MFT / MLT Startup Performance Tip

I found this performance tip over on the syncmyride.com site. It seems to have helped those who tried it.

“I have been finding that performance on my 2011 Lincoln MKX really "sucked" for the first 5 minutes or so after turning on my car, every time I turned my car on. I found a trick that has made the system work much better almost immediately after turning the car on and that has to do with turning off the automatic download of my phonebook from my phone (a setting that is on by default). If you go into the settings for the phone, and turn off auto download of phonebook it might make a big difference for you too.”

I found this performance tip over on the syncmyride.com site. It seems to have helped those who tried it.

"I have been finding that performance on my 2011 Lincoln MKX really "sucked" for the first 5 minutes or so after turning on my car, every time I turned my car on. I found a trick that has made the system work much better almost immediately after turning the car on and that has to do with turning off the automatic download of my phonebook from my phone (a setting that is on by default). If you go into the settings for the phone, and turn off auto download of phonebook it might make a big difference for you too."

WHAT A RELIEF !!! Am I glad you posted this. It would take about 5-8 minutes before the Seek or Voice hard buttons would respond; the navigation would remain frozen all that time. Now, as you say, it's almost instanteneous. I admit I have 2300 contacts to D/L, but this is no excuse for other tasks to freeze in the meantime.

Thanks!

I changed my settings today; we'll see how it responds in the am.

Since I've disabled auto-download of the address book, for about a week now, startups are now enjoyable. I can now use voice, navigation, steering wheel buttons, answer calls, as soon as I start driving ... as it should be.