MFT report your successful installations or problems

• 1 month later...

33.5 done at the dealer,

Ā 

They had to replace the APIM, loaded update on new modual, that failed, called into Ford engineers

to guide then through the install. Took 2.5 days to complete with a schedule to return to correct the

following.

Ā 

Now I cannot load or push my contacts to MLT, also, the remote start auto climate controls

will only turn the auto-temperture on.

Ā 

The dealer tells me that I need a newer phone, and to just leave the climate controls in last settings.

This last setting does not turn on the heated or cooled seats, windshield or rear window defrost/defog option.

Ā 

Ā 

Is seem this vehicle has stumped the ford chumps so far.

Edited by CARR142

• 3 weeks later...

I own a newly purchased '09 Edge that had the factory minimum head unit. I have now replaced it with a Pioneer FH-X700BT double DIN unit. About an hour and a half. Pretty easy job and looks good too. But I have one drawback. It now seems that I have lost most of my AM reception. The old unit would pick up stations in the daytime from about 30 miles away as the crow flies with no effort at all. Now I get almost no volume and plenty of static. Can anyone tell me if I should have connected the "Blue"antenna wire in the Pioneer harness to the power antenna controller wire in the factory harness? Is there some kind of AM signal amplifier in the Edge? Any help appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like Ford is reworking the user controls for future Myford Touch installed vehicles

Ā 

Ā 

DEARBORN, Mich., June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --

• SYNCĀ® and MyFord TouchĀ® sold on nearly 80 percent of 2013 Ford vehicles, double the sales mix of infotainment systems sold with Toyota and Honda vehicles, and up from 68 percent in 2012; MyFord Touch mix of 55 percent increased from 12 percent in 2012
  • Customers with vehicles equipped with MyFord Touch have a higher rate of satisfaction with overall vehicle quality for most models compared to those that do not have the advanced infotainment system
  • Ford customers cite voice command and touch screen features as top purchase drivers much more often than competitors; Ford Escape owners prioritize them twice as much as the segment average
  • Ford improves MyFord Touch quality by more than 50 percent since launch, plans another upgrade in summer 2013

Ford SYNCĀ® voice-controlled connectivity and MyFord TouchĀ® touch screen technologies are attracting more customers and selling at a much higher rate than competitors, as MyFord Touch helps drive higher customer satisfaction with vehicle quality.

Combined, SYNC and MyFord Touch are sold on 79 percent of new 2013 Ford vehicles, double the rate of Toyota and Honda vehicle infotainment systems and up from 68 percent in 2012. This includes a MyFord Touch mix of 55 percent from 12 percent in 2012.

SYNC and MyFord Touch connectivity technologies ā€“ launched in 2007 and 2010, respectively ā€“ remain a competitive advantage as customers cite voice control and touch screens as top purchase drivers much more often than competitors. For example, 53 percent of 2013 Ford Escape owners say the touch screen is a top purchase reason compared to a 22 percent segment average.

"Ford has launched 60 new technologies the past few years and they are helping attract many new customers in important markets such as the coasts," says Raj Nair, group vice president, global product development. "SYNC and MyFord Touch are key parts of our innovation strategy, and not only bring more new customers to our brand, but help deliver higher satisfaction with overall vehicle quality."

Ford vehicles with MyFord Touch are helping improve perceptions as customers who own vehicles with the system are more satisfied with overall vehicle quality compared to those who don't have the technology. The Ford F-150 with MyFord Touch has the highest rate of quality satisfaction across the Ford lineup, at 86 percent.

F-150 blends touch screen capability with traditional buttons and knobs, a similar balance planned for future Ford vehicles.

Young buyer connections
The innovations also are attracting younger buyers. For example, the new 2014 Ford Fiesta will now offer MyFord Touch, adding to other features such as a navigation system, rear camera, leather seats and a sunroof not available in the segment.

Fiesta already is drawing a younger audience of 46 percent Gen Y and Gen X buyers, compared to Toyota and Scion's 36 percent subcompact average. Fiesta innovations are differentiating the car as SYNC is cited as an important purchase reason by 54 percent of buyers compared to a 37 percent average for Toyota's connectivity technology.

