2013's Brazil Ford Edge Limited

Flavors

Hi,

first of all, sorry for my bad english, I'll try to write the best I can.

I've bought a 2013 Ford Edge 3.5 AWD Limited.

Here, in Brazil, we had only 3 versions from past model: 3.5 SEL, 3.5 FWD Limited and 3.5 AWD Limited as a top version.

I'm new in Ford cars, but I always want to have one. I think we don't have too much good cars here, gasoline is expensive and government taxes (property's tax and others) is about 5% at year cust for owner (my car is priced about US$25.000, meaning $1300/year only by owner tax). Then, people just like to buy 1.0 liter motors (maximum 105 cv power).

I'l convert the car to flex gasoline/GNV (natural gas). The performance (engine power) reduces about 5% but the custs drops 50% (we have an awfull gasoline by US$1,3/l and this car runs 5km/l with our gasoline, instead, our GNV is US$0,7/m3 and the car runs 8km/m3). That is, I would spend US$78 in gasoline against US$27 in GNV for running 300km (about 200 miles). I know you are thinking is not to much money, but please remember, I'm in Brazil, minimum wage here is US$300/month.

The maintenance for imported cars is awfull too. As an Edge came from Canada, not is simple to find parts at Braziliam's Ford autorized dealers.

Despite what has been site, I'll try to keep this car for years (until I can buy a new one).

It's only 40k miles, I'm looking for Service manuals and web sites that sells parts to Bazil.

I started to seek here and I'll thanks to anyone that can helps me.

Thank you for your support.

Strong hugs,

Cleber

Welcome, and congratulations! Please post photos of your Edge when/as possible :) Also please document the CNG/GNV conversion of your Edge, more details the better!

Change out all the fluids as soon as possible, and keep suspension bushings lubricated. This should help longevity of your Edge.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W
  • Like 1