New Edge owner

TJF

Welcome to life on the Edge. My wife and I love ours too.

All we did was pair up our phones and that is it. Pretty much plug n go.

A few notes - ours does NOT like "Call Parents at Home" ; it gets cornfused at the Parents part - so we changed the phone book entry to Family and it works.

Sound quality is not excellent - but is very good for hands free.

Speak as normally as you can - but dont slurr your speech. The slower I talked, the more cornfused SYNC got.

Definitely learn while parked - it can be a large distraction learning everything.

All in all, i think M$ did a good job this time - in my experience. It knows T.a.T.u (using the punctuation) and it knows odd titles like Zooropa - and it pronounces them very closely.

For reference: my phone is a non supported LG 8600 (but is almost identical to the supported LG 8500 - Chocolate). My MP3 player is the iRiver Clix Gen 2.

Good luck and have fun playing.

Solas

Thanks! All is going well now. We have a small issue with SYNC and my wife's phone - verizon Envy dLG9900. It does not recognize names, but when we say dial, it follows nicely. I trief "syncmyride" and it appears that it may be a firmware issue.

We have the AWD light blue Limited- really nice! BAMR, although living in northeast(outside Philadelphia) weather not condusive to open roof!

I expect to take it on a bit of a trip next weekend, looking forward to driving it.

Thanks for hints.

Tim