ford Edge in early 2012. Sirius Weather Radar Map have never worked reliably. We recently had a horrible weather system come through the Mid Atlantic Area while on the road June 29th 2012. We could not view Weather Maps. We were hoping the "Performance Upgrade" was going to resolve this issue but never did. Ford replaced the entertainment head unit in the dash board. We continued to have this issue. Before the head unit was replaced we could see Charts and Storm data but not Radar. With the replacement of the head unit we see none of the weather overlays, Radar, Storm or Charts. It's been pretty frustrating. I'm going to return our vehicle one more time for a resolution. At times we only see some of the Sirius Weather Radar Map. There is a defined cutoff of the Map Image with no Chart Data. The only way to resolve this symptom was by removing thumb drive and SD card than performing a "Master Reset". Once Master Reset was complete, we would plug in the Navigation SD Card. All of the functions of Sirius Weather would return to normal.

I just received an update from Ford. They are aware of this specific issue. See comment from our Ford Dealer below. The battery disconnect did not resolve this issue but removing the Navigation SD card and re-installing did temporary fix the problem.

"Since the prior contact engineering is investigating this concern, please monitor Oasis for updates. In the interim, removing the SD card or performing a battery disconnect should temporarily resolve the concern."

'monitoring Oasis' is watching for a Field Service Action or Technical Service Bulletin to bring in affected vehicles once Ford has a resolution, which they clearly do not have at this time. I will monitor the situation, but we are on a wait and see setting at this time. If you would like for us to attempt the reset noted by Hotline above (battery disconnect/SD card removal) for a possible temporary resolution, please feel free to stop

Update: On September 12th 2012 Ford provided an Update Sync VersionGen2 - V3.2.2. I was successfull in performing this update. Unfortunately it did not resolved the navigation fault issue that I've been experiancing since we made our purchase earlier this year. A new update V3.5.1 update was just posted on Nov. 5th, 2012. This does come with a new Navigation SD card. No indication that this will resolve this issue.

Same exact problem we have with the weather map and info on our 2013 Edge built in June of 2012. I have installed the V3.2.2 and it made no difference. I have never done a "Master Reset" or tried removing the SD card. What is the thumb drive you also mention?

I just figure that when it comes time to renew the Sirius, I will not pay extra for the weather service. I will be checking with my dealer to see if the newest update V3.5.1 which includes the A4 navigation card might make a difference.

You are correct in that you can’t re-install the update.

<snip>

Apparently, Ford will make the V3.5.1 update available for download from the normal syncmyride.com site beginning Dec. 10th, for those without navigation, and sometime in January 2013 for those with navigation.

Thanks for the reply. Something has definatly gone strange in that I do not have an option for temp under the settings and the black dotted line in the rear view camera went buh bye on me too :shrug:. Too bad that I can't just try again. I will let it be until the 10th and use syncmyride to do the latest and greatest, and if tht has problems, then I will take it to the dealer and let them figure it out.

Thanks for the reply. Something has definatly gone strange in that I do not have an option for temp under the settings and the black dotted line in the rear view camera went buh bye on me too :shrug:. Too bad that I can't just try again. I will let it be until the 10th and use syncmyride to do the latest and greatest, and if tht has problems, then I will take it to the dealer and let them figure it out.

You can download and install the new update V 3.5.1 by checking the third post of this link to the Explorer forum where they have the TSB posted. This is what the Ford service technicians use to obtain their copies right now. Paste the address from page 2 of the TSB into your web address bar and you can download and install the newest version. Remember, if you have NAVIGATION YOU MUST OBTAIN A NEW A4 CARD, otherwise your navigation will not work!

Those cards are only being given when the Ford service department does the update from what I have read. Others on that forum without nav have installed it following the TSB instructions posted and have been pleased with the results.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373708

Had update done by my dealer last week and new SD card for navi. Be sure you tell them you are having problems with sync. I told them I wanted it updated, they asked if I was having problems, said they couldn't do just update,

but would update to fix problems. So I had problems. Was also in for 1st service.

