Transmission slipping

Samperrae

Hi, we own a 07 Edge and have really enjoyed it thus far. Only one problem we have experienced three different times, and no one can tell us what it is. The first time we had an issue was around 34,000 miles and the wrench light came on while were driving aprox. 40 miles per hour. Once the light came on there was little to no acceleration when gas was applied. We pulled over and turned the car off and restarted it and everything was fine. It was taken to the dealer and we were told there was nothing wrong with it. This happened again at 53,000 and same thing, dealer has no answer for us and can't replicate the situation. And finally it happened again last night at about 54,000. My husband says it is shifting hard and has delays in shifting. Basically erratic shifting problems. I am so frustrated because each time we take it in its $100.00 for them to tell us they can't find a problem but clearly there is one.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Sometimes when the wrench light comes on it wont store a code. There will be a code but its only an active code. Once you turn off the car, there is a possibility there will not be one stored. I suggest to take it in when the light is on at least to read and record the code. If they still cant find anything, call Ford customer support and see if they can get the process moving. This should be a last resort though due to it making the dealer look bad. But I think it will really help them if you bring it in with the wrench light on.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, we own a 07 Edge and have really enjoyed it thus far. Only one problem we have experienced three different times, and no one can tell us what it is. The first time we had an issue was around 34,000 miles and the wrench light came on while were driving aprox. 40 miles per hour. Once the light came on there was little to no acceleration when gas was applied. We pulled over and turned the car off and restarted it and everything was fine. It was taken to the dealer and we were told there was nothing wrong with it. This happened again at 53,000 and same thing, dealer has no answer for us and can't replicate the situation. And finally it happened again last night at about 54,000. My husband says it is shifting hard and has delays in shifting. Basically erratic shifting problems. I am so frustrated because each time we take it in its $100.00 for them to tell us they can't find a problem but clearly there is one.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I have an 2008 MKX and didn't like shifting , Went to dealer they reprogramed tranny as per a recent TSB