2015 Ford Edge Revealed?

rickybobby

Seeing that I haven't noticed a thread on this topic I thought I'd start one. (If it isn't kosher to start threads about rumours, then please accept my apologies mods!)

An image of the redesigned 2015 Ford Edge has apparently been leaked in a corporate presentation. You can see photos of it here: http://autoya.info/perhaps_new_ford_edge_2014_2015/

The redesign is probably not that far off from what anyone was expecting... in much the same way that the Escape resembles the Fusion, the Edge looks like it's being brought closer to the Taurus in appearance. It's not a bad look but IMO the Edge will no longer be quite as distinctive in the Ford lineup... only the Flex will really stand apart after this redesign.

What is especially interesting is that a number of websites discussing the 2015 Edge have mentioned the strong likelihood that the new Edge will not have a V6. Just a 4 and a 4-Ecoboost. Apparently (and again, this is purely rumour at this point), if you want a 6 you will have to step up to the MKX.

I have to admit that I like the V6 Edge and if I could only get a 4 then it would have made me that much more inclined to just go with an Escape. I find it an interesting move by Ford if that is in fact the direction they go.