vibration

I have a 2007 Edge that we recently purchased with 31,000 miles. The initial test drive we did not notice the vibration but after we purchased it we felt the vibration at 52-60 miles per hour. Wheels have been balanced twice, passenger rear rim has been replaced, new tire on the rear right, all four tires and rims swapped with an other Edge, and the drive shaft removed to the rear all to eliminate the vibration. Nothing has worked. We actually feel the vibration has gotten worse. Reading the forum I question if the axle bearings could be going out. A friend who is a mechanic thought even the transmission could be the problem. 2 years on the drive line warranty left.

My experience would support the bad wheel bearing. I replaced a front wheel bearing at about 30K and thought there is no way that another one could be go out on the same vehicle. Yet the right rear did go out. The only real way to test for that is with the car on a lift and running. I have diagnosed bad wheel bearings in the past, but could not pin it down on the Edge even with the rear on jackstands and the brake pads pushed back. Just could not feel enough "roughness" when spinning the wheel to confirm. Yet that is what it was. If you have done a forum search, you have seen the relevant TSB. If that is actually what your problem is, make sure they also replace the trailing arm along with the wheel bearing. Otherwise, you'll be doing this again and it likely won't be under warranty.