MFT report your successful installations or problems

3.02 now installed and I still have my Edge :). I dont have push start so keys had to be in the car and its the only time i have to do it with all the things i have to do during day-time.

Whoops. just goes to show how much I know about the Edge, I thought they were wall push starts, my bad. Glad you still have it and it went well ;-)

Performance upgrade took 45 minutes only problem found was within the calendar. Shows date of July 2, 2031. Can only change date back to 2030, SYNC told me that they are aware of the problem.

Wasn't this a problem with the old version too? I though I read the fix was to disconnect the battery for 30 mins, reconnect with line of sight to the sky and it will sync up with the satellites?

M.

Upgrade completed this evening. Took about 40-45 minutes. No glitches. Loaded Nav favorites - typing response definitely quicker. Paired my phone. No problems so far but never really had any before. I know my kids will be bummed that the temp is not on the big screen.

My kit SDNav showed up today. Looks better but had some issues loading in my favorites.

When I'd input a favorite I had issues with the voice commands not registering the street number. It just wouldn't take for the life of me (i really think my mic is hosed) I finally had to resort to the on screen keyboard.

I also couldn't add a space for the Name of the favorite and had to resort to using an underscore. (JOE'S_WORK vs. JOE'S WORK). Also had to back out and let it save the entry before make any changes to the entry whatsoever. So if I wanted to add a phone number I would have to back out let it save the inital creation of the favorite, then go back in and add a number, back out to save... then back in to change the icon, etc etc..Not major issue, just weird and not very intuitive. I'd rather make all the changes at once and let it save than do it this way.

• Like 1

My kit SDNav showed up today. Looks better but had some issues loading in my favorites.

When I'd input a favorite I had issues with the voice commands not registering the street number. It just wouldn't take for the life of me (i really think my mic is hosed) I finally had to resort to the on screen keyboard.

I also couldn't add a space for the Name of the favorite and had to resort to using an underscore. (JOE'S_WORK vs. JOE'S WORK). Also had to back out and let it save the entry before make any changes to the entry whatsoever. So if I wanted to add a phone number I would have to back out let it save the inital creation of the favorite, then go back in and add a number, back out to save... then back in to change the icon, etc etc..Not major issue, just weird and not very intuitive. I'd rather make all the changes at once and let it save than do it this way.

I had the same experience entering addresses. Sync would not accept street address (number) no matter how many times I said it and how carefully. Also same problem with space bar grayed out except that it was usuable on about half of my names when I went back to edit, but lately not at all. I have a 2011 Explorer, hope you don't mind me butting in.

I had the same experience entering addresses. Sync would not accept street address (number) no matter how many times I said it and how carefully. Also same problem with space bar grayed out except that it was usuable on about half of my names when I went back to edit, but lately not at all. I have a 2011 Explorer, hope you don't mind me butting in.

I have no problems with address numbers. REMEMBER, when you have a number to enter (example 245), you cannot say two hundred fourty five, you have to say two four five. Give it a shot.

Joe

Edited by JOEHIO

Well just got to play with the update some at lunch and I am not impressed. They still have button tags over running the space, sometimes FM frequency is displayed in huge numbers other times not at all. For some reason they thought it was a good idea to make the RBDS info really small and radio frequency huge...go figure would much prefer the other way around. Tried to use BT streaming and it is useless. Only once did I ever get any options to allow me to browse the music and even then it indicated nothing was there but continued to play. No messages indicating indexing or anything. Then when I switched back to FM the phones player remains on but paused. Voice recognition is ready to listen much quicker but is still terrible at recognizing what you want. Not sure I like that when the navigation has a route you lose some space at the top of the screen for the next instruction, would prefer this to be on the side only. On a good note it seems as if the phone noise is decreased a bit and nav positioning seems pretty damn close. Just hope they have fixed the causes of the crashes and they can fix these other things later.

Well just got to play with the update some at lunch and I am not impressed. They still have button tags over running the space, sometimes FM frequency is displayed in huge numbers other times not at all. For some reason they thought it was a good idea to make the RBDS info really small and radio frequency huge...go figure would much prefer the other way around. Tried to use BT streaming and it is useless. Only once did I ever get any options to allow me to browse the music and even then it indicated nothing was there but continued to play. No messages indicating indexing or anything. Then when I switched back to FM the phones player remains on but paused. Voice recognition is ready to listen much quicker but is still terrible at recognizing what you want. Not sure I like that when the navigation has a route you lose some space at the top of the screen for the next instruction, would prefer this to be on the side only. On a good note it seems as if the phone noise is decreased a bit and nav positioning seems pretty damn close. Just hope they have fixed the causes of the crashes and they can fix these other things later.

