Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

The official Ford authorized Ford Edge Registry is now live. More here!

Photo
- - - - -

Sunroof rail clips broken -- Questions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   WetpantsMcGee

WetpantsMcGee

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Edge's Year:2012

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:31 PM

Hi guys!

First post on the forum, I apologize in advance if this has been discussed before but I don't have the time to dig through the archives.

So to get straight to it, the sunroof in my 2012 Edge SEL has recently broken.  My wife was closing the sunroof when she heard a couple snaps.  When I take a look at it, I can see that the clips that guide the glass have broken.  Well fast forward through some internet research and I can see that this is a common problem (Lack of lubrication leading to guide failure).  What I want to know is this something I can fix on my own?  I believe it's the lift channels that need replacing and $700 in parts is easier to swallow than $2,000-3,000 at the dealership.  So to break it down:

-Is this a common mortal can replace?  I'm by no means an amateur but I always hear horror stories about sunroofs due to all the labor necessary to even get access to the mechanisms.

-What parts would I need exactly?  The online microfiches are very vague, and it's hard to tell exactly what parts are which.

Thanks for your help guys!  I'm trying to save a couple thousand on this, but if I'm out of my league here, I'll take it to an expert.

-Dan

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Spree

Spree

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 88 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Edge's Year:2013

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:59 PM

You need to research (MACT ford edge) on FB and join the group! You'll be surprised what you can learn...:) and yes, there is a fix!

#3 OFFLINE   roots57

roots57

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 198 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Edge's Year:2016

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:19 PM

You need to research (MACT ford edge) on FB and join the group! You'll be surprised what you can learn... :) and yes, there is a fix!

I bet there's a video for this also.  I know there's some on servicing and lubing the Gen II Edge panoramic sunroof.

#4 OFFLINE   WetpantsMcGee

WetpantsMcGee

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Edge's Year:2012

Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:05 PM

You need to research (MACT ford edge) on FB and join the group! You'll be surprised what you can learn... :) and yes, there is a fix!

I'll take a look, thanks!

#5 OFFLINE   omar302

omar302

Ford Edge Addict

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 1,685 posts
  • Region:Middle East
  • Edge's Year:2011

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:23 PM

You need to research (MACT ford edge) on FB and join the group! You'll be surprised what you can learn...:) and yes, there is a fix!

Can you provide a link to the fix?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users