MFT report your successful installations or problems

I finally got the update to take. I pulled fuse 29 and got back to the blank update screen (same one I got when I pulled the battery) I re-downloaded the update from the syncmyride site to a new flash drive and the update took about 45 min to complete.

So far I'm very happy with the look and responsiveness of the interface. The Bluetooth audio quality is much much better on phone calls. People can finally hear me and are reporting that I don't sound like in a wind tunnel anymore.

Just need my SD Card for the Navi and I'll be set.

Cheers!

I took my car in to fix problems with the Collision Avoidance system. I accidently touched an icy snowbank last week knocking the sensor loose. The dealship fixed the problem but more importantly, upgraded MFT plus installed the new Nav SD card.

The system's fast including voice response. Push a button and you'll receive a response. While driving the Nav's arrow kept up with my location. I can't say the older Nav ever worked so well. I entered a couple of Nav Favorites finding the process less frustrating. My probelm, on the old Nav when entering an address you never quite know if you're done until the screen changes. I still see the same types of GUI in the new system. I do know it's dififcult to design a GUI everyone will like.

I did see a few minor issues:

• no battery indicator for cell
  • a few screens overlapped a bit when moving between Nav prompts
  • set up my Wallpaper. I saw menu prompts moved form their expected locations.
  • Wallpaper's a dim background now with overlayed menu choices. I actually liked the previous version better.
  • Weather maps I didn't see any updated time. No big deal, but always checked the update time because my previous version failed to update in a timely manner.
  • When doing a voice prompt, Map and the Map displays the cutting off the Sync lady. I hope she's not upset! :fear:

[i've only used the new system about 30 minutes, but it's a lot better than our previous version. I expect a few minor bugs; it's the nature of the software usiness. Happy we received the update.

OH yeah, I forgot. I paired my iPhone and called a friend of mine. We chatted for a moment and I noticed a BIG improvement on voice quality on my end. My friend said I sound fine and he's outdoors on a headset. I could hardly tell he's outdoors.

I hope you receive your new updates soon.

Edited by rwolson

They're lying. They just don't want to have to tell new car customers to wait because you got one. They are supposed to give you one and then file a claim with Ford for a replacement.

Thats what i thought, but I really don't feel like arguing with them. I'll just wait to get one in the mail. I just hope it doesn't take too long

well I thought they fixed this crap, but this morning when I started my car my music wouldn't work and I couldn't access the entertainment screen. Not until I got to work turned the car off then back on did it start working again.

a restart button would make this system 10x more useable.

Edited by c_bova

The most annoying problem I have had with the system, on both old and the new versions, is that it randomly changes the audio input source when I get into the vehicle. I never ever ever want to listen to AM, FM or Sirius radio, just the iPod or my phone. I wish there was a way to keep it from switching to the radio options so I would not get loud unexpected blasts of static at random times.

I can relate!

Random audio source is still a issue for me.

I really wished they can remove (or at least rearrange) the buttons for audio sources that aren't in use...ie No CD in player? Don't display the button. Not subscribed to Sirius? Give me the option to disable it!

I really don't like having to go to screen 2 to get to my primary audio source...BT

I just got a letter that says I have to make an appointment at my dealer to get this done (early 2011 Sport) (which matches what it said on the syncmyride site). !!??! WTF??! Are they replacing hardware too or just decided to stop mailing usb drives and nav cards? If I make an appointment, waste half a day them am told my nav won't work until the new card comes in the mail I'm going postal.

I just got a letter that says I have to make an appointment at my dealer to get this done (early 2011 Sport) (which matches what it said on the syncmyride site). !!??! WTF??! Are they replacing hardware too or just decided to stop mailing usb drives and nav cards? If I make an appointment, waste half a day them am told my nav won't work until the new card comes in the mail I'm going postal.

Some early build 2011 Explorers and Edges require dealer installation - not sure why. But they're not just "deciding to stop mailing usb drives".

Pretty sure they will give you a loaner car. Make your appointment around that

I took my car in to fix problems with the Collision Avoidance system. I accidently touched an icy snowbank last week knocking the sensor loose. The dealship fixed the problem but more importantly, upgraded MFT plus installed the new Nav SD card.

The system's fast including voice response. Push a button and you'll receive a response. While driving the Nav's arrow kept up with my location. I can't say the older Nav ever worked so well. I entered a couple of Nav Favorites finding the process less frustrating. My probelm, on the old Nav when entering an address you never quite know if you're done until the screen changes. I still see the same types of GUI in the new system. I do know it's dififcult to design a GUI everyone will like.

I did see a few minor issues:

• no battery indicator for cell
  • a few screens overlapped a bit when moving between Nav prompts
  • set up my Wallpaper. I saw menu prompts moved form their expected locations.
  • Wallpaper's a dim background now with overlayed menu choices. I actually liked the previous version better.
  • Weather maps I didn't see any updated time. No big deal, but always checked the update time because my previous version failed to update in a timely manner.
  • When doing a voice prompt, Map and the Map displays the cutting off the Sync lady. I hope she's not upset! :fear:

[i've only used the new system about 30 minutes, but it's a lot better than our previous version. I expect a few minor bugs; it's the nature of the software usiness. Happy we received the update.

OH yeah, I forgot. I paired my iPhone and called a friend of mine. We chatted for a moment and I noticed a BIG improvement on voice quality on my end. My friend said I sound fine and he's outdoors on a headset. I could hardly tell he's outdoors.

I hope you receive your new updates soon.

Just a quick update re: the cell phone battery icon; it appears on the home page along with current street you're traveling plus heated seats button. So far, so good. I'm connecting one of my iPod's Friday for a test because I'm heading to Maine. Also, testing Nav. Reminds me, I need to add more Favorites.