You may have a bad microphone if your phone is noisy and you have trouble with voice commands.

Well the wife claims the call clarity is better though not perfect, honestly I would have to have her call me so I really know. But she did claim that the background noise was pretty much non existent. I'll play with voice recognition some more on the way home. Does anyone know if they fixed the issue when you ask it to call someone and it randomly picks one of the numbers associated with that person?

Has anyone seen the other issues I mentioned above? Still don't know how I got the browse feature once for BT audio but I guess it doesn't matter since it didn't work anyway. Also never got any meta data transferred, just a blank screen with gigantic buttons. Also noticed the button sizing was somewhat schizofrenic. Most are huge as if they think we are legally blind or have sausage fingers then some like the back buttons are half my finger tip size.

I went through some of the same issues last Friday when trying to enter some favorites; problems entering Favorites via the keyboard or voice. The Sync lady cancelled a session on me because she kept giving me the wrong info. The entire time I'm setting up the Favorites I'm thinking of the Discovery commericals, "Hello, my name is Peggy".

The Nav portion needs a bit of GUI work.

Got my USB stick and map SD card in the post yesterday and installed it on the way home from work tonight, 50 minutes and successful. Not sure what version I had to start but it was the original Edge 2012 install. I hadn't updated the version as it had been fine, but reading the posts here saying how much more responsive the upgrade was I couldn't resist installing it.

Wow the drive home left me severely dissapointed with Ford and this "update." Not more than 20 minutes into the the ride the system locked, then I had a black screen for a few minutes then it rebooted. This sucks. Can't even say I am impressed with anything else in the system either. Seems like they slapped this together and it lacks any sort of polish to the GUI. Not only do they seem to display the wrong (at least in my opinion) items in large font and the stuff I want in small font, they can't make up their mind on what fonts to use. To me that is GUI 101. For instance the font size on the top two quadrants is larger than the bottom two tabs. Also noticed the cluster displays still randomly chooses which sources you can select with the wheel controls. I always have AM/FM, CD and Sirius. Sometimes I get AV input and BT but never get USB or SD. The first time I select BT it says it is connecting to phone but does nothing. The next time you try it starts playing but I have no control over what it plays and no artist/song info is displayed. Also confirmed that even after you shut the car off completely it still doesn't close the player on the phone. Also confirmed that the FM frequency display dissapears if I go to BT and back. But if I go to AM and back to FM it returns. Also noticed that the nav position seems to vary from being a little less accurate than my portable units to being 50 feet off. Not sure why. I had noticed on the old software we would get random indications there was no GPS signal so maybe these were areas where the signal was marginal. But if that is the case either the antenna has to be bad or the system is horrible since we have no tall buildings and there are no leaves on the trees yet. I have a hard time believing none of these things were noticed in the beta testing. I still can't understand why the rewrite took this long, I have been the PM on several big jobs that included validated software systems with data logging and 21CFR Part 11 compliance with a lot less resources and it was done quicker. Just way beyond disillusioned with Ford right now.

We have his and hers 2011 Edge SEL models and I installed the update on both today. Both took 45 minutes and both were sucessful. Blackberry Bolds paired nicely and both ipods indexed and built voice commands properly. Like the new look do not like the outside temp missing from the main screen. They had the room so I don't get that. Now if the memory leak issue is fixed so I don't have to pull fuse 29 every 4 months I will be very happy. Yes, I noticed everything is a bit quicker on the 3.02 upgrade. So far so good................................

Hmmmmmmmmm. Got my package from Ford today... Now, what to do with 2 nav SD cards...

Are you offering to share your extra sd card? I have a dilema after contacting ford and finding out i will not receive a nav sd card because the dealer was supposed to pre-install it and all the dealers i have contactined including where i bought it tells me that ford co. will be sending it through the mail even if i insist that they will not. I signed and purchased my edge the same day the update was anounced and copies were released to ford dealerships.

