Can Brake Booster cause Master Cylinder to go bad?

Hey everyone,

I have a 2011 Ford Edge, and like a lot of you, had the hissing sound from my brake booster back in the early part of 2014, and got my brake booster replaced in late May under warranty. It has never really been "right" since then, though it has been better, and I took it in 2 months ago for an oil change and mentioned it, and the service guy looked at it and they recommended I replace my brakes.

In the last few days, I have had to push the brakes to the FLOOR to get the vehicle to stop, and now they are telling me I have to replace the master cylinder ($478.00 + flush the brake system for another $109.00) and I am ticked off.

I asked the service guy if the issues with the brake booster could cause the master cylinder to become defective and need replacing, and he said NO. I am curious if this is true???

I feel like I am getting hosed, and should not have to pay for this, or at worst not all of it.

Welcome your feedback.

Thanks