Need opinions ASAP please :(

edgemama

hey guys, I need your opinions. I got the rims I talked about in the wheels and lowering thread I started. If you saw the thread you know that there are two wheels that are damaged but all of the wheels look like shit on the back of them. Here are pix:

IMG_0663.JPG

IMG_0664.JPG

IMG_0666.JPG

IMG_0667.JPG

my question is, are they supposed to look like that. i know it's on the back and the fronts of the wheels are fine, but i'm not sure they're supposed to look like that. any help as soon as possible would be great.

Edited by edgemama

tough to tell from your pics but based on the location it is likely from installing/dismounting the tires from the rim. They often use a special pry bar to get the bead over the rims edge. If you are concerned about it just mention it to your installer and have them check it out. I don't see any gouges or exposed belts that would concern me.

Oh man...my original comment is a bit off. From the pics I thought I was looking at the inside of a tire dismounted from the rim and thought those marks were from them installing/removing the tire. As for the rim finish being beat up a little I wouldn't worry about it unless it really bothers you. If so you can always try something like plastidip which would be cheap and easy to try...and reversible or if you want it done professionally you can get someone to powder coat them for you.

the guy i sent the pictures to at carid says the back of the wheels look like this because the back of the wheel isn't finished like the front of the wheel is. it's in such a spot though that when I put them on you won't see it at all. so i'm not gonna make a big fuss. unless it starts chipping pain inside the barrel. thanks for the input :)