MFT report your successful installations or problems

So I posted earlier about how I was on MFT ver 2.11 and had no real issues. Got the update yesterday, finally bit the bullet and installed this morning with much trepidation. Left the car running in the driveway, followed the simple instructions, came back after about 45 minutes to a message saying "Installation Failure....either not enough memory or software not compatible with this version". So I pressed "OK"...however, the update seemed to have worked as my screens are all updated, I was able to re-sync my phone, and everything seems to be working, including Nav. Here is what syncmyride says about the install:

Confirmed Installations

SYNC Version

Gen2 - V3.0.2

BT4T-14D546-AM

BT4T-14D546-AP

SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F496-AP

BT4T-14F496-AS

SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F497-AM

BT4T-14F497-AP

SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F500-BE

BT4T-14F603-AM

BT4T-14F603-AP

Has anyone else had this happen? Can anyone tell me what, if anything, did not actually get installed that I might be missing? Thanks.

As I recall.....There was a necessary "OK" about 2/3 of way thru download.

Edited by RJG

Anybody in the NNJ area have a fully functional MFT that might be able to meet up one day? I see lots of posts where people find the system is running smooth and working well and I am just wondering if I am expecting more if mine really does suck. Hoping to play around with it this weekend and see if USB drives work again as well as play with the BT audio and see if there is some setting on the phone I need to change.

Yeah, glad to meet up, I'll send you a PM.

Joe

Just received the update and nav card. Took exactly 40 minutes to install. No installation problems at all.

One issue I was hoping would be fixed was that not all of my album covers are displayed correctly. Unfortunately it didn't fix that issue. It's a minor annoyance, but it doesn't seem that complicated. I did check the settings to make sure it was using my media as a preference for album covers over gracenote. What happens with mine is that some of them show up with a cover divided into 4 squares, with a different "mini-cover" in each of them. It appears to select 4 random covers from my music and places it as the cover. Very weird. I guess I'll have to go through all the problem albums and maybe delete the picture it is using and try another one.

Haven't had time to use it too much. Seems alright. Some things they took away I wish they would have left alone. But everything seems to be working in general. I'll probably know more as I drive it some next week.

After a successful install of the update I have noticed what is either a bug or have some corrupt files and wanted to check with others to see if they have seen the bug. When I switch inputs on the entertainment system from FM radio to either the usb, Bluetooth or sd card then later switch back to FM radio, the radio station channel is missing. It comes back if I switch to AM then back to FM, or when the car is restarted. Just wanted to see if anyone else has seen this?

Also address inputs are still slow, you need to wait about a second between each key press for the system to catch up with its predictions. I was hopping thiswould have improved with the update.

I have the same issue with the frequency display dissapearing and yes returns in the same way. Out of curiosity do you use BT audio streaming? If so do you have to select it twice to get it to play? Can you browse the phones music or get the meta data to display? Mine doesn't. Also when you stop the playback through the MFT does the phones music player still stay active but paused? Wondering if we have the same corrupted/missing file. Thinking back to my crash it was when I was messing with BT.

Another successful performance upgrade!

Prior to installing the upgrade, I deleted my phone's info. and performed a system reboot (using the USB reboot method).

After the upgrade, re-pairing my phone was effortless.

I've been using the upgrade several days now and I'm enjoying the improvements that come with the upgrade.

- Fast MFT startup and a reliable, prompt shutdown.

- Consistent response time when requesting the voice prompt.

- The voice recognition seems to be much more reliable. In the past, I've avoided using the voice commands as it was frequently a frustrating process.

- The LARGER text.

- Wallpaper on the home screen - a nice touch.

- Simplified displays. The overall presentation seems more refined.

- Navigation's overall operation is smoother, faster and looks better.

chanka98:

I had the same thing happen to me when I upgraded and called Ford and had a tech guy talk me through it.

He had me do a master system reset then do a display of the system information.

He said that based on the system information, the upgrade was successful.

Just the old erroneous error message. <G>

You should be fine.

I drove around a bit today after my installation, and here's what I found.

As others have noted, the missing temp on the display was a major error IMO.

The entertainment tab labeled "Entertainment" was also an error. I already know it's the entertainment tab. It's red. It's in the lower left quadrant. I don't need to be told what you've already told me. The current playing song should have been left there.

Unfortunately my iPod experience is even worse with the upgrade. Before, I had some issues with maybe 25% of the album cover art being wrong. Now I have problems with more cover art and track titles being wrong. I was really hoping they would fix the iPod stuff. Unfortunately it's worse (and I used Sync My iTunes). I'm not sure why it's so difficult to just show the track name and album cover as it is in iTunes. This definitely should have been fixed, and am perplexed how they could have made it worse.

There still is a delay when requesting a song and then it playing. I would say "play song whatever", and the voice would respond "playing song whatever". Then 5-10 seconds before it would start playing. Sometimes it still wouldn't recognize what I said, and I'd have to say it again. I think the voice recognition is a bit better, but still needs work.

I think the rest of the changes are okay. The interface seems cleaned up a bit, which is nice. They did unnecessarily remove some useful information as stated before. But because they still can't even show a track title and album cover correctly for a standard iPod (which really should be simple in this day and age), I'm really not impressed with this upgrade. I use my iPod all the time in my car, so I'm very disappointed that the errors I had weren't fixed and made even worse. Perhaps I should just hit the master reset and have it reindex my iPod again.

I got my USB HDD connected today and noticed that quite often there is no cover art either. But since the field is blank I am wondering if it is a file size issue since nothing shows and Gracenotes should be set as secondary. I thought a found another bug but haven't been able to get it to do it again; while playing music and going through the settings, I had backed up slightly and then put it in drive. Well the back up camera image never went away but wasn't live. So the background to ever screen was the old image. After a couple restarts it wwent away but very strange.

