Back up camera 2010 Ford Edge Sport

I've recently purchased a 2010 Ford Edge Sport. I was initially told by the salesperson that the Edge Limited and Sport comes with a backup camera housed in the rearview mirror. To my disappointed that turned out not to be true. I received an outstanding price on the Edge so I bought it anyway. Does anyone know if it is possible to install a factory backup camera similar to the one in the F-150 or do I have to shop elsewhere?

Thanks

FWIW, if you search around here, you will see that camera is made by Gentex. So, you 'could' get it, get a camera, and make it happen. But you might have other issues to address if you have Sync as that is where the mic is (or was in 2007-2008).

BTW, doesn't the 2010 have an available camera hook up on the navi - assuming you have that of course - and all you would need is a camera then. I would rather have it on the navi head unit then the mirror. it would be 10x easier to install then, has a ready hook up, and would not have to have that bigger Gentex mirror nor the hairy install of mirror and camera.

Edited by Lex Talionis

FWIW, if you search around here, you will see that camera is made by Gentex. So, you 'could' get it, get a camera, and make it happen. But you might have other issues to address if you have Sync as that is where the mic is (or was in 2007-2008).

BTW, doesn't the 2010 have an available camera hook up on the navi - assuming you have that of course - and all you would need is a camera then. I would rather have it on the navi head unit then the mirror. it would be 10x easier to install then, has a ready hook up, and would not have to have that bigger Gentex mirror nor the hairy install of mirror and camera.

Thanks! The SYNC mic is still in the mirror so I won't be taking that route. I do have the NAVI on my 2010 model. I spoke to Ford today and they told me that they cannot hook up a camera, never really gave me a reason. Their solution is to add a aftermarket backup sensor that's the size of a teacup saucer.... not acceptable. I did not realize that the NAVI has a available camera hookup? I will contact Ford again tomorrow. Do you have any suggestions on the type of camera that would work best?

Excuse my ignorance but why would the NAVI have an available camera hookup if they don't offer the camera?

Thanks in advance

Thanks! The SYNC mic is still in the mirror so I won't be taking that route. I do have the NAVI on my 2010 model. I spoke to Ford today and they told me that they cannot hook up a camera, never really gave me a reason. Their solution is to add a aftermarket backup sensor that's the size of a teacup saucer.... not acceptable. I did not realize that the NAVI has a available camera hookup? I will contact Ford again tomorrow. Do you have any suggestions on the type of camera that would work best?

Excuse my ignorance but why would the NAVI have an available camera hookup if they don't offer the camera?

Thanks in advance

My guess is that we will see it in the 2011 model (At least I'm hoping we do)

Thanks in advance

I did this on my 2008 - works perfect and I have full install and write up here - might contact them and see what they have for 2010