Remote Start and Programmable Key

forbes

I have a 2008 MKX that I purchased used. I can program the memory seats to the buttons on the door but I am able to link key #1 with the door button or key #2 with the door button. Took the car to the dealer and they figured out that I have an after market remote start installed on the car. To start the engine, you press lock, unlock then lock on the keypad. The car starts shortly and the doors are locked. Pressing the unlock on the keypad opens the door. The dealer said that the aftermarket remote starter is blocking the functions of the keypad link to the memory seats.

Two questions:

1. What is the location of the remote starter so I can see if it is a Ford product or an aftermarket unit from someone else.

2. Is there a way to program the key to the memory seat?

I have a 2008 MKX that I purchased used. I can program the memory seats to the buttons on the door but I am able to link key #1 with the door button or key #2 with the door button. Took the car to the dealer and they figured out that I have an after market remote start installed on the car. To start the engine, you press lock, unlock then lock on the keypad. The car starts shortly and the doors are locked. Pressing the unlock on the keypad opens the door. The dealer said that the aftermarket remote starter is blocking the functions of the keypad link to the memory seats.

Two questions:

1. What is the location of the remote starter so I can see if it is a Ford product or an aftermarket unit from someone else.

2. Is there a way to program the key to the memory seat?

I found the unit under the dash. It is an Audiovox AS9076. Has nothing to do with the memory seats.

So, Key ' A ' will program to either memory one or two on the door. Key 'B' will do neither. Stealership says it is the remote start module.

BTW: Stealer also said "you bought it used did't you, so we don't care.