Now I have problems with more cover art and track titles being wrong. I was really hoping they would fix the iPod stuff. I'm not sure why it's so difficult to just show the track name and album cover as it is in iTunes....Perhaps I should just hit the master reset and have it reindex my iPod again.

I've never seen the cover art issues, but some of my track titles from my iPod were messed up after the upgrade. I reset my iPod, synced it to iTunes and then connected it again to the Edge. That seems to have solved it.

FWIW,

DM

Edited by Davom97

Unfortunately for me it is a USB HDD so there is no syncing but I will keep playing with it.

Discovered something strange...if anyone is using a USB HDD can you confirm if you drive is now write protected? I brought the drive in to check album art and add some playlists but found the drive to be write protected. This drive never was before, not even sure how to do this with an external enclosure. Let me know if anyone else sees this too.

Edited by wlepse

I've never seen the cover art issues, but some of my track titles from my iPod were messed up after the upgrade. I reset my iPod, synced it to iTunes and then connected it again to the Edge. That seems to have solved it.

FWIW,

DM

I reset my ipod to factory settings, and then re-synced. The albums I was having problems with now show the correct cover. However, I haven't played with it enough yet to see if there are any other track or album cover issues. I'm hopeful that fixed it.

chanka98:

I had the same thing happen to me when I upgraded and called Ford and had a tech guy talk me through it.

He had me do a master system reset then do a display of the system information.

He said that based on the system information, the upgrade was successful.

Just the old erroneous error message. <G>

You should be fine.

Thanks FPJim.....I actually found another post that mentioned the master reset with a re-install. I went ahead and did that although, at first it looked like an epic fail as when I put the USB back in, it started to install file 1/3 but then the Ford logo came up and the screen went black. I took the USB out, turned off the car, turned it back on and waited for the screen to come back up (which THANKFULLY it did!). Then I re-inserted the USB, waited while it installed the remaining files and I finally got the Installation OK prompt. I ran another vehicle healt report thinking the Sync update would show additional files installed but it didn't. However, since I did get the installation OK prompt, and everything seems to be working, I feel more comfortable that the install was indeed successful. Thanks!

No go for me this weekend. The upgrade quit almost as soon as it started, error message put up about three different reason why it might have quit. Bad CRC, corrupt file or something else. I guess I will be calling the dealer to get them to try it later this week.

Did you do a master reset first? Try it again with a master reset. If it still doesn't work try downloading it from syncmyride.com. Might save you a trip to the dealer.

I did mine yesterday. I sat watching the screen and the book they sent. Partway through I got a menu screen that was not in the book. I waited awhile and it did nothing so I started over and it went fine. Everything seems to work fine. I did not note the album art on my ipod, I will check for that. I did notice that the volume bars on the screen are very small now. I did have trouble reporting the install online. Kept telling me that no data was on the stick. Tried it on my other computer and same thing. However, I went back into syncmyride.com and the update was there, so hopefully they got it.

Okay, so apparently the system has been adding the favorites when i put them in. Even though, the screen stays on the input screen with no mention of the "favorite" nav point being added. They are not showing up in the "by Name" sorting method for favorites (they litterally appear blank, complete with the "add" button and are inaccessible). However, when you sort by "Date" they show up (displaying the address and normal information). Flipping back to the "By name" sorting method they disapear again.

Another problem that I have noticed is navigation to a point and the estimated time of arrival. Previously, the system would make a guesstimate of arrival time taking into account traffic that the system knows about (and is also displayed on the map). Now, the system displays the map and shows traffic congestion (red/yellow). However, it shows the ETA for the destination for a 20-mile trip in traffic which I make almost every day as only taking 20 minutes instead of the 45 minutes the old version would usually estimate. Every time since the update this has been the case. The minute lasting forever and only counting down as the miles do. I guess this is better than the system showing me a negative time to destination which it would do previously though sometimes when it was having issues.

Anyone else have these issues?

To say the least, I am really dissapointed. $45k vehicle and the primary reason I purchased the vehicle was the electronics package and it didn't work worth a darn and the supposed fix is... well as stated previously is still dissapointing.

After installing the update and new nav SD card I spent a half hour loading most of my favorites. Next time I get the car they are ALL gone. This will be the 4th time in 10 months I've had to reenter them because of updates and fails. It also won't save favorites when sending to my car from google maps or calling sync services. Also can't enter a favorite as new or more words (e.g. John Smith must be entered as one word - JohnSmith). Its at the dealer now. First they called to ask "which favorites I was referring to" even though I specified it was the navigation when I dropped it off. Then they call to say it was ready. I asked what the fixed and they said nothing. So I question ALL the things I mentioned when I dropped it off and they are looking at it again.

Did you do a master reset first? Try it again with a master reset. If it still doesn't work try downloading it from syncmyride.com. Might save you a trip to the dealer.

That worked, thanks. Master reset and the update finished without any glitches.

I'm disappointed in the four quadrant screen. It seems like they added some stability at the cost of usability. The nav quadrant now just shows the compass and doesn't list the current street like it used to. My favorites for Sirius radio got saved, witch is good, but now the artist and song don't show up in the entertainment quadrant like they used to. You have to be in the entertainment screen to see it. When you adjust the fan speed, the fan settings used to show up on the climate tab, but now you don't get any feedback for the fan speed unless you are on the climate screen. The sounds that play as you change the fan speed are now greatly muted and you can hardly even hear them.

I think lots of folks have complained about the outside temperature being removed from the clock display at the top.

I got really used to having all that information on the four quadrant screen. Now it seems a lot less useful. I really don't want to have to drill down to the full screens when I'm driving to get the information that I used to get before the upgrade.