MFT report your successful installations or problems

BTW - you should expect a new release that will address a lot of the known bugs with this version. Not sure when but I would expect it within 2-3 months. When you have something this big you must freeze the code at some point in order to finish the testing. Some known bugs will not yet be fixed and there will be bugs found during testing but you don't have enough time to put those into the release without delaying it even longer. So you have to put a stake in the ground and let it go.

Meanwhile the development team has probably been working on these known bugs for at least 2 or 3 months which is why I expect a maintenance release shortly.

Focus owners seem to be having far more problems and as a result they've created a bug tracker website. I don't think it will really help much because I think Ford already knows about these bugs and are already working to fix them, but here it is:

http://bugs.outofmytouch.com/projects/mft/issues?set_filter=1&tracker_id=1

Have you tried disconnecting the negative battery cable to reset everything after the upgrade? If not then do that and also unpair/reboot/repair your phone just to get everything to a clean state. If you continue to have these problems then I am convinced you have a flaky APIM and you need to get the dealer to replace it. One person reported that they not only had a bad APIM but also got a faulty replacement the first time around. They cannot use the "wait for the software" excuse any longer.

No honestly I didn't have the time. This isn't my DD so I am usually only in it on weekends. But I will give it a shot but honestly from past experience this did nothing to help. Just so disappointed that I didn't even get 30 minutes of run time before it crashed. I too agree there has to be something else wrong but I honestly have no faith in Ford right now.

Also saw your post after this and agree you do need to make a decision at some point to release and patch later, but am disappointed that the beta testing should have been done early January which left about two months to clear some things up. And in all honesty many of these things I mentioned are easy fixes to the screens. This wouldn't take much time at all and would have provided a much more polished look.

Also saw your post after this and agree you do need to make a decision at some point to release and patch later, but am disappointed that the beta testing should have been done early January which left about two months to clear some things up. And in all honesty many of these things I mentioned are easy fixes to the screens. This wouldn't take much time at all and would have provided a much more polished look.

They were doing beta testing in January. I don't know why some of these things weren't fixed already - I can only assume they had bigger issues with stability and functionality that needed to be fixed first.

Installed since Saturday...

(1) As reported here previously, the steering wheel controls for the station select going in the wrong direction is the only problem I have encountered so far. Sort of a funny one for them to let slip out of qualty control - not that obscure of a function.

(2) Not putting the outside temp somewhere (right next to the time maybe) is a miss in the design.

Everything else seems OK. I was not having extensive issues before though. The one I did have (the steering wheel station controls not working a few minutes into a drive and then starting to work again 30 secs later) seems to have been fixed. Although I would take that over them going in the wrong direction.

PM Rob (FordGuru). Ford did state that some early build Explorers and Edges would need a dealer visit but that shouldn't apply to a 2012 model. Let us know what you find out.

Our early model 2011 is one of these. Have an appointment scheduled for tomorrow. I called and the rep said "something in the dash may need to be replaced during the process with certain early model units" during the upgrade. As long as they have a nav card (verified after a torturous call explaining ours would not be mailed out) and the update works it's all good. Hopefully this is a one time shot and I'll be able to use syncmyride.com going forward as I did previously. Having to go to the dealer to perform future updates would suck.

Also saw your post after this and agree you do need to make a decision at some point to release and patch later, but am disappointed that the beta testing should have been done early January which left about two months to clear some things up.

What makes you think things weren't cleared up? Ford's been testing this software in vehicles since November and I can assure you there were LOTS of things that were cleared up. But as akirby said, at some point you have to cut and run.

Can someone with the new NAV update tell me if the maps are updated or just the GUI? I just got a new 2012 SEL and was very disappointed to discover roads that are several years old were not on the map. I have not received any updates in the mail yet.

The maps are updated...how much I couldn't say but there are definitely roads on this version I didn't have before.

What makes you think things weren't cleared up? Ford's been testing this software in vehicles since November and I can assure you there were LOTS of things that were cleared up. But as akirby said, at some point you have to cut and run.

Didn't say they didn't fix something, just saying that some things are basic and honestly should never have been there to begin with. Also I would have hoped to have gotten more than 20 minutes before the first crash and that I wouldn't have noticed so many bugs in the 30 minutes I had to play with the system. Now if it were just me having issues I would be all for saying it is something in my system but it seems (as Akirby posted) that many are having issues. Just seems like this rewrite was poorly executed again.

I don't know, I got my nav card from the dealer today and the system still thinks my home address is down the street and around the corner.

