THE NEW MFT

As an employee of Ford I was given an opportunity to try the new MFT systems. Let me start off by saying everybody will be VERY pleased. The new systems is unbelievably faster, the voice system is instant, they changed the climate features for the dual zone there is no more swinging, The new navigation system is great with its new updates and 3D mapping. The font is now bigger and easier to read, The new release date they say which could change is now end of March into April. I was very pleased myself with how they changed the system and you will be to. I know they keep changing the dates but believe me it is worth the wait.

Thanks for the update Exodus!, I'm just curious as to what bugs they have worked out of the new system since they've re-programmed it. It was announced and demoed back in November, so I'm assuming Ford has been doing extensive tests and bug fixes since then. Any insight? I really hope they hit this one out of the park.

Thanks for the update Exodus!, I'm just curious as to what bugs they have worked out of the new system since they've re-programmed it. It was announced and demoed back in November, so I'm assuming Ford has been doing extensive tests and bug fixes since then. Any insight? I really hope they hit this one out of the park.

There were a few bugs in the system which is why the kept pushing it back. They do not want it released unless all the bugs are out of it. The systems that I played with didn't have any faults it worked flawlessly

Man I hope this is true. Our system is terrible right now. Was hoping I would see the update a little early but I guess not. Just hope it is worth the wait.

If it's really just another month and all the major problems are fixed then I think it will be fine. OTOH if it gets delayed much longer and/or they don't really get all the problems fixed then it will be an even bigger fiasco than it already is - especially considering it will affect the 2013 models as well as the current ones.

Man I hope this is true. Our system is terrible right now. Was hoping I would see the update a little early but I guess not. Just hope it is worth the wait.

I don't remember - did you try pulling the negative battery cable to reset all of the MFT/sync systems or have you only been pulling fuse 29?

I don't remember - did you try pulling the negative battery cable to reset all of the MFT/sync systems or have you only been pulling fuse 29?

Yeah...have basically tried everything. Sometimes I get days out of a reset, sometimes the next start up it dies. Since nothing had been particularly successful I haven't bothered doing proactive resets. I know Dingo has been using the reboot app each time he gets out but I just haven't seen it make much of a difference to be bothered. At this point all we do with the MFT is change radio stations. We were asked to remove the phone pairings and recently the USB drive stopped being recognized...so it is just basic Ford functionality now.

But back to the new software....I am really hoping it works well. I am also hoping that the recent posts by Ford employees here and other places are a sign that it will be out soon and will work well.

Were you testing on 2013 model year hardware or 2011 model year hardware. Is there a difference?

As an employee of Ford I was given an opportunity to try the new MFT systems. Let me start off by saying everybody will be VERY pleased. The new systems is unbelievably faster, the voice system is instant, they changed the climate features for the dual zone there is no more swinging, The new navigation system is great with its new updates and 3D mapping. The font is now bigger and easier to read, The new release date they say which could change is now end of March into April. I was very pleased myself with how they changed the system and you will be to. I know they keep changing the dates but believe me it is worth the wait.