Remote Start Troubles

Hello All, I've been a member of the forums since I bought my edge in 2007 but haven't posted much. While I love my Edge I have an issue recently come up that maybe someone on here has experienced. The remote starter suddently stopped working. I press button, the horn beeps (as it always did) then after 3 seconds the horn beeps 6 times and the car never starts. this just started happening within the past 2 weeks but i've had the starter installed for over a year now. Any one have this issue before?

Thanks!

07carbonsel+

:)

Hello All, I've been a member of the forums since I bought my edge in 2007 but haven't posted much. While I love my Edge I have an issue recently come up that maybe someone on here has experienced. The remote starter suddently stopped working. I press button, the horn beeps (as it always did) then after 3 seconds the horn beeps 6 times and the car never starts. this just started happening within the past 2 weeks but i've had the starter installed for over a year now. Any one have this issue before?

Thanks!

07carbonsel+

:)

I have an 09 LTD AWD, and I was having trouble with the starter in the start as well. My problem was that the dealership, did not by pass the alwam. If you check the manual for the starter, the 6 beeps means something. After referring to the book, if you do not find a solution you are going to have to go to the dealership.

I have an 09 LTD AWD, and I was having trouble with the starter in the start as well. My problem was that the dealership, did not by pass the alwam. If you check the manual for the starter, the 6 beeps means something. After referring to the book, if you do not find a solution you are going to have to go to the dealership.

Thanks for the feedback. usually i'm good about reading the manuals and in this case i didn't even open the book :banghead: . The 6 beeps means the system is in service mode. To remove from service mode I had to turn the key to on and press the remote start 3 times. The vehicle beeps and then you remove key. Remote start works again... yippee!