MFT report your successful installations or problems

Ever since installed V3.8, I have been plagued with slow MFT initiation and lost of index and file synchronization with my media player. Extremely annoyed, frustrated, and disappointed with this update.

Ditto same problems since the update. Would a Master reset from the menu suffice or do i need to pull the battery cable?

Thanks, did the master reset on my lunch break and on the drive home it was flaky. I disconnected the battery later this evening for a few mins. Will see how it does but i'm not particularly hopeful.

Issues persist, constant media indexing...and now when i'm in a source OTHER than BT and i initiate a Siri command...it plays over MFT which is fine, but then the source changes and stays on BT.

Issues persist, constant media indexing...and now when i'm in a source OTHER than BT and i initiate a Siri command...it plays over MFT which is fine, but then the source changes and stays on BT.

Same thing here. Started out working great than went downhill. I did a master reset as well but didn't help. Let me know if battery disconnect helps.

When I did the master reset all of my preset radio stations were still there, just had to repair phone and change door unlock options back to all doors

Hi sabasigh & tpm419419,

Did you recently update your iPhone to iOS 9.2? The recent Apple update has caused a change to how Siri Eyes Free works over Bluetooth. We're currently working with Apple on a resolution. There hasn't been a change to functionality if using the feature via USB.

Plugging in a device could cause Autoplay to start playing your media. If you don’t want that to happen, use one of the following methods to adjust that setting in your vehicle.
Steps via Voice Command:
1. Press Voice command button on the steering wheel.
2. Give voice command AUTOPLAY OFF.
Steps via the MFT/MLT Menu:
1. Select the Settings GEAR icon.
2. Select SETTINGS.
3. Select MEDIA PLAYER.
4. Set Autoplay to OFF.
Shaay
Edited by FordIVTteam
  • Like 1

And I'm guessing a battery disconnect won't help either

Hi tpm419419,

Our most recent update in October added the Siri Eyes Free feature. Unfortunately, Apple doesn't warn or give us access to their updates before they're launched. I'm unable to speculate, but our team is actively working with them on a resolution.

Shaay

I appreciate the response. I was a Charter member of MyFord Touch with my second a Edge which was a 2011, leased in August or September 2010. I don't have to tell you how far it's come. Thinking about the 2016 Edge in May but first need to see Sync 3 in action plus see if Ford will add Apple Car Play

I'm expecting a huge improvement

I appreciate the response. I was a Charter member of MyFord Touch with my second a Edge which was a 2011, leased in August or September 2010. I don't have to tell you how far it's come. Thinking about the 2016 Edge in May but first need to see Sync 3 in action plus see if Ford will add Apple Car Play

I'm expecting a huge improvement

tpm419419,

You're welcome! If you have any other SYNC questions, don't be shy.

Shaay

• 2 weeks later...

Constant media indexing of the SD card makes it useless for commands. Every time i get in the car start it up and switch to SD...index is lost. This has been a nagging issues on various versions...really no excuse this function shouldn't work without these types of issues.

Another update

IOS 9.3.beta 2 has been released to developers today ( not public developers ) and is said to resolve broken Siri issue. General release of 9.3 is due in March.

I will have the public beta version within days and let you know if in fact it resolves Siri Eyes

http://www.ios9betadownload.net/2015/02/solve-problems-with-broken-siri-in-ios.html

Edited by tpm419419

• 1 month later...

No it's the bluetooth connection. On the old version if I drove the wife's Escape it would auto-connect to her phone in the house, then disconnect when I got a few hundred feet away and it would not connect to my phone. With 3.8 it will connect to my phone after a few minutes.

Edited by akirby
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello All!

After registering to Fordowner.com, I've downloaded the 3.8 update, followed the instruction and proceeded to install the software (everything went fine).

However, at the end of the installation, a note was saying that SYNC Gen2 - V3.7 was sucessfully installed.

How come? How can I check which version is installed?