Krown Rust Protection

Bundit

First of all I would like to say hello to everyone on the forum since I'm new here and this is my first post.

I did some searching on discussion about Krown on this forum, but most of them are about whether it's effective or worth the money. My question is somewhat different.

I recently bought 2011 Ford Edge. The previous owner took good care of it but didn't applied any rust protection. Being in Nova Scotia, Canada I just want something for a peace of mind.I have my mind on Krown because of the good feedback from many people on this and other forums. I have read that someone have problems with their seals and rubber parts after applying Krown. Does Ford Edge have this problem with Krown? Could any owners that applied Krown share their first hand experience?

Also for owners in Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia, any Krown dealers you would recommend?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Krown has been an excellent product for me. I live north off Toronto and deal with a lot of salt. I have a 2001 f350 and have sprayed it every year since new. 2 downsides. 1. After a few years of oil and dirt, entire engine bay and underneath black. Can't touch this thing without getting covered. 2. Over time all rubber components that have been sprayed have swelled. This is a fact of life with oil spray. Having said that, if you apply silicone spray on the door and hatchback seals before the application it will help prevent the oil from penetrating the rubber. (Krown is supposed to do it, but jury's still out). I bought a used 2011 sport in mint condition ( but never sprayed) and after a lot of humming and hawing, I decided to do it because despite the down sides, the product does work and doing nothing makes me feel guilty. Especially because I really like the car.