Oil Leak

LFJ2025

Has anyone else had oil leak problems? I've read about problems with the PTU but my oil leak is from the engine. The first dealer tried twice to fix it but failed. My MKX is now at another dealer who now has a call into Ford. I only have 4,400 miles and it is 7 months old. I'll find out tomorrow when it'll be repaired. Overall I've been happy with the MKX but now I'm very disappointed.

Update: still do not know were oil is coming from. Dealer has removed transmission, now looking at rear seal. I have not had a car in the shop for more than one day at a time since 1978, this will be 4 days or more.

Update Dealer has determined oil coming from rear seal. :happy feet: I can only hope that it's happy motoring from now on.

Edited by LFJ2025

• 4 months later...
Has anyone else had oil leak problems? I've read about problems with the PTU but my oil leak is from the engine. The first dealer tried twice to fix it but failed. My MKX is now at another dealer who now has a call into Ford. I only have 4,400 miles and it is 7 months old. I'll find out tomorrow when it'll be repaired. Overall I've been happy with the MKX but now I'm very disappointed.

Update: still do not know were oil is coming from. Dealer has removed transmission, now looking at rear seal. I have not had a car in the shop for more than one day at a time since 1978, this will be 4 days or more.

Update Dealer has determined oil coming from rear seal. :happy feet: I can only hope that it's happy motoring from now on.

Yes I had the same problem. My edge had an oil drip and it was the rear main seal. Complete moter disasembly. The edge has been in 4 times for work. I just took it un last week for another leak. It was tranny fluid , something not put back together and it leaked in the same spot where the motor joins the tranny. I only had 7000 miles on it, with the first leak. I have about 14,000 on it now. Nothing likre buying a new ride and having it torn apart. I still love the car, just hoping for no more problems.