Crappy Gas Milage & Black TailPipes

ponder3

Except Ford strictly limits towing with Edge and ecoboost.

How so? LOL, the towing capacity on the F-150 eCoBoost has the same towing capacity as the F-150's biggest motor, the 6.2L. I would say they highly tout the towing capability by not only telling consumers this, but advertising the towing options and availability of the eCoBoost motor.

How so? LOL, the towing capacity on the F-150 eCoBoost has the same towing capacity as the F-150's biggest motor, the 6.2L. I would say they highly tout the towing capability by not only telling consumers this, but advertising the towing options and availability of the eCoBoost motor.

I can't speak on the F150 but the Edge and Edge Ecoboost do not have the same towing capability. The rated towing capacity of the 2.0 L (Ecoboost) Edge is 1,500 pounds. The rated towing capacity of the 3.5 Edge is 3,500 pounds. I don't know if it is specifically due to the engine difference, the transmission difference, a combination of the two, or something else but it is a pretty significant difference.