Mine has always done that too but thought maybe they did it on purpose since it has only been that far off on the home address. But I do know for sure a street that was added in my town about 2 years ago is now on the map. So they have updated data to some degree...how much is unknown.

Installed yesterday all went well.

35minutes to install.

The TDI is working now

So far cannot add numbers to phone book.

Message on screen, "no phone book available".

I can add phone numbers to quick dial from call history.

Cannot add phone numbers to 911 assist.

Did your phonebook error issue ever resolve? I have same issue . See my posts http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=28&nav=messages&webtag=fordsyncmb&tid=5067

Same user name drpepper I have received a program from ford to put on usb to record log files. They are now being analyzed. LG phone.

PM Rob (FordGuru). Ford did state that some early build Explorers and Edges would need a dealer visit but that shouldn't apply to a 2012 model. Let us know what you find out.

My dealer called me this morning that they have my sd A3 nav after i had to convince ford to call them to say it's their responsibility. I picked it up and pluged it in and everything works since i did the 3.02 myself.

I just wondered why at first the dealer insisted I wait for it in the mail and ford says they will not send it to me and it's a dealer install. The only logic i can think of is either there is a re-flash issue with my Edge, or it's because i signed the papers on March 4 (it was on a sunday @ 730pm). Ford anounced the update on March 5. Maybe Ford only mail's out mft updates to all MFT equipped cars that sold before the public anouncement and my car was considered as one of those to be sold on the dealer lot that were suposed to be pre-updated.

I would still like my VIN checked on OASIS just to be sure. I will PM Rob. Thanks.

First bug. My traffic on my maps is no longer there. I no longer have the green lines next to roads for traffic. Maybe a travel link hiccup? Weather and stuff still works

After the update I have no traffic also. Is there a setting somewhere? According to the car my subscription is current and everything else works (Movies, gas stations, etc)

Got my package toay. Will install this weekend. If new SD chip not included, how long does it take to arrive? Should I just wait for it? We're OK with current system. Thanks

do you have navigation? if so the new SD card should have come, if not you should call Ford, but only if you have navigation.

my traffic was slow to show up this morning but it finally did. it was definitely easier to see on the old map but i think they didn't want to take away from the map as much this time.

Ill see if mine shows up today. It was working fine after the update...and just disappeared yesterday.

So far a week into my 2013 Edge. The factory installed the new update. I don't have navigation on this vehicle. So far MFT is working fine, except I will get a "no disk found" error

message for some reason. I never pressed the CD button and pressed the am or fm button.

Edited by jak508

My 2¢

Recv'd my package Tue (2 days ago). Just performed the update. Exactly 45 mins, no problems. Deleted orig Sync device from my phone's bluetooth settings during update. Re-paired afterward easily and fast. Download of phonebook was very fast. Process of adding quick dials was very responsive. I have nav, but have not looked at it yet.

All in all, I like the new layout. I had my dog's pic as current wallpaper. Now that's my 4-corner home screen background. Nice. Updated syncmyride easily with no probs. So far, so good.

Cannot wait to see if / how it handles the new iPad. Will tackle that later today. When I used my iPod Touch (4gen) with ~24GB music, it took forever to index. Same 24GB is on new iPad. Wonder if indexing will be any better with both devices having new software. The new iPad is overall much faster than the iPod Touch.

Just to let everbody know, I have been waiting for my update thru the mail, have not received, so called Ford. Ford said I would not be receiving the update thru the mail, have to go to dealership and have them install. Don't know why, maybe I will find out Tuesday when I take it to dealer.

2012 Ford Edge Limited with MFT and Nav.

UPDATE: JUST RECEIVED BIG BLUE ENVELOPE IN MAIL, INSTALLING NOW. Shows what Ford knows!

Install went smooth about 45 min.

Edited by mtbalser

on the drive to work today (about 45 minutes in total) my traffic still never showed up.

I refuse to do any fuse pulling with this new update. Everything else works perfectly (weather, sports, fuel prices) just no traffic lines anymore.

Maybe I can try a sirius refresh signal. I did notice a couple days ago i randomly got a "subscription updated" message on my radio, and after that is when my traffic stopped showing up.

The info screen says I am subscribed to everything still.......hmmm

I have been trying out the new update. Most of my phone contacts including their home and business adress show up on MFT. Clicking on individual contacts show buttons in the middle showing the contacts phone number and another button showing contact's address. On the right side of the screen there are a few buttons including set as destination but i can't seem to select the button showing contacts adress so that i can click on set as destination. The contacts phone number is pre-highlighted and will not change and when and selecting set as destination it just says wrong address info or something since its a phone number.

Anyone can verify this with their MFT with nav?