2009 Ford Navigation Radio

I purchased a 2009 Ford Navigation radio off Ebay that came out of a 2009 Ford Escape part # 9L8T18K931AG. I hooked up the radio in my 2008 Ford Edge everything seems to work, the gps, sirius radio, phones that I had on the original radio show up in this unit. The only thing I don't understand is why when the radio fist turns on the splash screen shows the Mazda logo and the vehicle must have been a hybrid because one screen shows items for a hybrid vehicle. One other problem is when the radio plays for about 10-15 minutes it will freeze up, none of the buttons will work and you have to unplug the radio and wait for it to shut itself down completely roughly about 10 minutes you can plug it in again and it will work. I am wondering if the radio was reprogrammed it would work right. But the Mazda logo has me stumped. Did Ford make the same radios for Mazda.

post-4593-004712500 1278005970_thumb.jpg

post-4593-061043700 1278005986_thumb.jpg

post-4593-030917700 1278006006_thumb.jpg

Edited by er65nsunny

I purchased a 2009 Ford Navigation radio off Ebay that came out of a 2009 Ford Escape part # 9L8T18K931AG. I hooked up the radio in my 2008 Ford Edge everything seems to work, the gps, sirius radio, phones that I had on the original radio show up in this unit. The only thing I don't understand is why when the radio fist turns on the splash screen shows the Mazda logo and the vehicle must have been a hybrid because one screen shows items for a hybrid vehicle. One other problem is when the radio plays for about 10-15 minutes it will freeze up, none of the buttons will work and you have to unplug the radio and wait for it to shut itself down completely roughly about 10 minutes you can plug it in again and it will work. I am wondering if the radio was reprogrammed it would work right. But the Mazda logo has me stumped. Did Ford make the same radios for Mazda.

'

I'm not sure if the Escape radio is 100% compatible with the Edge as far as pin-outs and harnesses but I'm sure you did your homework before you purchased. As for the Mazda logo, it more than likely came from a Mazda Tribute which is a near exact twin to the Ford Escape. I was not aware they offered a Tribute Hybrid but then again I am not sure. Sorry I can't be of more help but some internet searching should fill you in. As for the reprogramming, check in my topics. I went through a learning experience putting a factory MKX nav unit in our MKX that wasn't originally equipped with one. Has worked fine for several months now, no problems at all. I did end up having to send it off to get reprogrammed for our specific vehicle.

Edited by klc317