MFT report your successful installations or problems

Just notified by dealer the APIM failed testing. New APIM is ordered and should be at dealer next week. In the mean time going to retrieve it and drive it until the part arrives and is installed. All covered by Ford under warranty. Painless and now breathing easier. Thank you Meagan at Ford Service!!!

• Like 1

The 2011 was dropped off at 9am and returned to my wife with a new APIM and updated software at about 11:45 today. She has not called me so in my mind this a good thing. Now to see how it stands up. I want it to work, but I have a little bit of a pesimistic side. Happy wife and all that. Thank you Ford Service and to the dealer for getting the APIM replaced and updated in a short period of time.

• Like 2

Not sure what was all done to the APIM, but it is reacting faster than the old system was. The menu is the same, but slightly different. Just a few things were not quite setup the way I remembered. I did not use it that much so not sure enough to say anything was changed. The speed of reaction to touching the screen is faster though. Overall it is working great. Thank you Frank from Ford Service for the followup. Everything is good. :love_shower:

You're welcome!

The V3.7 software is primarily designed to support new features not available on model years prior to 2014 as well as features in markets outside North America. In the spirit of Globalization, we have included North American owners of 2014 MY and newer vehicles should they choose to update their system.

Rebecca

Ford probably hired three nerds who live in the land of doom and pepsi cola and call the mail slot and gun port. LOL

MS provided the operating system and the stand alone sync software. BSquare wrote the MFT app. When they screwed the pooch Ford asked Microsoft to try to fix it. The OS is moving to QNX. Not sure who is writing the sync 3 app.

Question regarding updating Sync via the website download, is there a difference between the American or Canadian update? I just downloaded Gen2v361build13171updatepackageNARev1 and I am in Canada but it downloaded of the US website

Should be fine as the downloads are VIN specific. The 3.6 update I downloaded from the same site was an Export version meant for my non-US MKX. It was minus the files for 911 assist & vehicle health report which are not supported in our region.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for long winded story.

Had a black screen of death and took it in to the local dealer. I told them to specifically test the APIM. When I picked it up they told me it was the FCIM(the trim panel with the fan and volume knobs) and it was $1400 to replace as well as the laundry list of other things they checked that need to be replace(oil change, windshield, tires,etc). Charged me with 1/2 hr labour. I knew it was wrong so took it to another dealer and they were familiar with the problem and also said it was a 2 hour procedure for diagnosis of the APIM. Anyway they came back with faulty APIM. When they replaced and I was checking it over in the lot, the nav was not there. So go back in and they look up the build, no nav listed. They then did a window sticker look up and it showed nav installed, so they took it back in and reprogrammed with nav licence. All is good so far.

The question I have is can the backup camera function be enabled just that easy as well? Would be nice to add without a lockpick.

• 6 months later...

To my dismay, I successfully installed 3.8 a little over a week ago on my 2013 Edge Limited. Previous version was 3.6.2 (?). Bottom line.... 3.8 has caused me more problems (slow system initiation, messed up media player interface, constant indexing, etc) than whatever it solved. The only good thing about it? My phone may pair up a little quicker. Worse thing about it? YOU CAN'T GO BACK! In a word, IMHO, 3.8 sucks.

To my dismay, I successfully installed 3.8 a little over a week ago on my 2013 Edge Limited. Previous version was 3.6.2 (?). Bottom line.... 3.8 has caused me more problems (slow system initiation, messed up media player interface, constant indexing, etc) than whatever it solved. The only good thing about it? My phone may pair up a little quicker. Worse thing about it? YOU CAN'T GO BACK! In a word, IMHO, 3.8 sucks.

Version 3.8 has been working fine for most people. Your issue is not normal. I suggest you try a Master Reset & battery pull. If you still face the same issues, then it probably is a hardware issue. APIM replacement might be required, which is covered by the extended warranty.

• 2 weeks later...