I was surprised that my dealer (who has caused me all sorts of grief in the past) called me a couple of weeks ago to advise me of a MyLincolnTouch RECALL which consisted simply of the 3.5.1 update. The invoice even has "Recall" printed on it. Thought it strange that they would want to term such a thing as a recall.

• 2 weeks later...

If it's the previous update I'd definitely install it to be ready for the newer one just out, if for nothing else than the updated maps and faster response time. I would suggest going to the dealer after updating to request the newest one just out (again, for the newer NAV card and also because the voice recognition is a little better IMO).

• 2 weeks later...
Install completed successfully. I have a few other issues (trim lifting and leaking tires) so i went to the dealer and will be bringing the car in for the repairs. They did indicate there is a recall on the nav card so apparently i will be receiving a new nav card...

In fact there is a recall, I justed had it done on Wednesday here in Canada.

If you have a 2011 Edge it is call Application Performance Upgrade 11A03 - Supplement #02

If you have a 2012 or 2013, it is call Application Performance Upgrade 12A04

Ssee it all here on the link below on the 2 PDF attached

http://allstatetrucks.com/recalls.htm

The dealer wrote on my receipt that he did 12A04 even if I have a 2011 ... doesn't really matters, it is the same upgrade ...

Make sure to mention your problem as described in the reason for recall as they mentionned : "... certain vehicule may experience ...."

Remember, if you don't have the new A4 Map SD Card, your NAV system will not work with this upgrade. Ford will provide you one for free, ask for it ... :-) ...

My wife had problems with her cell phone (Motorola Razr V3) losing connection or with bad bluetooth performance ... Seems to be OK now ... time will tell. Oh ya, temperature is back in the middle screen ... Yeah ! Also, the interaction with my Ipod Touch (4th gen) seems to be faster including the first time it is "scanning" (indexing) the database ...

Enjoy

R11A03 11 and 12 Edge and MKX and 12 Focus.pdf

R12A04 12 and 13 Models with Sync and MyFord Touch.pdf

Edited by slypx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New update installed today. Everything seems to be working good. Only previous problem I was having before this update was my iphone not pairing with Sync all the time. Now it connects right away and pretty fast. Im also glad to report that I can receive text messages threw Sync when I counldn't before. Yippie!! It deleted all my wallpapers so I will have to install them again but that's no biggie.

Check to see if your Voice Control setting is on Novice or Advanced for the Interaction Mode.

I believe the Advanced setting eliminates the voice prompt that invites the driver's spoken commands, which may be what you're describing.

Good luck!

post-23702-0-73042500-1359601368_thumb.jpg

post-23702-0-30974000-1359601393_thumb.jpg

Edited by Haz

• 1 month later...

I got the latest firmware update last week. (system had totally crashed and had a black screen for weeks). they had to replace something. I suspect the whole computer. Anyway since the update I have mixed performance.

I have No ambient lighting anymore and the system tells me that it can't do text messaging with my phone on voice commands but the texts show up on the screen.

After self-updating to SYNC V3.5.1 several months ago, I noticed the Ambient Lighting carousel of spheres was initially slow to respond to attempts to change color settings using the TOUCH Screen.

A few weeks ago, I did a Hard Reset and a Master Reset and your post reminded me that I had not turned Ambient Lighting back to ON, so I just checked it.

I'm now finding the carousel of colored sheres will not consistently rotate & adjust the Ambient Lighting color unless the parking lights or headlights are turned on.

As before, however, the actual Ambient Lighting does not turn on inside the cabin unless the auto-headlight sensor finds dark conditions -- though I tested the system by electrical taping-over that sensor atop the dash.

Attached is a TOUCH Screen photo, which shows the Ambient Lighting is turned ON, indicated by the glowing tab to the right of the power switch icon in the lower left quadrant of the TOUCH Screen.

My experience with V3.5.1 is Ambient Lighting does function when turned ON, but color-setting is a little quirky using the TOUCH Screen without parking or headlights turned on.

Good luck!

post-23702-0-11657400-1362597208_thumb.jpg

Edited by Haz

• 1 month later...