Quality progress
Ford continues to refine SYNC and MyFord Touch, including another downloadable upgrade planned for this summer. Previous upgrades already have helped improve quality responses by more than 50 percent.

"We are committed to listening to our customers and improving MyFord Touch to keep drawing in new customers and increasing satisfaction with even higher quality," says Nair.

Ford's dealership personnel and dedicated connectivity customer service line also have become competitive advantages in an era of new automotive technologies. Customers who seek dealership assistance with SYNC or MyFord Touch report a 91 percent satisfaction rate.

About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F), a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 175,000 employees and 65 plants worldwide, the company's automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit http://corporate.ford.com.

SOURCE Ford Motor Company

Wes Sherwood, 313-390-5660, wsherwoo@ford.com

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by tpm419419

• 4 weeks later...

A national law firm, Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP, has filed a proposed class action lawsuit whose presupposition is that MyFord Touch is defective. Specifically, the complaint states that the system - as well as the MyLincoln Touch and MyMercury Touch clones - often freeze, fail to respond to voice or touch commands and have issues connecting to mobile phones.

According to Hagens Berman managing partner Steve Berman, MyFord Touch is a theoretically "brilliant idea" that falls short in actual execution. Said Berman in a press release, "In reality, the system is fundamentally flawed, failing to reliably provide functionality, amounting to an inconvenience at best, and a serious safety issue at worst."

Other MFT issues enumerated within the 41-page filing include problems controlling the window defroster, rear-view camera and navigation system. The suit maintains that Ford is aware of the problem but has yet to submit a workable and acceptable solution to MFT customers. Scroll down if you'd like to read the full press release.Continue reading Preposed class-action lawsuit targets 'defective' MyFord Touch
Preposed class-action lawsuit targets 'defective' MyFord Touch originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 16 Jul 2013 15:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Permalink | Email this | Comments

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

2011 Edge SEL, Sync is having issues, sync site says its up to day...Gen2 V1.8 shows as the latest update back in august of 2010, is this the latest update for my vehicle? I have put an image on a usb and successfully transferred it to sync, have saved it as the wallpaper, but it will only show up on the first wallpaper option, will not sure on the other 2 modes, any ideas?

Edited by strike2tamu

2011 Edge SEL, Sync is having issues, sync site says its up to day...Gen2 V1.8 shows as the latest update back in august of 2010, is this the latest update for my vehicle? I have put an image on a usb and successfully transferred it to sync, have saved it as the wallpaper, but it will only show up on the first wallpaper option, will not sure on the other 2 modes, any ideas?

Ā 

Hi strike2tamu,

Ā 

Version 1.8 is the original software for MyFord Touch; there have been 10 updates and 1 upgrade since then. :) To receive the latest software (v3.6.2) you'll have to visit your dealership. As for your wallpaper, the dimensions may not be set to the correct size, make sure they are as follows:

Ā 

ā€¢ Compatible file formats are as follows: .jpg, .gif, .png, .bmp

ā€¢ Each file must be 1.5 MB or less.

ā€¢ Recommended dimensions: 799 x 378

Ā 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ā 

Rebecca

Edited by FordIVTteam

2011 Edge SEL, Sync is having issues, sync site says its up to day...Gen2 V1.8 shows as the latest update back in august of 2010, is this the latest update for my vehicle? I have put an image on a usb and successfully transferred it to sync, have saved it as the wallpaper, but it will only show up on the first wallpaper option, will not sure on the

Ā 

Ā 

Hi strike2tamu,

Ā 

Version 1.8 is the original software for MyFord Touch; there have been 10 updates and 1 upgrade since then. :) To receive the latest software (v3.6.2) you'll have to visit your dealership. As for your wallpaper, the diminsions may not be set to the correct size, make sure they are as follows:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Rebecca

Thank you for the response, this was a vehicle purchased used, not from a ford dealer, is there a charge for this update?

