Cold Start

btowns07

I have an 07 SEL with 1000 miles. It seems on the morning cold start up there is a "noise" that is hard to describe. I can hear the fuel injectors but this noise sounds like rocker arm clatter or pulley clatter. After driving it a while it's harder to hear. I replaced my 03 Ranger edge with the 07 Edge at it seems the ranger V6 was quiter on startup and a idle. Maybe it's just me but I wanted to check the board for comments.

Thanks

btowns

• 3 weeks later...

I took my EDGE into the Dealership early this week for the noise. They told me everything was with in normal limits......however if I wanted to meet with the service manager to point out the noise I could. I met with the service manager and pointed out the noise. He told me that he would have a Ford Engineer (I think he said engineer) listen to the noise. I was told the Ford Engineer wants the motor to be sent back for further inspection. It is pure spectulation on what is "wrong". They are shiping a replacement new motor from the factory line on Monday. I should get my EDGE back in 4-5 working days.

btowns

I took my EDGE into the Dealership early this week for the noise. They told me everything was with in normal limits......however if I wanted to meet with the service manager to point out the noise I could. I met with the service manager and pointed out the noise. He told me that he would have a Ford Engineer (I think he said engineer) listen to the noise. I was told the Ford Engineer wants the motor to be sent back for further inspection. It is pure spectulation on what is "wrong". They are shiping a replacement new motor from the factory line on Monday. I should get my EDGE back in 4-5 working days.

btowns

Hope it is okay! Let us know how it turns out...

:)

btowns

I took my 2 week old Edge in to dealer for engine oil leak.

They gave me a rental car and said they would find out where the leak was.

This should not happen with a new car and I am concerned about poor quality control.

They have already performed the TSB for the "pulling to right" problem but as I have not driven it yet I am not sure whether that problem has been fixed.