I have a 2014 Edge Sport AWD 3.7 with 130k miles and just had the RDU's ATC replaced by a local stealership a couple months back after hearing sudden bad popping from the rear end when rolling. They said the ATC was bad and installed a new unit but never reported back on the condition of the RDU or the fluid condition even though I had replaced the fluid approx. 30k earlier. Now I hear mild whining from the rear end when driving after replacing the fluid again recently, and found some minor metal on the drain plug in the process. Now I think we need to look into replacing the whole RDU, and everywhere I look I can't seem to find a new replacement or a reasonable remanufactured one.
Does anyone have an idea where I can find a new unit to replace this one with, or a quality rebuilt one?.....I really don't want to go with any bone-yard replacement as I don't want to go through all the work to replace it with someone else's lack of maintenance.