Ā 

Hi strike2tamu,

Ā 

Version 1.8 is the original software for MyFord Touch; there have been 10 updates and 1 upgrade since then. :) To receive the latest software (v3.6.2) you'll have to visit your dealership. As for your wallpaper, the diminsions may not be set to the correct size, make sure they are as follows:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Rebecca

Ā 

Hi Rebecca,

Ā 

I am on 3.6.2 and it is still pretty laggy (I think more than the prior release, 3.6 or 3.5). Once I click a button, it really waits a second before making the move. How much RAM does this thing have, or is it a weak processor? Is there another update coming out and when?

Ā 

PS for the future, are you guys planning to implement a better software system, such as Android or Google Maps, with tablet-like touch sensitivity rather than this painful resistive touchscreen currently?

The next version of MFT is rumored to be moving to new hardware and a new operating system but that hasn't been confirmed yet. It will be backwards compatible. The current problems are due mostly to the poorly written application software. There are some bad APIMs out there but that usually causes freezing or strange behavior not slowness.

Ā 

You're not going to get a tablet like touchscreen because the screen has to last the life of the vehicle - 10-20 years - not just 2-3 years.

• Like 1

I guess you haven't been in a Cadi & used their CUE system. It has proximity detection & comes alive as hand gets near screen. Gee didn't I post back at launch of MFT -why doesn't the Touch screen come ALIIVE at a simple Touch.- get it- my for touch...

Ā 

the map screen with CUE has a "PINCH to ZOOM " like tablet feature...IT has a nice FAST scroll up & down feature tike a tablet, I could go on about some other neat stuff but then ,,,this isn't their forum....

Ā 

2011 Edge SEL, Sync is having issues, sync site says its up to day...Gen2 V1.8 shows as the latest update back in august of 2010, is this the latest update for my vehicle? I have put an image on a usb and successfully transferred it to sync, have saved it as the wallpaper, but it will only show up on the first wallpaper option, will not sure on the

Ā 

Ā 

Hi strike2tamu,

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Rebecca

Thank you for the response, this was a vehicle purchased used, not from a ford dealer, is there a charge for this update?

Ā 

That would be up to the dealership that you decide to go to. I suggest calling a few in your area to see if they will charge you and at what cost.

Ā 

Ā 

Hi Rebecca,

Ā 

I am on 3.6.2 and it is still pretty laggy (I think more than the prior release, 3.6 or 3.5). Once I click a button, it really waits a second before making the move. How much RAM does this thing have, or is it a weak processor? Is there another update coming out and when?

Ā 

PS for the future, are you guys planning to implement a better software system, such as Android or Google Maps, with tablet-like touch sensitivity rather than this painful resistive touchscreen currently?

If you're finding your MFT to be laggy, I suggest a trip to your dealership so they can check for any issues. Here are the specs:

Ā 

Processor, Memory, and Storage -

Freescale i.MX51 SOC

Core CPU: ARM Cortex A8 @ 600 mHz

2D/3D graphics controller

512MB RAM

2GB NAND flash memory

Ā 

Unfortunately, I cannot speak to future enhancements.

Ā 

Rebecca

• 11 months later...

My wife 2011 just had the entire system shut down with a dead screen. Any direction on this would be helpful. The dealer said that the warranty on the 2011 apim or something like that was extended. Anyone have advice or been through this?

Edited by macbwt

My wife 2011 just had the entired system shut down with a dead screen. Any direction on this would be helpful. The dealer said that the warranty on the 2011 apim or something like that was extended. Anyone have advice or been through this?

Yes, the warranty on the APIM (the brains of the MFT system) was extended to 5 years (6 for Lincolns) from purchase date without any mileage restrictions.

Ā 

R12M02 Warranty Extension - APIM.pdf

• Like 1

It restarted this morning after she left it all night. Now she can not get the heat to turn down. I am sure there are other issues but she is just learning how to use the system and this failure did not help especially since English is not her first langauge.

The 2011 is now with the dealership. What started out as a 1hr deal grew into "how about a ride home and we will call you" Home two hours later and now waiting. Something about the update not going well and would be two to three hours. APIM? time will tell as if the APIM was good the update should only take about 30-40 minutes.