Ford Edge 2020 AWD and popup campers

Hi, i am looking for information about weight distribution bars for hauling popup campers. I have a 19' camper (2011 Palomino M-6149) which weight (dry) 2700lb and 303lb on the tongue. I expect to load it up to 3500lb. I have bought a Ford Edge 2020 TI AWD SEL (Which has 3500lb tow capacity) and strangly it come with a class II hitch with a 2" receiver. (Normally a standard class II hitch is 1" 1/4) From what i am reading on the net, normally weight distribution bars is only supported/needed for class III hitch. Is that true? What is the reason for weight distribution bars to only be supported for class III hitch? It is because of the receiver? I asked Ford about if i could use weight distribution bars on the class 2 hitch and they basically said yes. The reason i need them is because my camper hitch weight is 303lb, having 2 propane gaz tank with a battery will definitivly bring it easily to 400 if not more. So basically if i understand correctly, weight distribution bars rated for 400-600lb should compensate for it.

I am missing something? Should i worry?

Thanks!