The dealers and ford co. are contradicting each other and it's too much of a hastle as it is finding a resolution just to get a nav sd card from them.

Best,

jRE

those of you having problems putting in your address, just out of curiosity did you shut off your car and let it shut down get farther than 3 feet from your car and then come back and restart and try to enter info. I tried right after the install and had a problem putting in my home address. I shut off the car got out etc got back in and everything worked great. I did this Saturday and use it every day have had zero problems since the initial. I use it roughly 5 times a day including the nav.

Lets here everyone with the successful installations or problems mine took about 45 mins and couldn't be happier with the new system

Recieved the upgrade package in the mail yesterday. It took about an hour to install. System seems much better, but its only been one day. Most screens look much better with less clutter. Phone connects more quickly. One thing I noticed on the map, its that the colored lines for traffic are thinner than before which makes it harder to read. I also wish they would make the temp and clock on right instrument cluster screen easier to read. The font is small and the grey color doesn't have enough contrast. Clock on the center screen is much easier to read.

jRE, sorry, but I gave it back to ford this afternoon.

That"s ok. I just hope they get their act straight on my situation before my 16-hour road trip to Yellowstone in three weeks. If anyone here have an extra 3.02 nav sd card i'd be glad to have it and pay for shipping. ;)

Got the upgrade dealer-installed a couple of weeks ago. Its not perfect as stated by many, but for sure a huge improvement over where mine was with version 2.11.

Is anyone using the dimming off-set setting? I like my screen as dark as possible at night. About 50% of time the off-set is not applied when the lights turn on. I had the same issue in the previous versions.

Is there anyone here who has access to OASIS to check if my Ecoboost Edge has an FSA that equires an IDS tool re-flash prior to 3.02 upgrade? Ford will not be sending me the update because they say a dealer has to do it and they can't seem to tel me why. I will pm my VIN if needed. Thanks.

Is there anyone here who has access to OASIS to check if my Ecoboost Edge has an FSA that equires an IDS tool re-flash prior to 3.02 upgrade? Ford will not be sending me the update because they say a dealer has to do it and they can't seem to tel me why. I will pm my VIN if needed. Thanks.

PM Rob (FordGuru). Ford did state that some early build Explorers and Edges would need a dealer visit but that shouldn't apply to a 2012 model. Let us know what you find out.

Wow the drive home left me severely dissapointed with Ford and this "update." Not more than 20 minutes into the the ride the system locked, then I had a black screen for a few minutes then it rebooted. This sucks. Can't even say I am impressed with anything else in the system either. Seems like they slapped this together and it lacks any sort of polish to the GUI. Not only do they seem to display the wrong (at least in my opinion) items in large font and the stuff I want in small font, they can't make up their mind on what fonts to use. To me that is GUI 101. For instance the font size on the top two quadrants is larger than the bottom two tabs. Also noticed the cluster displays still randomly chooses which sources you can select with the wheel controls. I always have AM/FM, CD and Sirius. Sometimes I get AV input and BT but never get USB or SD. The first time I select BT it says it is connecting to phone but does nothing. The next time you try it starts playing but I have no control over what it plays and no artist/song info is displayed. Also confirmed that even after you shut the car off completely it still doesn't close the player on the phone. Also confirmed that the FM frequency display dissapears if I go to BT and back. But if I go to AM and back to FM it returns. Also noticed that the nav position seems to vary from being a little less accurate than my portable units to being 50 feet off. Not sure why. I had noticed on the old software we would get random indications there was no GPS signal so maybe these were areas where the signal was marginal. But if that is the case either the antenna has to be bad or the system is horrible since we have no tall buildings and there are no leaves on the trees yet. I have a hard time believing none of these things were noticed in the beta testing. I still can't understand why the rewrite took this long, I have been the PM on several big jobs that included validated software systems with data logging and 21CFR Part 11 compliance with a lot less resources and it was done quicker. Just way beyond disillusioned with Ford right now.

Have you tried disconnecting the negative battery cable to reset everything after the upgrade? If not then do that and also unpair/reboot/repair your phone just to get everything to a clean state. If you continue to have these problems then I am convinced you have a flaky APIM and you need to get the dealer to replace it. One person reported that they not only had a bad APIM but also got a faulty replacement the first time around. They cannot use the "wait for the software" excuse any longer.