DVD headrest install question

I just got a 2013 SEl Edge and am considering installing aftermarket DVD headrests myself via the cig lighter outlet so really my only concern is how to go about removing the back of the seats to get the cable ran down through the posts. Is there a video out there somewhere ford edge specific so i can see how to take the back of the seat off to get the cable ran through the seat? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Edited by Dean Caudle

• 1 month later...

I'm in the same situation as the OP, I have a portable dvd set that I'd love to permanently hide the wires, I just want a little confirmation before I start pulling on the back of the seat panel and break all the clips.

I just pull on the bottom of the panel, outwards until it unclips, and then slide down?

Update: It really is that easy. On the bottom of the back panel, there is two screw-looking fasteners that just pop out, and the back panel slides downwards. You can't mess it up. I hid the power wires to my portable headrest players there, so it's easier to install them on a whim. Permanent headrest DVD would be the better option, but I can't in good conscious waste money when my portable works so well.

Edited by Elotrain
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, I solved my problem without removing the back of the seat. I purchased some Pex tubing at Home Depot that was 3/8" od and just under 1/4" ID and, after removing the factory headrests, pushed the tubing down through the headrest guides and was able after just a couple of attempts to get the tube to exit out the bottom corners of the seat back after pulling out the small cloth tabs. I did have to pay attention to the natural curvature of the tubing and be sure to have the tubing curved toward the outside. This worked surprisingly easly.

After getting the tubing in I ran a light rope (heavy string) through the tube and then removed the tube. Did this for both sides and when ready to install the headrest DVD I securely taped the wires coming out of the DVD posts to my string and gently pulled and pushed the wires until they came out the bottom of the seatback.

Worked for me.

• Like 1