Feedback on remote lock

pitabread55

On all the other vehicles I've owned when I locked the doors remotely (from the key fob thingy) the headlights flashed or the horn chirped. Something to tell you that you really locked the doors. Unless I'm totally missing it the Edge does nothing. Is there any way to enable this type of remote lock feedback?

TIA

On all the other vehicles I've owned when I locked the doors remotely (from the key fob thingy) the headlights flashed or the horn chirped. Something to tell you that you really locked the doors. Unless I'm totally missing it the Edge does nothing. Is there any way to enable this type of remote lock feedback?

TIA

On mine, when using the key gob, first "lock" - you can hear the doors lock. Second "lock" - the horn honks.

Lights blink on both instances.

TIA

Mine also Honks when pushing lock twice,

Check the settings in the menu on the dash display, I think thats were it is.

Locking the doors

1. Press and release to lock all the doors. The turn lamps will flash.

2. Press and release again within five seconds to confirm that all the

doors are closed. Note: The doors will lock again, the horn will chirp and

the turn lamps will flash once if all the doors and liftgate are closed.

Note: If any door or the liftgate is not closed, the horn will chirp twice

and the lamps will not flash.

I'm going to start hiding all my valuables in the owner's manual. Nobody EVER looks in there.

OK, I have to try this again in daylight tomorrow. In my dark garage I can see that the turn signals do flash. In daylight (parking lot at work) I have not been able to see them do it. I may have been looking at the brake lites, not the turn signals.

Yes, I knew that it chirped on the 2nd click. I don't really want to do the second click/lock, I was just interested if it could be changed to chirp on the 1st click/lock.

Thanks guys

On mine, when using the key gob, first "lock" - you can hear the doors lock. Second "lock" - the horn honks.

Lights blink on both instances.

Hey!! My key gob (the halloween one) does the same thing...

Isnt that T!ts!

*winks and ducks*

hehehehehehe

Edited by npggirl

OK, I have to try this again in daylight tomorrow. In my dark garage I can see that the turn signals do flash. In daylight (parking lot at work) I have not been able to see them do it. I may have been looking at the brake lites, not the turn signals.

Yes, I knew that it chirped on the 2nd click. I don't really want to do the second click/lock, I was just interested if it could be changed to chirp on the 1st click/lock.

Thanks guys

I want to make sure I understand. The locks "lock" on the first press on your key gob (and the lights flash). The second press of the key gob repeats the process and flashes the lights.

You want the horn to honk on the first press on your key gob instead of the second.

Just curious...what does it matter? First or second press? The Edge locks both times.

Edited by Good_Hands