Ford Edge My Touch - Sirius Travel Link

VincentScuderi

I have a 2011 Ford Edge with My Touch. I always had trouble with the weather map radar not updating so I cancelled the Travel Link. I received a new update in the mail and installed it sucessfully. I just added the Travel Link again on Monday 4/29/12. Everything updates but the Radar. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

Edited by VincentScuderi

Sorry no idea and from what I have read in other posts Ford will say it is a Sirius issue and Sirius will say it is a Ford issue. I beleive somewhere in the system though you can verify what subscriptions you have activated...I would poke around and confirm that first.

Whenever my Travel Link has decided not to update, a system reset usually fixes the problem. I have just come to expect the feature to be unreliable and haven't decided yet if I am going to renew it once my free trial expires. There's nothing available on it that I can't already pull up on my phone, but the convenience of having it available at the touch of a button while driving is nice when it works.

Whenever my Travel Link has decided not to update, a system reset usually fixes the problem. I have just come to expect the feature to be unreliable and haven't decided yet if I am going to renew it once my free trial expires. There's nothing available on it that I can't already pull up on my phone, but the convenience of having it available at the touch of a button while driving is nice when it works.

I think I am going to try the reset.

Master reset... works. But it is far from permanent. Expect the service to disappear again and you won't be disappointed when it happens.

The crappy part about Master Reset - you have to re-enter anything you customized (home, favorites, phones).

Would be interesting to hear if there is a definitive answer (and yes, my 2011 Edge system has the 2012 "factory" software update).